• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

i think dmc5 should explain how dante goes from sarcastic to silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
its just really bugs me i mean dante is awesome wise cracking and arrogant something big must've happen between dmc4 and 2 mabye Trish dies that would explain her absence in dmc2 mabye somthing else maybe it was a preview of vergil for dmc3 i really dont know

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
I agree that there must be something big because dmc2 dante is way too different from others.there is an amazing characteristic difference between dmc4 dante and dmc2 dante.If that switch is gonna happen in fifth game,we may gonna play the darkest dmc ever...

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
yes it would probably bee the darkest one and i think that his personality in 1 was the best i hope that he can be serious and wise cracking at the same time

Meg

I honestly think his personality in 2 was just a mistake and that there really wasn't a reason for it other than being to lazy to write good dialogue. However, in order to explain it I say Dante relives his mother's death in some form and almost dies in the process. Like he gets beat up by a really powerful demon causing him to realize he's not as strong as he thought.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
For some reason I maintain the belief that Capcom is content to pretend DMC2 never happened and doesn't exist and DMC4 is for all intents and purposes a true sequel. If they ever come out and admit as much, I wouldn't be surprised, I mean.

Still - if that's not the case, and they do intend on re-releasing DMC2 with an updated story/graphics and what have you at some point(though here's hoping they give the re-release attention to DMC 1 first...) then I agree completely. I can imagine several things that could of done this to him. Especially with the introduction of Nero. (I dunno, I sensed a sort of mentor thing forming there somehow.)

I'd be curious to see what they come up with.

But I won't hold my breath. ^^;

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Kittn;271466 said:
Still - if that's not the case, and they do intend on re-releasing DMC2 with an updated story/graphics and what have you at some point(though here's hoping they give the re-release attention to DMC 1 first...) then I agree completely. I can imagine several things that could of done this to him. Especially with the introduction of Nero. (I dunno, I sensed a sort of mentor thing forming there somehow.)

if they do rerelease dmc2 they will probably change all the cutscenes to give dante his dmc4 personality ( or maybe his dmc1 personality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom