• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I need Controller help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Okay.
So, I'm using a PS2 controller with a conversion cable to play Special Edtiton on PC.

Trouble is, the controller isn't working properly.

Movement is on the right analogue stick, but if i move the stick forwards Dante goes in the opposite direction.

I used my brain to alter the cheat to unlock Vergil, but the movement is peeing me off.

Is there anyway to alter the directions/movement and which stick is used?

Thankies
VB

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Which version of DMC3 PC Are you using? I have the steam version which allows you to launch a controller configuration that lets you pick which buttons are which. And also has a reverse setting for the analogs.

I'm not sure how it works with the boxed retail though.
You could also try configuring it with the windows controller options if you haven't already.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I actually bought the S.E on pc myself yesterday and while i was looking round trying to sort out my problems i remembered seeing this post:

"Thanks guys. I sorted it using Controlmk, a piece of software that allows you to change your pad settings, get it here : http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/ Set it up like this:

X Axis- to VK_A
X Axis+ to VK_D
Y Axis- to VK_W
Y Axis+ to VK_S "

not sure if that will work as it wasn't one of the problems i was having but hopefully it will, im using a 360 pad mapped with xpadder which might help with your ps2 controller, the xpadder program really has been useful for me i hope it helps and another thing is how does yours run i was having a great time with framrate untill i removed the music files :)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
The graphics flicker a lot. But i put that down to not having a very good graphics card.

I've got the white label box version.
(At least i think thats what its called)

The conversion cable that i am using came with my Resi Evil chainsaw controller.

I'll give redcl0ud. com a try and post back.
Thanks

EDIT: I must be a right n00b when it comes to this stuff, but i can't get controllermk working at all.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
dont you just love it that nothing can be simple with computers ill have a little look at it later see if i can work out anything, if not ill have a search round for another solution im sure there will be something about i cant imagine how annoying it is to play with the right analog stick

EDIT:had a look... what a bad program lol did you try xpadder you should be able to find it on google, only problem is if it doesnt load you have to

right click then troubleshoot compatability,

from there it will just load then click on the second one(manual troubleshoot or something)

then worked on previous versions

and finally pick windows vista(like i said don't you love pcs!)

if you can get that up and running and it picks up your controller its quite easy, it will ask to move the sticks and press the buttons then you map the keyboard buttons of the game to where you want them, like wasd for forwards,left etc hope that works sorry its a bit confusing

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I know what you mean. I tried adding a mod to dmc3se earlier... sheesh, i wish i hadn't bothered.

I must admit, I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to computers. Plus, the laptop I'm using i'm still kinda getting used to.

Fun, thanks i'll give it a try and report back.

EDIT: WOWIE.
YEAH! They can run in a straight line in the right direction.
Used Xpadder, manually mapped out buttons, THEN figured out how to set WASD.
When i kinda think about it, it was easy.

Thanks for all the help.
:D
VB

Stileto

Vongola Boss
Vergil'sB*tch;272682 said:
I know what you mean. I tried adding a mod to dmc3se earlier... sheesh, i wish i hadn't bothered.

I must admit, I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to computers. Plus, the laptop I'm using i'm still kinda getting used to.

Fun, thanks i'll give it a try and report back.

EDIT: WOWIE.
YEAH! They can run in a straight line in the right direction.
Used Xpadder, manually mapped out buttons, THEN figured out how to set WASD.
When i kinda think about it, it was easy.

Thanks for all the help.
:D
VB

can you tell me how u set the WASD? cause i got the same problem with the gamepad i download Xpadder too but i dont realy understand it:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom