• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Increasing DB brutality

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
For quite a while now I have known about pressing the DB button repeatedly when attacking enemies with the Devilbringer to make it just that little more brutal. But does it work on bosses? I cant really tell, it seems to work when you are fighing Echidna. I have now made a habbit when attacking normal enemies and bosses with the Devilbringer + Devil trigger pressing shoot and the DB button together repeatedly to get as many swords in as I can and try and make the move stronger.

Is this a waste of effort? does anybody else do this?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
darth_angelo45;77003 said:
For quite a while now I have known about pressing the DB button repeatedly when attacking enemies with the Devilbringer to make it just that little more brutal. But does it work on bosses? I cant really tell, it seems to work when you are fighing Echidna. I have now made a habbit when attacking normal enemies and bosses with the Devilbringer + Devil trigger pressing shoot and the DB button together repeatedly to get as many swords in as I can and try and make the move stronger.

Is this a waste of effort? does anybody else do this?

I do it, and it works;)
Swords DO deal damage. It help me clear the last boss a few minutes/seconds earlier^_^

Darth Angelo

Yeah when I am fighting a group of blades those swords are a godsend because I can keep the others at bay while I get all the slams I can out of one of them.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
I do it too. The swords definately help. They also help you pull off slow starting moves like showdown on fast enemies like A Angelos, cutlass, and what have you.

Keaton

Premium
I already knew about the Swords but I didnt know you could make the Buster more powerful +rep!

Darth Angelo

like tapping DB on frost will give you 1 extra swing and tapping + DT will give you 2 extra swings.

But with moves like the normal buster it doesn't seem to do anything but I still do it anyway.

aka958

Don't trust people
yeah its COOL but i've never tried on Bosses... and you can Charge Gun before using DB and when doing buster you just release and get 6 swords at one time (in DT of course).
and you can Charge Gun while using Buster move (if you would not be in DT)

Top Bottom