• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If we pit DMC 4 Dante against early Goku (Upto Kaioken X4), who would win?

luckiest charm

I was just wondering, if we put the very best of Dante, against adult Goku at the start of Dragon Ball Z, with a power level of around 25000 when he countered Vegeta's galick gun with a Kaioken x4 Kamehameha .. who would win?

Note - Its way way below Super Saiyan level, not getting into Frieza saga, just goku at its weakest and dante at its strongest.

luckiest charm

Okay, so time to take things down a notch.

What about Goku at the time of fighting Raditz?
Power level of 340 (Approx.)

Keep in mind, vergil's sword's shockwave can easily saw a building in half (Dante trumps him), and goku wasn't quite better than the basic kamehameha without kaioken. At his best he would destroy a ship, thats all.

By the time of DMC 4's end, Dante has somewhat mastered teleportation.

PS - A question, when does this 'starter' tag stops showing up ... ?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, so time to take things down a notch.

What about Goku at the time of fighting Raditz?
Power level of 340 (Approx.)

Keep in mind, vergil's sword's shockwave can easily saw a building in half (Dante trumps him), and goku wasn't quite better than the basic kamehameha without kaioken. At his best he would destroy a ship, thats all.

By the time of DMC 4's end, Dante has somewhat mastered teleportation.

PS - A question, when does this 'starter' tag stops showing up ... ?

The starter tag merely indicates that you were the one who created the thread-not that you're new here (I had some confusion when I started here, too). ;)

As to your thread...

I'd like to say they're evenly matched, since I like both characters, but I'm prone to thinking Dante would succeed.

luckiest charm

I see .. so that cleared it up. ;)

As far as Goku (Power Level 340) and Dante stand, how did you come to the conclusion, I would like to know that.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I see .. so that cleared it up. ;)

As far as Goku (Power Level 340) and Dante stand, how did you come to the conclusion, I would like to know that.

To be honest, I am horrible at "doing the math" involved in these types of scenarios, but for the sake of conversation, I'll try. ^^;

There are others things to take into consideration, besides feats of strength, power levels, etc. Speed plays a factor, as does intelligence, tactics/fighting styles, and defense. It's been awhile since I watched any DBZ, so I have a very vague recollection of when Goku achieved what ability...but at the stage you're dictating, he didn't have instant transmission yet, right?

Assuming he didn't, he still was quite fast-but then again, so is Dante. We see examples of Dante's speed in terms of evading enemy attacks, blocking enemy attacks, and the lightning output he performs when pulling the triggers on his guns.

In terms of feats of strength...well, there are many examples there, as well. Beating Mundus was rather impressive, given the fact that the Demon King was unbeatable to most everyone else-excluding Sparda. Despite not being able to kill him, Dante did manage to cause enough damage to prevent Mundus from returning (though granted, some say that due to being in the human world, Mundus didn't have full access to his powers at the time of their battle; I'm not too sure about that, myself).

We also see Dante block a giant fist of the Savior statue, like it was nothing-though we see the impact crater beneath him, from where he dug his heels in, which suggests the hit was both fast and powerful.

I would never dare underestimate Goku's strength, speed, or character-but between the two of them, both of them enjoying a worthy opponent and all, I think Goku is far more laid back (which is saying something, considering how mellow Dante can get at times) and I think as far as intelligence goes, Dante has the lion's share.

Not saying Goku is stupid by any stretch, but certainly more light-hearted. :)

I could be way off-base with my conclusion-either way, it would be one hell of a match.

The Final Offer

Dante can be killed by one punch from Goku 's kaioken.

Wanna know how I know?

Yamacha = Dante.
Everyone > Yamacha.

Post SS Goku but still.

tumblr_lfzv38ZxtX1qgq4hio1_500.gif

Oh and why I'm nerding out. Super powered beings from DBZ that can teleport and move at greater speeds than Dante have not shown the ability to DODGE wide, blinding, powerful ki attacks.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Keep in mind, vergil's sword's shockwave can easily saw a building in half

Please show me a time where Vergil sliced a building in two. I know Dante sliced a hellgate in two, but was that really from the sword's abilities or Dante's? Keep in Mind that when Nero did the slice attack it was smaller and weaker then Dante's so it mostly depends on the person wielding it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not saying Goku is stupid by any stretch, but certainly more light-hearted. :)

Actually Goku's pretty stupid in the sense that he didn't understand the trends of a normal human society. Hell he didn't even know what a girl was until he pats them on the privates :\

I'd say Dante is more intelligent then Goku, but that's not really saying much.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Actually Goku's pretty stupid in the sense that he didn't understand the trends of a normal human society. Hell he didn't even know what a girl was until he pats them on the privates :\

Lol, I was trying to be nice about it...and I forgot that he did that. >.<

Okay yeah, Goku's not that sharp.

