• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Require Assistance

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
A few of you know that I'm working on a commercial for a class of mine, and I'm using Adobe Flash. However, when I try to import sprites into flash, they always have a white border around them and it makes the background unusable. So should I try to find a way around this border or just get rid of the background? Because I'm honestly unsure.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I don't know for sure, but you need to try and set the transparent colour to be white. You can do this in Microsoft Word, but I don't know if you can copy it from there into flash.

Hopefully that will work, or someone else can give you a more useful tip.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
You could always eliminate the background if nothing else works but my first option is google it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've uh... Kinda given up. Google didn't help much, and though I managed to get rid of the stupid white border, it just... Bleh. This commercial is draining me far too much and I don't understand the program enough, what with the extremely minimal teaching they gave my class. They basically threw me the program and expected me to know how to work it.

Meg

I think I might have a solution, but I need to know more about the software. Tell me exactly how you use Adobe Flash. Assuming I'm thinking of the right thing I can help you.

Meg

Just the basics! PLEASE! I've an idea, but I'm not sure if it will work with Flash because I've never really used it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just looked up how to use it. OK! The pics you are importing to Flash, do they have any backgrounds on them? Even white ones.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
To tell you the truth, if you'd looked at my above post, I'd solved that problem. It's just that the motion tweens are ticking me off, now. I'm trying to get one of the characters to shudder, and it's not working quite right. And I don't have the file on this computer, so I can't show it to you.

Meg

To tell you the truth, if you'd looked at my above post, I'd solved that problem. It's just that the motion tweens are ticking me off, now. I'm trying to get one of the characters to shudder, and it's not working quite right. And I don't have the file on this computer, so I can't show it to you.

Sorry. :/

Top Bottom