• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I want to get a PC that plays games.

I can't afford this right now and the time limit doesn't bother me because this person always puts it back up on Ebay anyway.

http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/230726481846?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes

But.. What do you think? I'm not Tech savvy I don't know what most of those numbers and letters mean. I know what RAM is and what a CPU is and such. I just want to play Sonic Generations and Devil May Cry 4.

I'd build my own PC, thing is I don't know how. People say it's like LEGO but **** LEGO. Ever stepped on it barefoot? Not very nice. It's evil.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Steve built both mine and his, so I can ask him to drop by when he's finished finalizing Sage Mears' interview for posting?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
My PC was a simple $1000 PC I bought last year, I bought a EVGA 660Ti Graphics Card for it and it can now run games like Borderlands 2 and Batman Arkham City at maximum settings plus the PhysX no problem at all. Building your PC is no easy task, but you can give it to some PC techs and they'll install it all no problem.

Terrutas

That processor is pretty good, However 8GB of DDR3 seems kind of off to me but for now it'll do nicely so don't mind it (DDR5 is way better though, but you should take price into consideration).

As for motherboard, from personal experience I really recommend the GIGABYTE brand. They have really good software and drivers and are generally the best from community feedback.

You can never go wrong with a Cooler Master case.

And the rest seems fine, I suppose.

as for a GPU(Graphics Processing Unit) You should generally get nVidia because AMD/ATI usually have bad drivers (experienced it, I am NOT happy to have bought one).

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
To me, the hard part is finding the correct parts to build a PC.
I can build a PC for a mere 650 USD, that's cheaper than most pre-built computers and it runs way better.
I wouldn't say building one is like lego, it's more like MEGABLOKS.
Although they still hurt when you step on them.
Or just do as Wesker said above. :)
Oh and Cooler Master is the way to go.

Terrutas

My PC was a simple $1000 PC I bought last year, I bought a EVGA 660Ti Graphics Card for it and it can now run games like Borderlands 2 and Batman Arkham City at maximum settings plus the PhysX no problem at all. Building your PC is no easy task, but you can give it to some PC techs and they'll install it all no problem.
I don't really trust PC techs. They usually order you parts that are sufficient but also much more profitable to them than it is to you. I'm not saying they're all scams, but most of them are and with a little help from Google, you could probably build a pretty good gaming PC. I've done it, so can anyone else.

That processor is pretty good, However 8GB of DDR3 seems kind of off to me but for now it'll do nicely so don't mind it (DDR5 is way better though, but you should take price into consideration).

As for motherboard, from personal experience I really recommend the GIGABYTE brand. They have really good software and drivers and are generally the best from community feedback.

You can never go wrong with a Cooler Master case.

And the rest seems fine, I suppose.

as for a GPU(Graphics Processing Unit) You should generally get nVidia because AMD/ATI usually have bad drivers (experienced it, I am NOT happy to have bought one).

Hm. Now this post worries me because if I got my own parts I'd probably get the wrong driver that doesn't fit in whatever slot.
I was thinking of getting Alienware but then I realized you are just paying for the brand name.

Terrutas

Hm. Now this post worries me because if I got my own parts I'd probably get the wrong driver that doesn't fit in whatever slot..
Well, that mostly never happens. Stuff usually comes with a CD or a manual linking you to the website that usually has a software which detects what kind of hardware you have and downloads drivers accordingly. But just use Google if you have problems. :p I'm sure if you'll type in the hardware name which can be found in the System menu with the word driver you'll have no problems at all :)
I was thinking of getting Alienware but then I realized you are just paying for the brand name.
Exactly, Stay the hell away from those. It's all bullshit and is mostly gimmicks.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
My personal experience says Otherwise .. i'd suggest NOT to use nVidia it wears out in like 3 years and worst off all they cost 20% more than AMD/ATI cards which is way better IMO

Idk what driver problem you're talking about but you can download any driver you want in their website

compare any ATI/AMD card with Nvidia card in the same price range AMD cards always have the edge and if it wasn't for physx and stuff they incorporate into games Nvdia is just overpriced Cr@p
Hm. Now this post worries me because if I got my own parts I'd probably get the wrong driver that doesn't fit in whatever slot.

