• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I have to write a paper! :)

Meg

Hello!

I have to write an informative paper for my editing class. Since the emphasis is editing (grammar and concrit) we can write about whatever we want. So I'm writing about the relationship between gamers and the companies that make and publish games. I want to talk about EA's Origin as well as DmC, but I'm not sure what else. I want at least one more thing to talk about. Maybe DLC? I'm not sure, so any ideas please post them. Thank you!

-Meg

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Square Enix is actually a merger between Squaresoft and Enix, two early game producers that separately, made a lot of games for the nintendo and super nintendo.

You have the Sega origins.

Or if you want, you can even write about the technological advances of different consoles over the years.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
You can also talk about how games can influence peoples lives as well, and how they can be a personal building block. They have come far from the mighty pong...

Meg

Well, Nintendo's origins are pretty funny. They used to be a card company.
Square Enix is actually a merger between Squaresoft and Enix, two early game producers that separately, made a lot of games for the nintendo and super nintendo.

You have the Sega origins.

Or if you want, you can even write about the technological advances of different consoles over the years.
*headdesk* XDD
Pay attention to capital letters people. I said I want to talk about gamers' and companies relationships, what does a companies beginnings have to do with that? :p

By Origin I meant this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_(digital_distribution_platform)#Sharing_Of_Personal_Information
Scroll down to the bottom where it talks about sharing user info.

This article gives a little more detail;
http://www.gamesradar.com/ea-tries-...fails-more-spectacularly-ever-justify-origin/

aka958

Don't trust people
Square Enix is actually a merger between Squaresoft and Enix, two early

If I'm correct then Squaresoft is a merger of two companies as well.
Enix made Terranigma and games like that. They are a good company imo.

Nintendo was publishers of a card game long time ago. No news and not really funny imo. <.<
Enough of the off-topicness though.

Chaos Raiden gives two really great ideas. I like the infamous one, but that might relate to some parts about the DmC one.
And Activision, I hate it and I don't even know why... so maybe I should read. <.<

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Gamers and people's relationships? Hmm, perhaps you could talk about fan influence of video games and how feedback from fans can help improve a game for its sequel. I doubt this would get you much though. I vouch for Chaos Raiden's and everyone else's ideas in here, for my brain refuses to work ever since I got off of school lol. :D Sorry.

EDIT:

Or maybe focus on how Gabe Newell of Valve believes that offering great customer service to their fanbase can help improve sales on both the consoles and mainly the PC. If I think of something else, I'll be sure to add it.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Well, you have the whole Capcom DmC reboot issue. It's something you can write live about because it's happening as we speak. Capcom has certainly been made aware of fan dislike about the reboot, and met halfway on some concessions. There's all sorts of stuff on the gaming news sites and around the internet regarding this.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
you could mention that Square Enix listened to the complaints about Final Fantasy XIII and made alot of changes in XIII-2 based on those complaints.

Meg

you could mention that Square Enix listened to the complaints about Final Fantasy XIII and made alot of changes in XIII-2 based on those complaints.
I'd rather not talk about SE because it would quickly turn into a hate filled rant of hellfire and rage.

Meg

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading my paper once I've finished it? :)

Top Bottom