• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I has a Mac question

Meg

Please tell me someone can help! :(

I had GIMP, the free to download verison of Photoshop, on my laptop. Well, then my laptop broke and the Apple Store lied and replaced the hard drive after saying they only had to replace one thing (not the hard drive) So basically I lost everything including GIMP. :( I went to try and redownload GIMP from their website. It downloads correctly and I install it fine, but then when I try to open it it asks me "Where is X11?" I poked around online and according to several websites, my Mac should already have X11 on it. Sooo.....? What do I do? @.@ Is there another place to download X11? I looked but couldn't find it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I dont know much about Macs but can download X11 here. Apparently its not installed by default but if you already have it the files can be found /Applications/Utilities/X11.app.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My first ever two Mac questions:

"How do I turn it off?" and "the disc goes where?"

I doubt I can be of much help.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

Ok, so my home computer and my laptop are both the same exact version of Mac. (They are both Version 10.6.8.) My home computer has X11 already on it, so I saved it to my flash drive. I'll try uploading it to my laptop that way...

Thanks for your help anyway, Mr. Drakan! I'll update after I see if it works and if so the thread can be locked if you like. :)

EDIT: Nope. -_-

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ok, so my home computer and my laptop are both the same exact version of Mac. (They are both Version 10.6.8.) My home computer has X11 already on it, so I saved it to my flash drive. I'll try uploading it to my laptop that way...

Thanks for your help anyway, Mr. Drakan! I'll update after I see if it works and if so the thread can be locked if you like. :)

EDIT: Nope. -_-

Can you get it here?

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I really don't know whats the problem , and I don't know whats x11 , my brother told me that it's a necessary , it's like explorer in windows and it's part of Finder.
so if you have backup for your data I suggest entering time machine then restore your backed up data but you'll have to erase and format the hard drive before doing that.
TIP : backup your data with time machine from time to time cuz you don't konw what happens in the future ;)

Top Bottom