• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Have A DIlemma

What Should Stylish Nero Do?

• Watch it Subbed NOW!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The last Dubbed episodes should be coming soon so wait for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch other anime to keep your mind off of it

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm currently watching Hellsing Ultimate and LOVING IT but in English Dub because ACCENTS FOR THE MUTHAF*CKIN WIN!!!

But the problem is the fact that Funi hasn't released all 10 episodes and I stopped at episode 8 and is now considering watching the rest in subbed.

However, the issue is that I spent so much time watching it in dub not only did I get so used to it but I prefer it over the Japanese version and COME ON....Crispin Freeman as Alucard.....Joji Nakata may do a great job but seriously Crispin Freeman.

So yeah I would love to watch a series and end it how I started watching it. Plus I prefer dubs unless its really bad (Sword Art Online) or if is new and it isn't dubbed yet (Danganronpa and Attack on Titan) than I'll prefer subbed.

I could watch it to see how it ends cause episode 8 had me wanting more. I could watch it subbed and later watch it dubbed when its dubbed like I use to do for Naruto and Bleach and to an extent Fairy Tail (well I stopped watching anime at episode 30 in Japanese and opted to read the manga instead and is currently watching the dub and past where I left off of) but it won't feel the same but I could watch it with friends.

This is a rather tough decision.

I guess I'll ponder it over while finishing up SOA and getting into Tiger & Bunny.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If you really like it dubbed, then stick with that unless they will never ever give you the remaining episodes as a dub. Consdering Funi usually make an announcement when they license these, maybe they are taking their time as they have already licensed up to episode 8.

I'd say get into another anime and hope the final 2 OVAs are dubbed. Good choice with Tiger & Bunny btw. I really liked it as a dub and in the original Japanese. It's certainly an interesting concept for an anime, and I do love Kotetsu as a character. Bunny was a bit of an ass for me until he matured over the series. :tongue:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If you really like it dubbed, then stick with that unless they will never ever give you the remaining episodes as a dub. Consdering Funi usually make an announcement when they license these, maybe they are taking their time as they have already licensed up to episode 8.

I'd say get into another anime and hope the final 2 OVAs are dubbed. Good choice with Tiger & Bunny btw. I really liked it as a dub and in the original Japanese. It's certainly an interesting concept for an anime, and I do love Kotetsu as a character. Bunny was a bit of an ass for me until he matured over the series. :tongue:

Yeah the last episodes were (which was episode 8) was dubbed last year so I don't know why its taking so long but considering some gaps took 2 to 3 years long to show off any new dubs I shouldn't be surprised.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah the last episodes were (which was episode 8) was dubbed last year so I don't know why its taking so long but considering some gaps took 2 to 3 years long to show off any new dubs I shouldn't be surprised.
Yep, they can take a looong time acquiring those licenses. Black Butler took long enough, but it was worth the wait. One of the only English dubs that I really enjoy...that and Hetalia and Panty & Stocking.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yep, they can take a looong time acquiring those licenses. Black Butler took long enough, but it was worth the wait. One of the only English dubs that I really enjoy...that and Hetalia and Panty & Stocking.

OHHHH I LOVED PANTY & STOCKING!!!

Recently finished it too.

I usually love Gainax's works even if I did find Gurren Lagann a bit overrated. It was a great show but not as GODLY AMAZING everyone says it is. I'm still excited for Kill La Kill though moreso than Gurren Lagann maybe because I'm not a fan of mecha animes unless it has good story and after watching Gundam 00 and Code Geass I can never look at mecha anime in the eyes again since those series IMO were so great despite some of Code Geass R2 flaws.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
OHHHH I LOVED PANTY & STOCKING!!!

Recently finished it too.

