• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm creating a stylish game like Devil May Cry !

timeman13

Hi everyone !

I've been creating, for few months, a stylish combat game similar to Devil May Cry.

Here is a short video of the rough gameplay :

If you're interested in playing the demo when it is out, please suscribe and click the bell so as to be notified.

Do you want to support this game ? Just share it around you ;) (social media, forums, family, friends, etc...).

A big thanks to this awesome community !

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nah.

Just a better choice.

Capcom's so busy trying to re-invent the wheel, they forgot how to polish what they already had.

timeman13

Impressive stuff

GOTY
Thanks man !

Looks good. Digging the animation if it's like that as a stylistic choice, it gives a distinct flavor to the combat.
Thanks, animations are not polished yet, but they tend to translate the pace of the game.

Nah.

Just a better choice.

Capcom's so busy trying to re-invent the wheel, they forgot how to polish what they already had.
I can't pretend to do the same thing than a big AAA studio like Capcom, but I am doing my best ;)

If you have any feedback/ critics/ suggestions, don't hesitate !

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, make the characters and the swords a bit thinner.

If you're worried about creating an antagonist that's too similar to any of Capcom's, don't be. Just make it different enough to avoid copyright infringement.

After all, it's not like Capcom themselves were worried when they copied Legion's mannerisms, slow measured speech, and his main headquarters, right?

latest

Yep. Completely different. Absolutely no similarities whatsoever.

timeman13

Well, make the characters and the swords a bit thinner.

If you're worried about creating an antagonist that's too similar to any of Capcom's, don't be. Just make it different enough to avoid copyright infringement.

After all, it's not like Capcom themselves were worried when they copied Legion's mannerisms, slow measured speech, and his main headquarters, right?

latest

Yep. Completely different. Absolutely no similarities whatsoever.
Thanks, the design of the hero looks really "bulky" I know haha, but it's not the final version of the design. Actually, I intended to create some sort of an "Iron man armor"like who can fly, launch missiles, antimatter blasts, morph new weapons, etc...

I'm also creating antagonists on my own, but I can see what other studios do, so as to take some inspiration, but no copying, so I don't stress about it ;)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Thanks, animations are not polished yet, but they tend to translate the pace of the game.

The pace looks fast and hectic which is good. I'm just wondering how the combo mechanics are gonna work. Many people are quick to call just about any fast paced action game "DMC clone" or "DMC-like" but to be such, the combo system must rely on single move chaining and free flow rather than dial combos, which is what the vast majority of H&S games tend to use as the backbone of their combat.

?
Capcom's animations are clean and polished af. Especially impressive if you consider that they mocap none of their combat ones, they're all made by hand.

Last edited:

timeman13

The pace looks fast and hectic which is good. I'm just wondering how the combo mechanics are gonna work. Many people are quick to call just about any fast paced action game "DMC clone" or "DMC-like" but to be such, the combo system must rely on single move chaining and free flow rather than dial combos, which is what the vast majority of H&S games tend to use as the backbone of their combat.

?
Capcom's animations are clean and polished af. Especially impressive if you consider that they mocap none of their combat ones, they're all made by hand.
Thanks. About the combo mechanic, the target is to be more "Free flow" with the moves, so you can chain it to make impressive combos, with separates types of moves.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Thanks. About the combo mechanic, the target is to be more "Free flow" with the moves, so you can chain it to make impressive combos, with separates types of moves.

Ah ha, a DMC-like game indeed. Awesome, there's a tragic lack of them around. Keep up the good work, man.

timeman13

Update: Improved melee land combos + added damage indicators + hard work on impact feel of each hit + improved overall game pacing + improved collisions. :D

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

The flying system looks good so far. Very Iron Man like. Pull that off without pulling an Anthem and you're golden.

Top Bottom