• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Idea for DmC 2. (sort of a take on "DMC 3" in the DmC world)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok guys, bear with me but I was just thinking up a possible plot for DmC 2 that would also introduce Arkham in the DmC world making this like my own personal take of DMC 3.
*NOTE: I have not played Vergil's Downfall yet so I am merely making up my own plot from the after the events of the original game. A clean slate to an extent*

Vergil is basically trying to build up his strength after his devastating lost from Dante. He still has the lust for power but now has developed a massive hatred for his brother. He's becoming emotionally distant and more powerful. He's on a war path. Being the tactician he is, he needs to give himself some leverage in the upcoming domination of the world. There he meets Arkham.

My interpretation of Arkham in the DmC world is that he was a scientist/ researcher who was previously human but slowly lost his humanity as he became a demon collaborator and slave to Mundus. The work he did for Mundus is actually what help Mundus secure his victory over the angels. He is partially responsible for how well the demons have been able to successfully rule as this unknown passive aggressive fist.

What makes Arkham different is that Mundus saw Arkham's knowledge as a powerful asset to him so he was more self aware than any other slave. Arkham wouldn't have done such a good job if he would succumb to the zombie like collaborators other humans became in DmC. Mundus being killed frees him from this hold and Arkham also has sinister ulterior motives of course.

But how does my Arkham relate with my interpretation of who Phineas is? Arkham and Phineas were partners. I would make Phineas actually one of Sparda's best friends who Sparda actually saves. Phineas with Sparda's help was able to break way from Mundus and sides of course with the angels to take Mundus out. Sparda falling in love with Eva pretty much has Sparda start up with an alliance with the angels and they conspire to defeat the demons once and for all. Of course the birth of Dante and Vergil happen but I can imagine Sparda and Eva on the front lines waiting for the right time to launch the main attack of this secret war. The demons were winning by actually wiping out the Nephilim race which posed as their biggest threat. Maybe Dante and Vergil's birth were also out of necessity as well as love.

Dante and Vergil would probably have been fated to fight this war all along which is why Sparda made sure to arm his sons with such special weapons like Rebellion and Yamato just in case the very real possibility of their demise were to come true. Sparda and Eva are found and while Eva is killed Mundus imprisons Sparda and Phineas losses an eye in this fight. He is thrown in to the demonic prison forever. He slowly but surely becomes the monster he is today the more he's exposed to the raw demonic energy that is evident in Limbo. This would explain the reason why Arkham also for the most part still looks human and Phineas more so a rat like demon. A curse so to speak and punishment for literally becoming the rat betraying Mundus and his legion. I guess lol.

I think this gives a decent explanation. Phineas and Arkham were humans turned in to demonic slaves that actually help establish why the demons were able to successfully overthrow the angels and are massively responsible for constructing the foundation that help Mundus become the Demon King he was in DmC. Phineas betrays Mundus along with Sparda and suffers the consequences for that.

After Mundus is killed Arkham is free but also is seeking revenge against both sides. He doesn't care about this war because this entire supernatural war ruined his life to the point where he is not even human anymore. He can't go back to his normal life and is angry also because Mundus forced him to kill his wife. He has no idea where his daughter is and assume she is dead as well.

Enters Lady eventually with has a massive hatred for her father thinking he just went crazy and killed her mom. She wants revenge.

Arkham just feels he has nothing left to lose and if he can't ever be the same again then no one will as he is on a simple path of total destruction. He plans to use Vergil to end the war of angels and demons once and for all by simply destroying them all. Vergil sees Arkham as a valuable asset to his personal goal because what better person to help establish a demon throne than the one who helped establish one already.

So there you have it. I set my own personal stage for a follow up to DmC. What do you guys think? I did leave other ideas out but feel free to lay some feedback or any kind of question you may have about my own personal DmC canon. *REMEMBER: This is coming from just the end of DmC. I haven't seen anything on Vergil's Downfall yet because I will play it and see for myself.*

Xamalo Noel

Well it's good, interesting, but I think DmC are already in DMC 3 world, but also in DMC 1 world too, so the next one would be something new.

But still, the Arkham and Phineas thing would be cool, man, Phineas was awesome, I wish that in the next one he'll be a major part in the game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well it's good, interesting, but I think DmC are already in DMC 3 world, but also in DMC 1 world too, so the next one would be something new.

But still, the Arkham and Phineas thing would be cool, man, Phineas was awesome, I wish that in the next one he'll be a major part in the game.
DmC is not related to the previous Devil May Cry lore so it wasn't my intention to copy 3 but basically use the characters and structure in the more contemporary DmC canon. I mainly set up what I think could be a decent reason to bring the inevitable return of Vergil with a foundation of its predecessors. Using things from the previous material is expected in a reboot.

