• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for Dante's daughter

Ravenash77

Calling his daughter "Eva" would be nice or after the woman who maked dantes guns.
Well that’s why I was thinking Ava as a alternative to Eva. Also Ava means “flight” or “wing” and Lucia’s devil trigger looks like a bird so...yeah

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, for one, I rather it be a son so as to make Dante's words at the end of 1 more prolific. Siblings at the least but son would be my choice if there is to be only one.

Reactions: Meg

Ravenash77

Well, for one, I rather it be a son so as to make Dante's words at the end of 1 more prolific. Siblings at the least but son would be my choice if there is to be only one.
Wouldn’t it be just like Dante to get that wrong. Like the error on Ivory and ebony Hah!

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wouldn’t it be just like Dante to get that wrong. Like the error on Ivory and ebony Hah!
That was intentional and no, not really. People keep wanting Dante to come off as some dumb as bricks tool who is too lazy to tie his own shoes but wasn't always the case, just a recent affectation since Nero is the new lead.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was reading a Constantine comic where he had a scene with a female bouncer.

So I'd make Dante's daughter a tough chick who works as a bouncer as a day job while demon hunting is a side gig.

Another option is someone who works as a stage magician. She can't do much real magic but she incorporates slight of hand and other stage tricks into her MO.

She's smarter and more clever than the other sparda-kin.

Ravenash77

Any other ideas for Dante’s Daughter I’ve created a **** load of designs for her trying to pin down what she would look like. Jumping from, Gutterpunk, to pirate , to gothic rocker. What would be the best way to honour the past Styles but also move forward with the story?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Any other ideas for Dante’s Daughter I’ve created a **** load of designs for her trying to pin down what she would look like. Jumping from, Gutterpunk, to pirate , to gothic rocker. What would be the best way to honour the past Styles but also move forward with the story?
What is gutterpunk by the way?

Hungry Alien

Sorry to spoil your dreams, but it ain't gonna happen.

I join those who think it is a bad idee to give Dante a children. It's unneccesary to the story and contradict Dante's character. The man never showed sign of wanting a relationship with a woman or wanting a children. To make him have a child, it would need to first introduce a solid female character and build her relation with Dante (which would take at least one game), and then have the child grow. For what it give to the story, it's just cringe and unworthy of the time. Plus it would stuck the serie in familial drama, and right now the serie need to choose another direction.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the issue is i don't see why she has to be Dante's Daughter.

Your concept works without bringing him in so if you deadset on it, think about that aspect more.

Ravenash77

I think the issue is i don't see why she has to be Dante's Daughter.

Your concept works without bringing him in so if you deadset on it, think about that aspect more.
I’ve been thinking that a lot too. Honestly I’d like it so that they can neither confirm nor deny she is Dante’s Daughter. Let the players imagine if she is or not. She needs to stand as her own person not ride on the coat tails of her parents.

On that note I’ve been working on my art and have decided on a name.
Ava Redwing

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Ravenash77

Sorry to spoil your dreams, but it ain't gonna happen.

I join those who think it is a bad idee to give Dante a children. It's unneccesary to the story and contradict Dante's character. The man never showed sign of wanting a relationship with a woman or wanting a children. To make him have a child, it would need to first introduce a solid female character and build her relation with Dante (which would take at least one game), and then have the child grow. For what it give to the story, it's just cringe and unworthy of the time. Plus it would stuck the serie in familial drama, and right now the serie need to choose another direction.
Strictly speaking Virgil didn’t need a strong relationship to make a child lol.

Hungry Alien

Strictly speaking Virgil didn’t need a strong relationship to make a child lol.
Well we don't know anything on what happened for Nero's mother unfortunaly. But it worked out for Nero because he wasn't presented as Vergil's son right away, and in the end he turned out to have his own personality before the official reveal of him being Vergil's son. Plus he is similar to Vergil in some way (need someone to love him), but ended up in a better situation than Vergil because of Kyrie (and Dante).

But for Dante, I can't see how to replicate this since he don't have something like Vergil's trauma. So I can't really see the point of giving him a daughter or son. Plus like V's patron said, we can have a new female character without her being Dante's daughter. And finally, having another daughter from the Sons of Sparda would make for more family drama, and we got drama for 5 games now. It's time for the serie to take another path.

So yeah, I don't like the idee of Dante having a daughter.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I saw Dante as a character defined by the loss of his family so Dante trying to build a new one is fine. Its something the series has explored before to varying results.

It would've been a better way to use Patty than the one-note gag she stayed as. I disagree with Hungry Alien about Nero as 4 dropped the ball with him. In 4 he just felt so Dante-lite and too reliant on cliches I just wrote him off.

Rather than risking a third surrogate child for Dante, I rather just move past it and try something else.

@Ravenash77
Ava looks fine but she might be better as Lucia's sister than daughter.

Last edited:

BlackAngel

What if Dante gets a daughter instead of a son? If I were Dante, I have Lucia as his wife.
Yes!!!

Well we don't know anything on what happened for Nero's mother unfortunaly. But it worked out for Nero because he wasn't presented as Vergil's son right away, and in the end he turned out to have his own personality before the official reveal of him being Vergil's son. Plus he is similar to Vergil in some way (need someone to love him), but ended up in a better situation than Vergil because of Kyrie (and Dante).

But for Dante, I can't see how to replicate this since he don't have something like Vergil's trauma. So I can't really see the point of giving him a daughter or son. Plus like V's patron said, we can have a new female character without her being Dante's daughter. And finally, having another daughter from the Sons of Sparda would make for more family drama, and we got drama for 5 games now. It's time for the serie to take another path.

So yeah, I don't like the idee of Dante having a daughter.
Why not? I think it would've been very nice if Dante have a daughter.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@BlackAngel Bro, with the double posting. It's against the rules. Just edit your post. If you're doing it because you want to quote someone else just cut and paste to the edit.

WolfAssassin21

I would love to see Dante having a daughter, I think her name would be Rose and like Dante, she would eat pizza everyday and nothing but strawberry sundaes for desert, and I imagine her as a Caucasian redhead with gorgeous blue eyes, a buxom bosom, carries a sword on her back and twin handguns.

Also, when it comes to the boy's, she would be a flirt and often make them fall for her. And if she had a voice, I'd like to hear Jennifer Hale voice her.

But what kind of Devil Arms would she have?

Top Bottom