• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it just me? (Xbox Live)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've had a problem for quite a while with Xbox Live.
Quite a few months ago, I was able to log into Xbox Live on Internet Explorer, but recently I keep getting a HTTP 404 error message.

Is the Xbox site no longer compatible with Internet Explorer? Surely, I'm not the only person with this problem? Or is there anyway to get around this problem (google chrome... whatever). (and don't say view it on the Xbox, that isn't an option).

Thanks for any help
VeeBee

Dark Drakan

Admin
Are you using a bookmark to get to it or typing Xbox into google and going to it that way? Because if I try and use my old favourites bookmark I get an error (think they updated the site and the old URL doesnt direct to the right page properly). So if thats the case find it through google and update your bookmark when there. Will need to update Microsoft Silverlight to view the site too.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I'm typing it into google, and I'm just not getting anywhere :(
Microsoft Silverlight :( i deleted that from my laptop months ago...

Thanks Dark Drakan :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'm typing it into google, and I'm just not getting anywhere :(
Microsoft Silverlight :( i deleted that from my laptop months ago...

Thanks Dark Drakan :D

Ah right thats strange might be that then, what happens if you click the link I gave (the Xbox one)?

Thought id start from the beginning and go from there and try and narrow the issue down.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Ah right thats strange might be that then, what happens if you click the link I gave (the Xbox one)?

Thought id start from the beginning and go from there and try and narrow the issue down.

Again, it just says HTTP 404 Not found
(typing error or out of date link)

Dark Drakan

Admin
i thought i'm might be my browser, but i can't download anything over 5mb (500mb to last 28 days.)
I just thought it'd be logical for it to work on internet explorer because its microsoft. :S

Could download it somewhere else and put it on a memory stick and install it on your laptop.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Could take your laptop to a place that has free WiFi like Mcdonalds or a cafe etc.

there's no where in town that has wiffy (sorry, thats what i call it :D )
i'll have to go into town at some point this week. my downloading list is really long
Which browser would you recommend?

Dark Drakan

Admin
there's no where in town that has wiffy (sorry, thats what i call it :D )
i'll have to go into town at some point this week. my downloading list is really long
Which browser would you recommend?

Personally I prefer Firefox over any of the others because I customise my browsers a lot with skins and add-ons/extensions and it seems to have the best variety and tools I need.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
use firefox , you know . . . the last time i used internet explorer was in 2006
it's very old even if u update it to the latest version it's not as comfortable as firefox.

and if didn't get firefox yet try to enter the website from your cell phone browser

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
use firefox , you know . . . the last time i used internet explorer was in 2006
it's very old even if u update it to the latest version it's not as comfortable as firefox.

and if didn't get firefox yet try to enter the website from your cell phone browser

D'oh why didn't i think of that... then again, my mobile browser is rubbish, but I'll give it a go anyway

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
UPDATE: Finally got FireFox.
Xbox site works on it (and it worked on the mobile too.)
Firefox is very slow though

Top Bottom