You don't need an I7 for gaming and besides my suggestion is either buy an assembled model from a trusted brand or Build one yourself its really cheap (I got my Raw components assembled in a shop)

> Get 4 GB ram
> Get a of PSU 500 watts or more
> Get any Quadcore 3.5 Ghz Processor (I.E I5 2500k)
> Get a GPU AMD Radeon HD 68xx/69xx series or Nvdia GTX 5xx 6xx series
> Get a good chassis and some PC coolant

And you're ready to play any HD game all you need to do is assemble all that stuff XD its not that hard i got everything under 500$ budget :D

Martius

SSSmokin!
I don't really trust PC techs. They usually order you parts that are sufficient but also much more profitable to them than it is to you. I'm not saying they're all scams, but most of them are and with a little help from Google, you could probably build a pretty good gaming PC. I've done it, so can anyone else.
Yeah, i build my first pc last year. Despite doing it first time it was not hard with some guide, just time consuming. There are a lot of sites or forums where expert could help with choosing good parts.

Terrutas

My personal experience says Otherwise .. i'd suggest NOT to use nVidia it wears out in like 3 years and worst off all they cost 20% more than AMD/ATI cards which is way better IMO

Idk what driver problem you're talking about but you can download any driver you want in their website

compare any ATI/AMD card with Nvidia card in the same price range AMD cards always have the edge if it wasn't for physx and stuff they incorporate into games Nvdia is just overpriced Cr@p

You don't need an I7 for gaming and besides my suggestion is either buy an assembled model from a trusted brand or Build one yourself its really cheap (I got my Raw components assembled in a shop)

> Get 4 GB ram
> Get a of PSU 500 watts or more
> Get any Quadcore 3.5 Ghz Processor (I.E I5 2500k)
> Get a GPU AMD Radeon HD 68xx/69xx series or Nvdia GTX 5xx 6xx series
> Get a good chassis and some PC coolant

And you're ready to play any HD game all you need to do is assemble all that stuff XD its not that hard i got everything under 500$ budget :D
I like how you assume I don't download drivers. :)

I also like how you contradict yourself(bold text)

And yeah, no. If you never had any sort of bug with ATI/AMD's drivers you're either really really lucky or just straight up lying. Because if I type in "AMD GPU bugs" In google I get http://puu.sh/2oTbD/b96e523245 And If I type nVidia gpu bugs I get http://puu.sh/2oTbf/8f89515d1b
Keep in mind I'm leaving the ATI brand out.

And today, if you get 4GB ram of DDR3, you can't record or stream with Fraps at a stable FPS because it's very insufficient.
Also Nvidia's GTX 6xx series isn't a whole lot better than the 5xx. Just saying.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I like how you assume I don't download drivers. :)

And yeah, no. If you never had any sort of bug with ATI/AMD's drivers you're either really really lucky or just straight up lying. Because if I type in "AMD GPU bugs" In google I get http://puu.sh/2oTbD/b96e523245 And If I type nVidia gpu bugs I get http://puu.sh/2oTbf/8f89515d1b
Keep in mind I'm leaving the ATI brand out.
And today, if you get 4GB ram of DDR3, you can't record or stream with Fraps at a stable FPS because it's very insufficient.
Also Nvidia's GTX 6xx series isn't a whole lot better than the 5xx. Just saying.

4gb is more than enough for playing the games and you can extend RAM anytime so buying 4Gb stock RAM should suffix

I did not contradict myself at all

"Amd has the Edge in the same price range and IF it wasn't for Physx and other stuff Nvdia is just overpriced Cr@p" (what's wrong here ?)

and i don't assume anything i have AMD 6870 for 2 years now i never had ANY "bugs" you're claiming right now so its most likely that its only a problem with older AMD cards so yeah

Personal experience >>>> Hypothesis I don't care about google or foogle i have an AMD card for 2 years and it works like a charm !

