• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I want to get a PC that plays games.

Terrutas

No no its just that i've never experienced any problems i just hope your post doesn't ruin my mojo :/ Well let's hear out people in this forum shall we ? :)
You're also part of the forum, It's not that I don't give you any credibility. However you're completely dismissing the fact that there ARE glitches and bugs in their software just because you didn't experience it. You know who else did that?
i didn't find a single glitch in my entire playthrough, and i beat it multiple times -_- and still no glitches, the game isn't broken or full of anymore glitches than the old games -_____________________________-
I'm sorry if it's too much. :(

It's just kind of weird to see it but no worries, it's cool. I'm glad you had a good experience with AMD and I'm sorry I can't say quite the same..

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Okay, Cooler Master tower is really great, correct?
anyone know any other good towers? Or just any tower will do? :l

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
That processor is pretty good, However 8GB of DDR3 seems kind of off to me but for now it'll do nicely so don't mind it (DDR5 is way better though, but you should take price into consideration).

DDR5 isn't a thing yet for slotting into memory channels, hell, DDR4 RAM has only just very recently become a thing and doesn't even appear to be publicly available yet. You're thinking of GDDR5 which is GPU dedicated RAM and as such, can't actually be bought and placed in your mobo's memory channels like DDR3/4 can.
So yeah, 8gb of DDR3 is absolutely fine, you don't really actually need more than that because it just gets to the stage where it's fairly overkill.

I've got 8GB DDR3 in my machine and running games like Arma 3, BF3 etc just about puts me over 60-70% usage, so if you're on a tight budget you could quite easily get away with a lesser amount of RAM, but 8GB is quite a lovely, safe, and more often than not "more than you'll really actually need" amount to have.

Anyway, here's a link that works wonders.

Falcon Guide: Logical Increments

As it suggests, it's a logical increments upgrade guide that provides you with up to date prices on component parts to match your budget, helped me a fair bit when I put my machine together and it also provides numerous guides towards the bottom of the page as to how to go about building your own PC.
I'd really recommend giving it a go, building a PC tends to be quite a fun and enjoyable experience if you're of that mindset, and it's pretty rewarding as well.
Saves you an arm and a leg compared to prebuilts too.

Terrutas

DDR5 isn't a thing yet for slotting into memory channels, hell, DDR4 RAM has only just very recently become a thing and doesn't even appear to be publicly available yet. You're thinking of GDDR5 which is GPU dedicated RAM and as such, can't actually be bought and placed in your mobo's memory channels like DDR3/4 can.
So yeah, 8gb of DDR3 is absolutely fine, you don't really actually need more than that because it just gets to the stage where it's fairly overkill.

I've got 8GB DDR3 in my machine and running games like Arma 3, BF3 etc just about puts me over 60-70% usage, so if you're on a tight budget you could quite easily get away with a lesser amount of RAM, but 8GB is quite a lovely, safe, and more often than not "more than you'll really actually need" amount to have.

As it suggests, it's a logical increments upgrade guide that provides you with up to date prices on component parts to match your budget, helped me a fair bit when I put my machine together and it also provides numerous guides towards the bottom of the page as to how to go about building your own PC.
I'd really recommend giving it a go, building a PC tends to be quite a fun and enjoyable experience if you're of that mindset, and it's pretty rewarding as well.
Thank you very much, I was not aware of that.

But yeah, I use 8GB of DDR3 as well, no complaints whatsoever. I just thought it's really old since my PC is like from near the end of 2009.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star

You have no idea how much I needed that.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Okay, Cooler Master tower is really great, correct?
anyone know any other good towers? Or just any tower will do? :l
I've got a Cooler Master HAF whatever the hell it is...it's freaking huge though. It can depend what you want to do with your rig, really. If you want to pimp it out with all sorts of lights, cooling, gerbils or whatever the hell makes those things work then you might want to get a nice big tower. If you just want the darn thing to work then something smaller may well suffice.

I've got a bajillion fans in mine, 6 drive slots (I use, like, 2 of them) and a whole host of other things I don't need (yet) but I do have the room for improvement with them. It all depends how much you want to spend and what you want to get out of using your rig. Other than the ability to not have to wind it up at the front to get it working every day...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
That looks similar to the rig my hubby bought recently.
i5 2500k 3.3/3.8mhz 8gig ram upgraded to gigabyte 670oc GPU, xonar essence stx sound card, and then he rambled on about upgrading it to an i7?

I have no bloomin clue what any of that means. Me and numbers and computer jargon are like water and oil, we don't blend EVAR. My brain don't work that way. All I can contribute is get the best gaming mouse currently out on the market. My hubby had one, started playing BF3, sucked bad. I got him the latest game mouse model out on the shelves, now he's acing with something ridiculous like 25 kills and 10 deaths. It's worth forking out the cash.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I've got a Cooler Master HAF whatever the hell it is...it's freaking huge though. It can depend what you want to do with your rig, really. If you want to pimp it out with all sorts of lights, cooling, gerbils or whatever the hell makes those things work then you might want to get a nice big tower
LOL now i suddenly want Neon lights and vents on my Pc

Top Bottom