If you ask me though, I gave myself restrictions because I'm sick of seeing Vergil as the bad guy. I personally have my own vision for Devil May Cry with an original villain and story that also quite frankly takes place in a more contemporary Devil May Cry world but using a Dante that is the more so like the Devil May Cry 1 version because I think that was the best. It was some random idea I came up with long before the reboot was even revealed.

I also thought of a pretty sweet crossover with someone I think Dante would click great with to make a badass duo. Dante and Spawn. It was a story that actually sets up a fight between the two and kind of builds into an alliance. I always kind of imagined too Spawn's no nonsense demeanor would be someone that would call Dante out on his stupid sh!t making for a pretty amusing back and forth. Just imagine Spawn meeting Dante, something tells me they would kind of hate each other.

Xamalo Noel

DmC is not related to the previous Devil May Cry lore so it wasn't my intention to copy 3 but basically use the characters and structure in the more contemporary DmC canon. I mainly set up what I think could be a decent reason to bring the inevitable return of Vergil with a foundation of its predecessors. Using things from the previous material is expected in a reboot.

If you ask me though, I gave myself restrictions because I'm sick of seeing Vergil as the bad guy. I personally have my own vision for Devil May Cry with an original villain and story that also quite frankly takes place in a more contemporary Devil May Cry world but using a Dante that is the more so like the Devil May Cry 1 version because I think that was the best. It was some random idea I came up with long before the reboot was even revealed.

I also thought of a pretty sweet crossover with someone I think Dante would click great with to make a badass duo. Dante and Spawn. It was a story that actually sets up a fight between the two and kind of builds into an alliance. I always kind of imagined too Spawn's no nonsense demeanor would be someone that would call Dante out on his stupid sh!t making for a pretty amusing back and forth. Just imagine Spawn meeting Dante, something tells me they would kind of hate each other.

Spawn and Dante?wow, that would be interesting!!

In this DmC I actually was hoping that Vergil didn't turn out as a bad guy, that ould be change of pace, but oh boy in the Vergil Downfall he become even evil than the DMC 3 version, I mean he did not only get a thirst for power, but he beecome so evil that he actually killed his evil side, now that is evil.

I think the next DmC could go for a more(and I know this sound boring, but if it's done right it would be cool) political side, I mean, limbo and the real world just crashed, and Demons are Demons, humans are humans, so, WAR.But of course, the world is not only about these two, but angels too, the angels could treat to destroy everything too rebuilt it after, it would get rid of the demons, but the humans too, so they would need to start again, but of course this is a crazy plan, but, maybe someone is behind that plan, a Demon in a angel skin, Nelo Angelo, Vergil would find his way in there, convince them someway, and while they are busy trying to do things, he would look for power to rule not only the angels, but humans and demons.And of cours, Dante(skywalker....)would lead a rebellion, to protect everything, to leave the humans to take care of themselves, not by some intervention, and that would be it, fight, slash some angels/demons and stuff hile all this is happening.

Sorry for the long text, and...the bad english...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Spawn and Dante?wow, that would be interesting!!

In this DmC I actually was hoping that Vergil didn't turn out as a bad guy, that ould be change of pace, but oh boy in the Vergil Downfall he become even evil than the DMC 3 version, I mean he did not only get a thirst for power, but he beecome so evil that he actually killed his evil side, now that is evil.

I think the next DmC could go for a more(and I know this sound boring, but if it's done right it would be cool) political side, I mean, limbo and the real world just crashed, and Demons are Demons, humans are humans, so, WAR.But of course, the world is not only about these two, but angels too, the angels could treat to destroy everything too rebuilt it after, it would get rid of the demons, but the humans too, so they would need to start again, but of course this is a crazy plan, but, maybe someone is behind that plan, a Demon in a angel skin, Nelo Angelo, Vergil would find his way in there, convince them someway, and while they are busy trying to do things, he would look for power to rule not only the angels, but humans and demons.And of cours, Dante(skywalker....)would lead a rebellion, to protect everything, to leave the humans to take care of themselves, not by some intervention, and that would be it, fight, slash some angels/demons and stuff hile all this is happening.

Sorry for the long text, and...the bad english...
Well I speculated and came up with multiple ideas for sequels to DmC. The demon and angel war can really go all out into for one massive final battle Dante stands on the front lines in. Also a while back I added the possibility of Sparda becoming the main villain. Imagine a broken Sparda who is mentally unstable and hellbent on destruction because of all the years he was tortured imprisoned by Mundus. He carries guilt for failing to save his wife and stuff like that. Insane Sparda could make for a pretty entertaining and interesting villain in the DmC world.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As for Spawn and Dante too it has all my yes. If I could see Dante paired up with anyone that would actually make an interesting team, it would be Spawn. Spawn and Dante are alike yet also different which can make a dysfunctional and badass team.

Top Bottom