• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Indie and Modded Esports, featuring DMC

emma1313

Hey Everyone :)

My name is Emma. I have been in contact with Steve and Andy, and so creating a thread here following from this and looking forward to share with everyone :)

To give the brief background and overview, I founded ESPA. ESPA is the first casual esports platform. It allows indie devs, modders, digital fashion designers and all players to have an active stake in an entire ecosystem for casual esports battles. They can finally start generating real income, recognisable value, a sustainable livelihood and an amateur to pro gaming career. Casual because a player can plug in anytime, it's not a set time that the tournaments take place.

Digital fashion and in-game wearables (skins) are the key to entry in the ESPA system. They are what verifies a player’s digital identity, authenticated through these items being secured and issued as NFTs. We aren’t requiring games to build on “blockchain” or integrate NFTs into their tech. We take care of that as a complementary layer to their existing in-game economy and gameplay.

Players use these skins, bought from the marketplace, as their personal insignias within the ESPA meta-game, for secure and contextual leaderboard scoring and a ledger of a player’s game performance. This NFT marketplace, called DIGITALAX, was first established in December before all the hype you are seeing today, as the first ever gaming skins and digital fashion focused NFT market. We‘ve done really well in a short time, with over USD$400K in sales for only 5 auctions and a 4000+ community across our telegram, discord channels.

I am the sole founder of this whole endeavor — a 22 year old from Monavale, right outside of Sydney, Australia. I am now based in San Francisco.

We are launching with the first tournament next week. It is and Among Us mod. We are highlighting the Sheriff Mod in particular, working with Woodi and then also with Kodomodachi who has created awesome skins for the players to wear in game. We actually also partnered with a London based fashion designer to inspire the items. These digital fashion items act as the authenticators for the players scoring within ESPA. Anyway, we want to make sure that there is a really balanced field of players, especially those who have clearly showed a love for the game.

After Among Us, we have Minecraft, LOL, CS:GO, DBFZ lined up. We are also looking to showcase DMC.. it's awesome

If anything I have said aligns with anyone, I'd love to talk, have you part of ESPA, or anything in between. If you are a Player ESPA is a new home... if you are a DMC modder, would love to talk if you are interested to collab and showcase your content with us for the battles!

Reply to this thread or add me on discord Emma_13#2517 (Unfortunately I can't send links yet on this forum, but on discord I can! )

Thanks xD

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hey Everyone :)

My name is Emma. I have been in contact with Steve and Andy, and so creating a thread here following from this and looking forward to share with everyone :)

To give the brief background and overview, I founded ESPA. ESPA is the first casual esports platform. It allows indie devs, modders, digital fashion designers and all players to have an active stake in an entire ecosystem for casual esports battles. They can finally start generating real income, recognisable value, a sustainable livelihood and an amateur to pro gaming career. Casual because a player can plug in anytime, it's not a set time that the tournaments take place.

Digital fashion and in-game wearables (skins) are the key to entry in the ESPA system. They are what verifies a player’s digital identity, authenticated through these items being secured and issued as NFTs. We aren’t requiring games to build on “blockchain” or integrate NFTs into their tech. We take care of that as a complementary layer to their existing in-game economy and gameplay.

Players use these skins, bought from the marketplace, as their personal insignias within the ESPA meta-game, for secure and contextual leaderboard scoring and a ledger of a player’s game performance. This NFT marketplace, called DIGITALAX, was first established in December before all the hype you are seeing today, as the first ever gaming skins and digital fashion focused NFT market. We‘ve done really well in a short time, with over USD$400K in sales for only 5 auctions and a 4000+ community across our telegram, discord channels.

I am the sole founder of this whole endeavor — a 22 year old from Monavale, right outside of Sydney, Australia. I am now based in San Francisco.

We are launching with the first tournament next week. It is and Among Us mod. We are highlighting the Sheriff Mod in particular, working with Woodi and then also with Kodomodachi who has created awesome skins for the players to wear in game. We actually also partnered with a London based fashion designer to inspire the items. These digital fashion items act as the authenticators for the players scoring within ESPA. Anyway, we want to make sure that there is a really balanced field of players, especially those who have clearly showed a love for the game.

After Among Us, we have Minecraft, LOL, CS:GO, DBFZ lined up. We are also looking to showcase DMC.. it's awesome

If anything I have said aligns with anyone, I'd love to talk, have you part of ESPA, or anything in between. If you are a Player ESPA is a new home... if you are a DMC modder, would love to talk if you are interested to collab and showcase your content with us for the battles!

Reply to this thread or add me on discord Emma_13#2517 (Unfortunately I can't send links yet on this forum, but on discord I can! )

Thanks xD
Hi! It's not something I could get involved in but I think it's a cool idea. What I will do, for the time being, is pin this thread so that it always stays at the top and hopefully generates a bit more traffic for you. Otherwise, it could get lost among the older threads and I think it's worth promoting.

Keep us updated - and congrats on your achievements so far :giggle:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh.. it's all online..?.. don't think I get your comment.
Most tournaments are in-person. But you said this is online... So! If this is an online tournament, and it applies to mods, how do players advance to the next rung? Most DMC mods go crazy with the modifications - as in going outside the confines of DMC's rules. For example, DMC5 allows for infinite combos or combo loops. :LOL:

emma1313

Hi! It's not something I could get involved in but I think it's a cool idea. What I will do, for the time being, is pin this thread so that it always stays at the top and hopefully generates a bit more traffic for you. Otherwise, it could get lost among the older threads and I think it's worth promoting.

Keep us updated - and congrats on your achievements so far :giggle:
Awesome thank you!! That means a lot

Most tournaments are in-person. But you said this is online... So! If this is an online tournament, and it applies to mods, how do players advance to the next rung? Most DMC mods go crazy with the modifications - as in going outside the confines of DMC's rules. For example, DMC5 allows for infinite combos or combo loops. :LOL:
Yes, this a completely new industry.. casual esports. Imagine a platform/app, you can plugin anytime and choose your content, engage in these battles and earn value. This is the purpose, allow freedom through gaming. Anyone should be able to come into the industry and have a defined roadmap from rookie to pro, players and creators.

To start with we are manually integrating and working with different modders. We work with the modder for them to set game play mechanics that can work for scoring rounds ... so it has to be something that at least allows for scoring, other than that it is pretty democratised for access

Top Bottom