Terrutas

4gb is more than enough for playing the games and you can extend RAM anytime so buying 4Gb stock RAM should suffix

I did not contradict myself at all

"Amd has the Edge in the same price range and IF it wasn't for Physx and other stuff Nvdia is just overpriced Cr@p" (what's wrong here ?)

and i don't assume anything i have AMD 6870 for 2 years now i never had ANY "bugs" you're claiming right now so its most likely that its only a problem with older AMD cards so yeah

Personal experience >>>> Hypothesis I don't care about google or foogle i have an AMD card for 2 years and it works like a charm !
I never said 4GB ram isn't sufficient to play games, I said it's not sufficient for playing games while recording or streaming.

And yes you did, you just edited it out though so it's cool.

And by linking me to a download page, you obviously assume I need to download something. So yes, you did assume.

And ofcourse you don't care about evidence because it contradicts your opinion! :)

You're right about one thing though, you don't need an i7 for gaming but if you can afford it you definitely should get it. But i5 would do just fine as well, we can't know for how long though.

And one more thing. "Personal experience >>>> Hypothesis" So you mean "Subjective>Objective"? I highly doubt that.
Like who told you that ? -_-
-_______-

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Like who told you that ? -_-
Dude
>Personal Experience.
I have an 8GB ram in my LAPTOP. and it has a pain in the ass time still...mostly because it's a laptop, but still runs games fine.
My poor, poor friend's ram is 4GB and jesus christ you should see how it plays.
I'll give you a hint, it's horrible.
He and I have the same games
Just Cause 2
BF3
etc.
I can run Just Cause 2 on High really well.
He has a hard time running it on very low settings, to a point where it glitches, and FPS drops to 10.
Now we upgraded his RAM to 8GB...and what's that? A MIRACLE! :D IT RUNS THINGS JUST FINE FOR HIM <3

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
>Personal Experience.
I have an 8GB ram in my LAPTOP. and it has a pain in the ass time still...mostly because it's a laptop, but still runs games fine.
My poor, poor friend's ram is 4GB and jesus christ you should see how it plays.
He has a hard time running it on very low settings, to a point where it glitches, and FPS drops to 10.
Now we upgraded his RAM to 8GB...and what's that? A MIRACLE! :D IT RUNS THINGS JUST FINE FOR HIM <3
I must be running on magic or something >_> because 4GB ram works great with my 1360 x 768 Monitor
I never said 4GB ram isn't sufficient to play games, I said it's not sufficient for playing games while recording or streaming.
And i never said that you should never upgrade to 8GB either
And yes you did, you just edited it out though so it's cool
yeah cus' typos are important points which begs to be mentioned
And by linking me to a download page, you obviously assume I need to download something. So yes, you did assume
Stop assuming everything out of context

it was a genuine reply to this "AMD/ATI usually have bad drivers"(This is prejudice btw)
And of course you don't care about evidence because it contradicts your opinion!
Oh yes of course the very PC i'm using is not considered as an evidence but some stupid B.S on the internet is !
You're right about one thing though
where was i wrong anyway ?

Terrutas

it was a genuine reply to this "AMD/ATI usually have bad drivers"?
If it was, I can't help but laugh at you. It's as if you think the drivers have no flaws in them and that if I'm complaining about them then I must not be using them at all. Otherwise, why would I need to download them? Are you for real?

Oh yes of course the very PC i'm using is not considered as an evidence but some stupid B.S in the internet is !
For someone who said that Subjective>Objective, I really doubt you can call what I said bullshit. And by the way, Google showed you an experience of 4 million people using nvidia near 5 million who use AMD. So if you really value personal experience that much you're just denying it for your own good.

where was i wrong anyway ?
Nowehere, people like you are never wrong. :)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If it was, I can't help but laugh at you. It's as if you think the drivers have no flaws in them and that if I'm complaining about them then I must not be using them at all. Otherwise, why would I need to download them? Are you for real?
No no its just that i've never experienced any problems i just hope your post doesn't ruin my mojo :/
For someone who said that Subjective>Objective, I really doubt you can call what I said bullshit. And by the way, Google showed you an experience of 4 million people using nvidia near 5 million who use AMD. So if you really value personal experience that much you're just denying it for your own good.
Well let's hear out people in this forum shall we ? :)

Top Bottom