• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I got a PS3 what do I do now?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
My PS3 that I ordered from GameStop will be in next week. I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, and Heavy Rain.

What are some really good games that relate to the horror and RPG standards? Those are really the type of games I am in to. Suggestions are appreciated greatly. :)

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Dead Space is a good horror game.
I'd also recommend getting Silent Hill: Homecoming and Bioshock.

As for RPGs...Demon Souls is supposed to be pretty good from what I've heard. And I'm not sure if Dragon Age Origins came out on PS3 or not, but if it did, go for that one.

Meg

Dragon Age Origins is on PS3 and Demon's Souls is great.
Hmmm...I wish i could say more, but I'm not a big fan of either of those genres.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Survival Horror

1. Resident Evil 5 - A good game, but survival horror element is not prominent as Resident Evil 4 as this is more action oriented. Don't bother getting this game if you don't like Resident Evil 4, or if you don't like any RE games.

2. Dead Space - One of the survival horror game that takes place in space. Anyone who is looking for suspense and horror should get this game, by all means.

3. BioShock - A first person shooting game that has horror that will spook you out. Get this if you like first person shooting game like Left 4 Dead series.

4. BioShock 2 - Same as BioShock, but with improved gameplay and new environments. Get this too if you like BioShock.

RPG

5. Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - A highly recommended upcoming RPG game. This version is better than XBox 360 as it has several exclusive contents, like multiple language tracks. I suggest that you use Japanses language as the voice acting is better than the English language. In my personal opinion, the English voice acting is horrible and horrendous....

6. Dragon Age: Origins - Good RPG game with great story, music, and gameplay. Recommended if you like Computer role-playing games like Baldur's Gate and Diablo games.

7. Demon's Souls - A hard but great Action RPG game which takes place in medieval times. Take note that this game's difficulty is extremely high.

8. Eternal Sonata - One of my favourite RPG games all time. The game is based on Chopin's dream, and the gameplay is based on music. Colourful graphics, nice gameplay, great characters, and etc. My only complain that it's story is linear, as it can be easily predicted. But regardless, this game is a recommended game for RPG players.

9. Resonance of Fate - A game that has intense battles like Star Ocean games. I have good reviews about the game, and most of them said it is better than Star Ocean: The Last Hope. The game will be released on March 9 this year.

There are still more games that I will recommend since I had a PS3 a while ago, but since you like horror and RPG games, this is the list of games that I think you should get for now. :)

aka958

Don't trust people
You already got Final Fantasy XIII preordered... I know, get FFVII and FFVIII from PSN!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
FFVSXIII coming your way for RPGs.Not now though.Out of those that are now,i suggest darksiders,MGS4 and everything that chaos master suggested.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
aka958;201990 said:
You already got Final Fantasy XIII preordered... I know, get FFVII and FFVIII from PSN!

I still own my copy of FFVII, but I'm def. getting FFVIII off of the playstation network. :>

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Chaos Master;201973 said:
Survival Horror

1. Resident Evil 5 - A good game, but survival horror element is not prominent as Resident Evil 4 as this is more action oriented. Don't bother getting this game if you don't like Resident Evil 4, or if you don't like any RE games.

2. Dead Space - One of the survival horror game that takes place in space. Anyone who is looking for suspense and horror should get this game, by all means.

3. BioShock - A first person shooting game that has horror that will spook you out. Get this if you like first person shooting game like Left 4 Dead series.

4. BioShock 2 - Same as BioShock, but with improved gameplay and new environments. Get this too if you like BioShock.

RPG

5. Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - A highly recommended upcoming RPG game. This version is better than XBox 360 as it has several exclusive contents, like multiple language tracks. I suggest that you use Japanses language as the voice acting is better than the English language. In my personal opinion, the English voice acting is horrible and horrendous....

6. Dragon Age: Origins - Good RPG game with great story, music, and gameplay. Recommended if you like Computer role-playing games like Baldur's Gate and Diablo games.

7. Demon's Souls - A hard but great Action RPG game which takes place in medieval times. Take note that this game's difficulty is extremely high.

8. Eternal Sonata - One of my favourite RPG games all time. The game is based on Chopin's dream, and the gameplay is based on music. Colourful graphics, nice gameplay, great characters, and etc. My only complain that it's story is linear, as it can be easily predicted. But regardless, this game is a recommended game for RPG players.

9. Resonance of Fate - A game that has intense battles like Star Ocean games. I have good reviews about the game, and most of them said it is better than Star Ocean: The Last Hope. The game will be released on March 9 this year.

There are still more games that I will recommend since I had a PS3 a while ago, but since you like horror and RPG games, this is the list of games that I think you should get for now. :)

Thank you! I love the RE series, so I will be playing RE5. :>
I played Bioshock for the 360, but didn't last long because FP games give me motion sickness.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
VI-Rainbow;202020 said:
Thank you! I love the RE series, so I will be playing RE5. :>
I played Bioshock for the 360, but didn't last long because FP games give me motion sickness.

:lol: Same here. I enjoyed playing BioShock, but I often get dizziness and motion sickness whenever I finished a level. :lol:

Hopefully you will enjoy playing games on PS3. :D

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Chaos Master;201973 said:
Survival Horror

RPG

Dude, you said all I was going too =[ XDDD. But yeah, Resident Evil 5 was ok..although in my opinion don't expect nothing like 4 >.> Also, thank you for the Resonace of Fate release date =P

But good luck with your PS3 games, hope you're not dissapointed. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
I would say get RE5 but it ain't exclusive to the PS3 and I thought it was PS exclusives you were talking about. RE5 is a great game, on of the best games I've played.

Dantenero

White knight chronicle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWZ1UlzQFRM

The good is:
Cool graphics
You can make your avatar that joined you during the story
You can turn to white knight

The bad is:
The game's slow
The quote's hard

Tales of Vesperia:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunaGAgHRRc&NR=1&http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrvXKXaDeQk

The good is:
Story with serious and joke
Many bosses
The game's fast
Many skills with overlimits
Can change the enemy level

The bad is:
The english version coming out on XBOX 360

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ember To Inferno;202675 said:
This is bad how? o.0

Tales of Vesperia is exclusive for XBox 360 (English and Japanese version) until the release of the enhanced version of the game for PS3 with additional contents, like new playable characters and new skills. However, this game is only available in Japanese, and so far no announcement for the English release of the enhanced Tales of Vesperia for PS3. Although I am confused too about Dantenero's comment about the game is in English for XBox 360 is a bad thing...:wacko:

Dantenero

Nononono, what i mean is the PS3 still haven't the english version, not that i badtalk XBOX though, cuz i got those 2 ;)

Top Bottom