• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Introducing Chalice: A Transgender Superheroine!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
nbzjtglsirozgbders7y.png

While comics have now made it a point to have more diversity and representation, transgender characters are still hardly ever in comics, let alone the main character of one. That all changes with this brand new series set to debut in September called "Alters", where the central character is a male to female transgender woman.

In a world where the society is now dealing with the sudden appearance of super powered individuals called "alters", Chalice, undergoing a male to female transition, discovers she has the power to manipulate gravity.

Here's the intriguing twist, this leads to a double-double life where she is not yet "out" as transgender, or a superpowered being. Only being able to present herself as female when in her superhero costume out fighting crime.

She can only be herself, when she's not herself.

When it comes to the LGBT community, comics usually just stay on the spectrum of lesbian and gay characters, never many bisexual or transgender ones. Cool seeing one getting her time to shine. And the concept is definitely an interesting take on the typical superhero story.

I for one am looking forward to following Chalice on her adventures when they begin next month. So, what do you think about her?

24COMICS-superJumbo.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I for one am looking forward to following Chalice on her adventures when they begin next month. So, what do you think about her?

It's nice to see something different. She sounds interesting, and I like the look.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I like the concept so far. I hope they don't blow it.

Though if I'm gonna be honest, the name Chalice sounds very Tumblr-ish.

Top Bottom