• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could go back in time...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
...to any point in your life where you wish you did something differently, what would it be?

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't bother with a wedding. I'd take the money, dump the kids on my best friend, and go on a month long honeymoon to Fiji with my hubby. :)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I would have done art as my first degree and had a massive advantage on myself now in this merciless profession. You need 10 years just to get started

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think I would've taken my parents up on the offer to send me to Japanese university at 18 to study the language properly. But I was just too nervous to go all by myself.

Having said that, if I had gone, I would have started my current university 1 year later and probably wouldn't have met all the awesome people I know now. Besides, it's not like the offer's not there anymore. Now it's just a question of working out when I want to do it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Gosh, there's so much.
Two main things:
1. I wouldn't have bothered with Sixth Form and gone into college before 'the damage was done' and I had my first depressive 'meltdown'.

2... well, there is a second thing, but I din't know how to say it, but it's something that I feel very guilty about.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nothing.

I simply had too much fun to ever want to.

jack-jack-sparrow-Favim.com-231576.gif

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I would have found a sponsor and, after finishing my A-Levels, moved to Bristol and signed the recording contract that was waiting for me.

OR

I would tap my 17-year old self on the shoulder at "that" party and say:

"RUN! RUN AWAY NOW!"

Isn't 20/20 hindsight wonderful?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Isn't 20/20 hindsight wonderful?
True enough. People can only make choices based on what they know at that time, then live with the consequences of that choice and try to make the best of it.
Sometimes I think I was a prat for not going to Japan, but then I think I wasn't really ready. At least now I'm older, I've got experience of living on my own, a lot more education under my belt, life lessons and confidence to go out and do it once my latest stint at university is over.

Thinking about it, I do regret not keeping in touch with my childhood best friend after she moved away, but then she found me on facebook and maybe it was for the best as it seems that we have become very different people. I guess life is like that.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well... I could be teaching in Tokyo right about now. I guess that's another thing I would have changed if I could, since I just "can't think of England".
It's not too late though, right? You could still go, just later than you wanted to.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's not too late though, right? You could still go, just later than you wanted to.

It's possible, just gonna be a lot more difficult now than before to get myself into the position to be able to again, geographically too. But... I guess that's never stopped me before.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's possible, just gonna be a lot more difficult now than before to get myself into the position to be able to again, geographically too. But... I guess that's never stopped me before.
Maybe I'm naively optimistic, but I think that so long as there isn't too much baggage holding a person down, then take a chance and do something you really want to, even if it's a bit risky. At least then it is not a life lived with deep regret.

Reactions: V

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I would tell my younger self to

-go watch Spirited Away in theaters.
-Go play Kingdom Hearts the second you buy a PS2.
-Spend more time with the girl you had a crush on.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
True enough. People can only make choices based on what they know at that time, then live with the consequences of that choice and try to make the best of it.
Sometimes I think I was a prat for not going to Japan, but then I think I wasn't really ready. At least now I'm older, I've got experience of living on my own, a lot more education under my belt, life lessons and confidence to go out and do it once my latest stint at university is over.

Thinking about it, I do regret not keeping in touch with my childhood best friend after she moved away, but then she found me on facebook and maybe it was for the best as it seems that we have become very different people. I guess life is like that.
Life experience counts for a lot these days - and when you do go to Japan, I think you will probably feel far more confident and ready for the experience. Sounds like it will be fun :D

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I would have done things when I wanted to do them, and not sit in my room, too scared to even try.
For once, I would have asked my parents for a PlayStation, instead of thinking consoles weren't for girls.
And I would have become a graphic designer.

...But I would have still attended that lecture in my university, on October 4th in 2009 so that I could meet my actual bf, whom I would not trade for anything in the world.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I would also go back to my 18 year old self and advise on getting the epidural BEFORE 46 hours of agonizing labour started. And I'd eat something before I went to the hospital...damn, I was hungry when that was all over.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I would have done things when I wanted to do them, and not sit in my room, too scared to even try.
Don't beat yourself up about that though. I think a lot of people feel like that at some point in life. They see something they want to do, but they're too scared.

I would also go back to my 18 year old self and advise on getting the epidural BEFORE 46 hours of agonizing labour started. And I'd eat something before I went to the hospital...damn, I was hungry when that was all over.
I can't believe they let you be in labour for that long without doing something. That's terrible. Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment. Women have died from being in labour that long.
I guess having a huge needle in your back was relief compared to all the other excruciating pain. Or, at least that's what my friends tell me. They tell me all sorts of horror stories.

My friend who recently had a baby; she had it so quickly that she nearly gave birth in the car park of the hospital. :laugh: I still don't know how that could happen, but it sounds like she got off lucky. I don't think they're going to share that story with their daughter though. Too embarrassing. :tongue:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I can't believe they let you be in labour for that long without doing something. That's terrible. Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment. Women have died from being in labour that long.
I guess having a huge needle in your back was relief compared to all the other excruciating pain. Or, at least that's what my friends tell me. They tell me all sorts of horror stories.
Everyone has a horror birth-story. Those who don't tend to be ignored because they are busy talking about "the magic of childbirth" or "the beauty of new life" or some such rubbish. Nobody likes those people...not even their own families :laugh:.

I guess for me, I didn't know what was happening to me - sure, you can read about it and talk it over with other parents but until you are flat on your back in a hospital with a shortage of staff and no one telling you what's happening...yeah, I was terrified and alone and things were happening to me that had SO not been mentioned in antenatal class. I had asked for painkillers hours before but at that time was unable to swallow tablets so they said they couldn't find anyone to sign off on some liquid painkillers for me. Goodness knows why no one offered me Pethidine or Tramadol like they normally would in that situation. Eventually, 40hrs in, I got some bloke with a needle stabbing me in the spine and then I had 6 hours of no pain until Jessica was born. No idea what happened after that because I apparently passed out from blood loss and shock for however many hours it was.

Having said that, I don't know what's better - a long labour with plenty of pain relief or a short one with none. From first tiny twinge to "Hello world", Jake and Josh were 1hr 50mins and 51mins respectively. I remember with Josh asking for an epidural and the midwife just saying, "well you could but seeing as the head is already out, there is little point". If I ever have another one it would have to be by elective Caesarean - my babies are too big and I am so done with being Jabba the Hutt.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I would go back to when I was ten, and I would convince my dad to get his heart checked so he could have had bypass surgery and I wouldn't have to be without him from the age of 11 cause his heart wouldn't have given up on him

Top Bottom