• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Hideki Kamiya Directed Devil May Cry 3,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldsickle

Do you think he might have discarded the Rebellion and have Dante wield the Force Edge instead?

I was surprised to see Rebellion in DMC3, actually. I initially saw it as a "piece of a failed game" but after a while, the concept of the Rebellion being Dante's default weapon kinda grew into me.

As for the "Power Of Sparda", I think Hideki might have thought up of something or came up with a totally different story.

To be honest, after seeing on-screen button prompts for the ever-"mandatory" cinematic finishing moves and quick time events in Bayonetta, I was kinda glad he didn't work on the DMC series anymore.

"Original creator" doesn't mean crap nowadays.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I liked DMC1 more than 3 because 3 seemed to be trying to whore itself out to the western gamers with Dante's new steriotypical American teen attitude. But I hated it, I thought the series was more on the right track (although led a little too far) with DMC2. I guess they just can't find that balance like the original creators did.

I would love to have seen Hideki have a stab at it. With me, at the time I didn't know nor care about the change in directors until way after 3. So my attitude was just directed at Capcom as a whole.And after I realised that the original creator left after the first one the decline of the series started to make sense.

But anywho regarding the sword, it all boils down the the fact that Force Edge is now Sparda and Sparda would have made DMC3 the easiest game the the world lol. They should have gone with the original plan and given Dante a vacation after 1. Too much of a good thing is bad for you.

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 3 was and still remains the highest peak of glory for the DMC3 series.

I have to say original creators or not, It matters somewhere and It doesn't somewhere else.

Thing is, Devil May Cry 4 didn't follow as much as 3 had created or in other words, wasn't its worthy successor.

Returning to the point, I don't think Hideki would have done a better job.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Goldsickle;181464 said:
I was surprised to see Rebellion in DMC3, actually. I initially saw it as a "piece of a failed game" but after a while, the concept of the Rebellion being Dante's default weapon kinda grew into me.

The same thing happened to me... when I first saw Rebellion in DMC3 I got kinda disappointed. But when I saw it awakening with Dante (that change of look was awesome) I realized it was dante's true sword. Since then I started loving it more and more. Reb's description in DMC4 says "Is is the physical manifestation of Dante's power" or something like that. It was then I became an official rebellion fan.

If Hideki Kamiya made Force Edge Dante's main weapon it would kinda ruin the concept of rebellion being Dante's default weapon, plus he would have to give a different plot to the game.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
darth_angelo45;181519 said:
I liked DMC1 more than 3 because 3 seemed to be trying to whore itself out to the western gamers with Dante's new steriotypical American teen attitude. But I hated it, I thought the series was more on the right track (although led a little too far) with DMC2. I guess they just can't find that balance like the original creators did.

YES!!! I agree 100% with you on this one.

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!11!!!1!!!11!ONE!

Dante's new attitude is nothing more than a terrible steryotype and I am glad someone else sees it for what it is.

As for the topic, if you don't like Rebellion just use the original costume and there you go. You have force edge.

Goldsickle

Black Angel;181544 said:
As for the topic, if you don't like Rebellion just use the original costume and there you go. You have force edge.

I already mentioned in my original post that I grew to like the Rebellion :3

ParkesieMayCry959

Royalguard Master
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but oh well.

If you play as Dante's DMC1 costumes, with or without the coat, Rebellions appearance changes into Force Edge, but the name remains the same.

I'm not sure if these costumes are available in the original DMC3, mine is the Special Edition, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom