• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

in all the dmc games, which dante rules?

in all the dmc games, which dante rules?

• dmc

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • dmc 2

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • dmc 3

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • dmc 4

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I thought I posted in this already. D:
Tough call, but I'ma have to go with DMC 4 Dante. I really like his appearance and maybe I'm a little spoiled by the crazy detail on him. DMC 1 Dante is a very, very close second though. A tie, even.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
DMC3 Dante. I didn't much like him at first, but he is pretty serious underneath all the trashtalk in that game, it's like the frivolous talk is a veneer to cover lots of emotions he hadn't yet dealt with. There are plenty of moments when he is serious, emotional, sensitive or whatever (if people don't think he was) as well as immature, it's just less glaringly obvious than it is in DMC1. His 3 personality reflects his age and the characteristic flakiness of that age pretty well.

In 4 I don't know what he'd been taking, but it annoyed me. Preferred DMC1 Dante over the other remaining 2.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
A combination of 1, 2....and a little bit of 4 - just a tiny bit - not all of the stupidness!

His 3 personality reflects his age and the characteristic flakiness of that age pretty well.

I agree with Lexy on this, but just I'm not much of a fan of DMC3 Dante.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Darth Angelo;262011 said:
Exactly, what annoys me even more is that he actually had opportunities to be deep like when
Credo dies
or when he parted ways with Nero after their second fight or the end of the game which would have been the most appropriate time.

What's with people dissing on DMC4 Dante? I thought they kept him well in character in DMC4. He was more mature but still Dante. When he was all "okay, I guess I'll play the good guy then" after the event in the spoiler...well, geeze, don't we know that Dante hides behind his wit and lame jokes when he's in a high pressure situation? I mean, he did the same thing when he faced Vergil the first time in DMC3 with his lame as joke about bad parties. That, and the fact that Dante is no humanitarian. Credo was undoubtedly the bad guy in his eyes - he did send Nero to capture Dante, after all - and with
his last request
being selfless he sorta redeemed himself. Why else would Dante have adhered to his final request
if Credo had died
as a bad guy? That'd make no bloody sense!

And I thought he had his moments. After his second fight with Nero when he wanted to take Yamato back, they had what I call a man-love moment. And right at the end, even if he still had that ****iness, his words were pretty deep, so I really don't know how people think Dante had absolutely no depth in DMC4.

And if you perceived Dante as highly annoying in DMC4 - so did I! Do you know why he was so irritating? Because he was meant to be! He gets his kicks by provoking his opponents, and with us playing as Nero we were his opponents. I know I'm making sense and I know I'm right, so anyone who replies to my post and tries to call me out on it, can suck my fist. DMC4 Dante was totally in-character and more refined than the previous game, we just got a taste of the medicine we were dealing out in DMC3 as Dante. Isn't there a saying or something that if you can heartily give you should be able to willingly receive as well?

Anyway. DMC3 Dante was a bit too lame with his mommy jokes, although the abs make up for it.
But DMC4 Dante rules. The mocap was so much better - the expressions, the movements, his wit :wub:, the stubble :wub: :wub:. The only jest I have with DMC4 Dante is that we didn't get to see his muscles...and that retarded coat that made him look like a clown...:mad:

Meg

^ You make a lot of good points there. Especially about the coat. But still Dante in 4 for me was still....meh. I don't know. Maybe its because we didn't see enough of him.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Chloe_Ryder;262873 said:
What's with people dissing on DMC4 Dante? I thought they kept him well in character in DMC4. He was more mature but still Dante. When he was all "okay, I guess I'll play the good guy then" after the event in the spoiler...well, geeze, don't we know that Dante hides behind his wit and lame jokes when he's in a high pressure situation? I mean, he did the same thing when he faced Vergil the first time in DMC3 with his lame as joke about bad parties. That, and the fact that Dante is no humanitarian. Credo was undoubtedly the bad guy in his eyes - he did send Nero to capture Dante, after all - and with
his last request
being selfless he sorta redeemed himself. Why else would Dante have adhered to his final request
if Credo had died
as a bad guy? That'd make no bloody sense!

And I thought he had his moments. After his second fight with Nero when he wanted to take Yamato back, they had what I call a man-love moment. And right at the end, even if he still had that ****iness, his words were pretty deep, so I really don't know how people think Dante had absolutely no depth in DMC4.

And if you perceived Dante as highly annoying in DMC4 - so did I! Do you know why he was so irritating? Because he was meant to be! He gets his kicks by provoking his opponents, and with us playing as Nero we were his opponents. I know I'm making sense and I know I'm right, so anyone who replies to my post and tries to call me out on it, can suck my fist. DMC4 Dante was totally in-character and more refined than the previous game, we just got a taste of the medicine we were dealing out in DMC3 as Dante. Isn't there a saying or something that if you can heartily give you should be able to willingly receive as well?

Anyway. DMC3 Dante was a bit too lame with his mommy jokes, although the abs make up for it.
But DMC4 Dante rules. The mocap was so much better - the expressions, the movements, his wit :wub:, the stubble :wub: :wub:. The only jest I have with DMC4 Dante is that we didn't get to see his muscles...and that retarded coat that made him look like a clown...:mad:

Oh,god...I almost died of laughing...with the abs and mommy jokes.BEST EVER Chloe!

Mine would be DMC 1 and 3 Dante.

slice n dice

static x and dmc fan
y'know when i said that the votes would end and all that. after it will continue but things will be different. it's confusing to explain right now.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;261901 said:
DMC1 Dante. Serious, but still funny. I hated him in 3 and 4 because he didn't take anything seriously. In 3 it was understandable, but he had no excuse in 4.

As always exactly what I would have said right down to the letter.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
The Dante fangirl in me wants to say he's perfect in every game.....! :-D

In reality he's weird in 2
Annoying teenager in 3
Weird and annoying in 4
So I voted for the first game - he is more 'deep' but still the weird and annoying Dante I love :wub;

I'm sorry if that makes no sense - I'm bored at work and felt like posting even though I'm not really thinking about it.....I should get back to work...

Osaka

trollololol
Late with this but I've gone for 3. I like all of them though, even if none of them are 100% perfect (didn't find him annoying in 4 since I was just too happy with being able to play as him after sorta rushing through Nero's parts. Not that I don't like Nero but still.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom