• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If DMC3 Dante and DmC Dante were in a pun content who would win?

Meg

Oh DmC Dante would win, hands down. He's the Grand Pun Master General of DMC/DmC. Sooooo many of his lines made me cringe with frustration and hatred.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can't believe you all are actually saying the frat boy king of party phrases that is DMC3 Dante would lose in a pun off. For shame all of you, for shame.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Their both terrible, in good way. But i gotta go with DmC on this. DMC3 Dante has more style and grace with his lines, but DmC Dante throws out so many one liners that i lost count. DMC1/DMC4 > everything else though. :laugh:

Solar the rabbit

I can't believe you all are actually saying the frat boy king of party phrases that is DMC3 Dante would lose in a pun off. For shame all of you, for shame.
Both of them are frat boys.
Their both terrible, in good way. But i gotta go with DmC on this. DMC3 Dante has more style and grace with his lines, but DmC Dante throws out so many one liners that i lost count. DMC1/DMC4 > everything else though. :laugh:
Talking about a backup toilet doesn't give you grace. DMC3 Dante doesn't have any grace. Now DMC1-4 Dante...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Talking about a backup toilet doesn't give you grace. DMC3 Dante doesn't have any grace.

Hmmm, except for when he Bruce Lee'd and ****-talked back a ****-talking oversized dog, subdued two overly talkative twin demons into silence after an impressive (see what I did there?) dual blade demonstration, made fun of Vergil's challenge by comparing it to a failed party, or when he shut down Arkham's boasting about his "ultimate form" with his own boasting about his beauty. And of course the Gerion and Doppleganger puns were real. None of that stuff was as crude as DmC Dante's use of swearing and dirty imagery so I can totally see where Ness comes from when he says DMC3 Dante (Dante from any other game in fact, I'd say) has more grace than him. Doesn't rely on vulgarity to make fun of stuff. Of course that use of naughty words makes sense for DmC Dante's character, given his backstory and the kind of more grounded setting they were going for the reboot but that's not the point.

The general theme for both seems to be using their adversaries' recognizable/signature traits and make a joke about them while in a comical situation that calls for it. So for example, DMC3 Dante would intimate the long-winded Agni and Rudra to shut up while he's using them (something that also happens in-game as you do a specific Crazy Combo with those swords by the way), and DmC Dante would tell the anchorman Bob Barbas that "he's fired" as he's... firing his guns at him.
I guess the difference, and the reason why @NessPSI said DmC Dante has less grace is, I think, a pretty obvious one and I mentioned it above, it's because very often he precedes or follows up his jokes with some swearing and/or vulgar remarks, like the infamous "F you" exchange, or the middle finger, etc, or just straight up relies on that vulgarity to make the joke, like "Hey, Succubus! Suck on this!".

All that said though, I gotta give the win to DmC Dante. Cause if we're just talking about puns strictly, he just seems to be able to come up with one with the same ease he swings his sword with, he makes so many of them. So yeah, I say DmC Dante wins for pretty much the same reason Ness said, just the sheer number of them. DmC Dante is just a gatling pun. ...Eh? Eh? Get it? Yeah I know.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd say DMC3 Dante because DmC Dante is prone to mad bursts of cursing after a slew of puns. DMC3 Dante would rather keep the good quips coming instead of resorting to cursing.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Oh DmC Dante would win, hands down. He's the Grand Pun Master General of DMC/DmC. Sooooo many of his lines made me cringe with frustration and hatred.

It depends on what type of pun you're talking about. Is it the bad pun? or a really good pun?
Bad puns make people cringe, a good pun however, they're just too good to pass up a laugh.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
The one pun that is better than all others "flock off feather face"

Top Bottom