• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is anyone else disappointed by Vergil's weapon sound?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Y'know what the Yamato sounds like? A realistic sword in use :/

There is no distinct "katana sound," it's just a perception people have because of SFX in media. Sure it doesn't sound cool like we're used to, but I actually gotta give them credit for having more realistic sound design :p
In a game about a half demon half angel hybrid murdering his way through Limbo, no no we don't have to give em credit.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
things like that don't bug me lol what bugs me is when vergil's leg goes through his cape(or whatever you call that lol)
I believe that's referred to as "clipping." It's a very common problem with cape effects :S Chaos Legion was the only game I've seen so far that had a crazy-realistic coat effect, to the point where you could move around and actually get his coat all wrapped around his waist :p

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I believe that's referred to as "clipping." It's a very common problem with cape effects :S Chaos Legion was the only game I've seen so far that had a crazy-realistic coat effect, to the point where you could move around and actually get his coat all wrapped around his waist :p
yeah things like that in games bug me alot lol

Nelo The Great

i don't like the sound effects for either virgil or dante. the weapons just sound really weak, as if they have no power whatsoever.

AlchemistFromEden

assassin's creed is known for its great cloth physics, not on that level but still they're pretty good especially in the third game

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I dunno, watching Ezio's cape billow perfectly straight back even when he turns doesn't make me think they had great cloth physics. I also remember a lot of feet clipping through his frock, too >.<

AlchemistFromEden

I dunno, watching Ezio's cape billow perfectly straight back even when he turns doesn't make me think they had great cloth physics. I also remember a lot of feet clipping through his frock, too >_<
ezio yes, connor and altair, no, altair's cloth even gets kicked up with each step

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
A little... But Vergil being hit by a Chainsaw guy... his scream is like... I can't explain in words:
tumblr_m8jvry5OHO1rpwaqo.gif

My face was almost like this.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Every time he swings or unsheathes it, it doesn't sound quite like a katana. That is probably the only nitpick I have with Vergil's Downfall. Anybody else feel the same, or is it just me?
i look at it like this: they aren't man made swords, so they (rebellion and yamato) won't make the sound of a typical human weapon. same as how the osiris doesn't make the sound a human scythe would

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
vergil's attacks sound weird, and his attack animations look awkward too, especially whenever he sheathes his sword

Top Bottom