• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I returned to this game after playing DmC

The Final Offer

And honestly i think it sucks now.

Controls feels sluggish and clunky.
The style system feels limiting.
The camera is always in the way.
I hate how you can only use two weapons at time

DmC spoiled me :(

You just listed the problems I faced when I first played DMC 3.

There's a little game out there that I sought depth in. When I found it, I considered myself a gamer. This game is Capcom's Spawn in the Demon's Hand. Yes, that arcade game had style switching in it. It may have been clunky and not really intended for my style of gameplay, but I found it. So, I feel your pain to some degree.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
There are only two times I found that DMC3 felt "clunky" (for lack of a better word, since I'm not sure I feel it quite the way you do, OP)

1) The very first time I played it, in which I quickly got over it.

2) Any time I play it after a prolonged period of not playing it-in which I re-acquaint myself with the controls.

I will admit there are times it feels kind of stiff (for me it's because I got so used to the fluidity of movement in DMC4-and yes, I'm talking about both Nero and Dante's moves), but once I get back into the groove of things, it's probably by far one of the best games I've played in a long time.

(I'm a pretty selective gamer; there are only a handful of games that I get replay value out of; most others I'm done after a single run-through).

All in all, to each their own. Play whatever you prefer; if DmC feels better to you and you enjoy it more, go for it. :)

Rolanthas

It is a bit jarring to return to if you played DmC for a long stretch of time. You just need to readjust a bit. Movement and timing is just way more forgiving in DmC.

But with a bit of reacquaintance, it all flows perfectly. DMC 3 is still the pinnacle of the series for me. I just recently turned back to it, and I still find it very hard to tear myself away from to more recent action games.

Totally my opinion though, would respect anyone that prefers 1-4-DmC over it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i love playing 3 its badass and still rocks artemis rebellion and nevan with swordmaster and you can have so much fun it is my favorite of them all as an all rounder but dmc4 is my favorite combat wise and the reboot is badass too i play dmc4 and dmc3 frequently even weekly at times i love the nostalgia of dmc3 brings back memories of what i was doing in my life when it came out

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I played DMC 3 for a bit but I gave up because I still haven't fulfilled my goals on DMC 4. That, and I couldn't find where to customize controls - I'm used to DMC 4 control layout so I tend to have problems with using sword when I want to use gun and vice versa.

Top Bottom