In my opinion, it's saying a lot, actually. ;)

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Son Kun isn't the sharpest knife in the shed but in the words of Vegeta "....Kakarrot is a fighting genius..." Son Goku has fought supernatural beings before and one. In a sense Dante is no different. Yeah Dante is smarter and near invincible but so is Son Kun even at Kaio-Ken X4 level.
I don't think Dante would handle a Spirit Bomb or a Kamehameha well at all.

luckiest charm

Yeah its quite clear that a Kaio-Ken X4 kamehameha can convert Dante + his entire family into fine powder, so I took things down a notch. Before he died and went to King Kai (There he learned Spirit Bomb and Kaio-Ken). Instant Transmission is something he figured out after his battle with Frieza.

We also see Dante block a giant fist of the Savior statue, like it was nothing-though we see the impact crater beneath him, from where he dug his heels in, which suggests the hit was both fast and powerful.

When did that happen? DMC 4? I don't recall a hit like that from savior.

Goku certainly is quite laid back and blunt in everything, but you got to say he is not that stupid as well. Many times he came up with a plan to buy time from enemies or some hidden last resort tactic to deal with them for good. He might be foolish in other tasks but when it comes to fighting he showed some pretty impressive feats.

Alright, so at the end of the day, I would say if we put him against Sanctus (final battle), he would loose horribly, mostly because the only technique he knows is kamehameha and flying. Nero managed to defeat him once and for all, and Dante trumps Nero as we all know. So its safe to conclude Dante would trump Goku.

Take Goku's power level anything higher than that, half of the planet would be destroyed as said above.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yeah, it was DMC4. Toward the end, you don't remember that while Nero was fighting Sanctus' form inside the statue, Dante was outside, fighting the statue itself?

In any case, I find your conclusion fair; if the planet's blown up, that either blows up everything else along with it, or leaves it to drift in empty space. If Dante did manage to live through it, he'd probably be hurting pretty damn bad, lol.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

that was kid goku you where referring to.

The very same Kid Goku that had just came down from living on the mountains away from civilization since birth, so doesn't really apply to the Goku being used in the battle thread (which is around the Saiyan saga) that is many times more civilized and smart than his childhood counterpart.

Trust me, I bet he knows the difference between a boy and a girl now judging by Gohan's birth *wink**wink*:sneaky:

But regarding this thread, Dante doesn't stand a chance here, maybe against Goku during the Demon King Piccolo Saga, but anything afterwards I can't see him winning since Goku by the Saiyan Saga should be a casual city buster which means that he can destroy a entire city with just a blast if he wanted to, can't see Dante surviving something like that.

Not to mention Goku's insane speed and strength by then.

And this is WITHOUT Kaoken.

luckiest charm

that was kid goku you where referring to.

The very same Kid Goku that had just came down from living on the mountains away from civilization since birth, so doesn't really apply to the Goku being used in the battle thread (which is around the Saiyan saga) that is many times more civilized and smart than his childhood counterpart.

Trust me, I bet he knows the difference between a boy and a girl now judging by Gohan's birth *wink**wink*:sneaky:

But regarding this thread, Dante doesn't stand a chance here, maybe against Goku during the Demon King Piccolo Saga, but anything afterwards I can't see him winning since Goku by the Saiyan Saga should be a casual city buster which means that he can destroy a entire city with just a blast if he wanted to, can't see Dante surviving something like that.

Not to mention Goku's insane speed and strength by then.

And this is WITHOUT Kaoken.

That is certainly a very nice point.

But keep in mind, Goku's speed is not all that good at the start of Saiyan Saga. Raditz was able to kick him in stomach with utmost ease and not a lot of high-speed moments are shown at that time. I'dd say Dante and Goku are evenly matched in speed.

Now lets come to power. Keep in mind, its not like the bigger the attack the stronger it is. It depends on the power level of the user. Goku's power level was around 340 at that time while krillin's power level was around 150.

Its safe to conclude Dante > Krillin by a huge margin (He dealt with savior with no problem, Krillin would become paste till then).
Dante relies on his devil arms and guns while Goku relies on brute force and energy attacks. Without learning Kaio-Ken, instant transmission, etc, he can not dodge the lightning fast moves of Dante.

Also keep in mind, at that time Goku was not strong enough to devastate a whole city with just 1 blast. A Kamehameha is not strong enough. Pandora's Revenge can be 1/4 as strong as a kamehameha at that time. Dante does manage to brush it off easily and also has a very high resistance of heat (as shown when he was sitting on Berial's tail). So energy attacks dodging should not be a big problem for him. He also has some wide range area obliterating techniques like Slash Dimension C/F.

Edit - In full moon, Dante is toast hands down. But the battle has to be with Goku's Power level maxed out at 350. In the same battle with Raditz his PL shot to 1200+ but we are not taking that into account.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
As much as i love DragonBall, Z, GT etc.
I don't think KidGoku would win because in GT when Goku was wished into a kid again his body couldn't handle the power of his adult form.

HOWEVER given time & training KidGoku would be able to adjust, he is a Saiyan & Saiyans get stronger.
If Gotenks can go SuperSaiyan3 then KidGoku would be able to gain control of his adult power level.

It's not kid Goku that he/she is talking about. He/She means the Goku after the training with King Kai in which he's got Kaioken.

Top Bottom