I usually love Gainax's works even if I did find Gurren Lagann a bit overrated. It was a great show but not as GODLY AMAZING everyone says it is. I'm still excited for Kill La Kill though moreso than Gurren Lagann maybe because I'm not a fan of mecha animes unless it has good story and after watching Gundam 00 and Code Geass I can never look at mecha anime in the eyes again since those series IMO were so great despite some of Code Geass R2 flaws.
I think Panty & Stocking actually had an English dub ruder than the Japanese one:laugh: I couldn't belive some of the stuff they were getting away with saying on that. :tongue:

Got to agree, Gainax do a good job with that kind of thing. I like most of the dubs they do, and they do seem to get good English VAs to match the Japanese ones.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think Panty & Stocking actually had an English dub ruder than the Japanese one:laugh: I couldn't belive some of the stuff they were getting away with saying on that. :tongue:

Got to agree, Gainax do a good job with that kind of thing. I like most of the dubs they do, and they do seem to get good English VAs to match the Japanese ones.

Hmm..Gainax is the animation studio that makes the shows as well as hire the Japanese VAs where as I assume Stars or Bandai localized and dubbed it....well Funimation localized and dubbed Panty & Stocking.

As for the dialogue for P&S English dub its expected it is Funimation after all.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I think Panty and Stocking had some improv. Like Shin Chan.

I f#cking LOVE Shin Chan. That show is freaking hysterical and is legitimately funnier dubbed.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As for Hellsing, TFS Hellsing Ultimate Abridged > Hellsing Ultimate period.

How do you think I feel? You're impatient because there's only 10 episodes done but, the 4th episode of the abridged series came out like a week ago. After like a year of waiting.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

How do you think I feel? You're impatient because there's only 10 episodes done but, the 4th episode of the abridged series came out like a week ago. After like a year of waiting.

Yeah I got into Hellsing or at least Ultimate due to the Abridged.

I really wouldn't compare a parody series, which is just an alteration and editing of the original work, to the original series. It makes no sense.

That is your OWN personal liking. I don't care really.

Also, the series is done I'm just waiting for the last 2 episodes to get dubbed or I could watch it subbed like everybody else.

As for the abridged, Takahata101 only does yearly releases for TFS Hellsing Ultimate Abridged so good luck waiting another whole year for episode 5 and then another year for episode 6 and another year for episode 7 and another year and another year.

Unless he changes his policy yeah TFS won't be getting done anytime soon.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Of course it makes sense. If the original was just better then I wouldn't say a parody is actually worth watching more.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.

I still can't wait for ita subbed version for I don't get a word they are saying in the Abridged.... :'(

However, StylishNero, it all depends on what you feel is more important: I for myself am too curious for my own sake, I just want to know what happens next, so I go at every chance possible to go on with the story. I shifted from Italian to Japanese after episode 4, and I got little problems adapting to the change. Though that might be because the Ita version had no accents whatsoever -and that quite spoiled the fun. I discovered accents only after I decided to watch it in Eng, and it's by far my favorite version.
However, if you are not as crazed as I am with Hellsing, have other things to keep yourself occupied with, and find the change annoying, I suggest you wait for the Eng version to be released.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Of course it makes sense. If the original was just better then I wouldn't say a parody is actually worth watching more.

A parody and the original series, which usually isn't a comedy, don't have the same goal when it comes to the viewership.

You can prefer the parody more but there is no quantitative measurement of the two series when one is just a comedic version of the original.

Its like comparing a horror to an action or a comedy to a drama. They're not the same. A shooter to a platformer.

You can only compare it to how both achieve their goals separately/individually as part of their medium. If show A is a really good comedy and show B is a really good horror show.

If the parody was a parody of a parody/comedy than its the same since both offer the same goals within the medium they're presented.

Like saying the Abridged version of the Simpsons or the Abridged version of I guess a comedic anime or any series with a strong sense of humor (romantic comedy, action-comedy, etc) than it makes more sense.

Hellsing Ultimate doesn't try to be funny (well in a few cases but is so quick and insignificant) and is mostly serious and dark while the Abridge is pure comedy making fun of the show and the elements that the show presents. The only thing they have common is the same story and the action which is basically the same.

I personally enjoy both equally but for different reasons and its for those reasons are why both were made.

And OH PLEASE get over the notion that your opinion/personally preference = FACT. Just because you enjoy something more it doesn't make it better or enjoy something less doesn't make it worst. You just enjoy it more/less therefor a preference.

2d4b926e148ec328fad69e3421403c90ff696ce1b0e72576a07a372156c75f3c.jpg

Top Bottom