• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hypocritical gamers

GF9000000Returns

Don't you hate it when people say that they don't like a game yet they wasted 60 bucks for it anyway? It's like "why bother doing that when you have better games to play or wait for?" I see people like that on youtube all the time, despite me not going to my computer much. (got school) Seriously, what happened to the days when we just ignore a game that we hate?

I don't mean to offend anybody who does that, but it's just something that has been getting to me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Do you mean people who say a game sucks and that nobody will buy it, but they buy it (and secretly love it)?

I think this is what he means, yeah. And if so I'll completely agree that it seems very hypocritical. Though I did have the fortune to turn my skeptic of a friend into a fan of DmC. ^^

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If someone hates a game PRIOR to buying it based on what they've seen so far but then goes ahead and buys it anyway then they are either willing to be proven wrong or they have money to burn...or they just want to troll more effectively with some firsthand knowledge of the title.

If someone buys a game, hates it and makes some legitimate and coherent complaints about it to others who have some experience or knowledge of the title, then that's just how things go sometimes. It is by no means hypocritical to dislike something you have spent money on with the expectation to be entertained accordingly, only to find that the game in question is just a big bag of fail in your eyes.

If someone buys a game, hates it and then moans on and on about it without ceasing (or indeed the ability to construct a vaguely intelligent sentence when complaining) - then I would wager they have issues which run somewhat deeper than a simple dislike of how something has been made.

GF9000000Returns

If someone hates a game PRIOR to buying it based on what they've seen so far but then goes ahead and buys it anyway then they are either willing to be proven wrong or they have money to burn...or they just want to troll more effectively with some firsthand knowledge of the title.

That's the reason why I made this thread in the first place guys, cuz I just don't understand why people waste time with things they don't like, that's all.

Terrutas

And then you tell them they should try the game before complaining about it.

I wonder who's REALLY hypocritical here.

GF9000000Returns

And then you tell them they should try the game before complaining about it.

I wonder who's REALLY hypocritical here.

Yeah, at least try the demo of a game and if they don't like it, why buy the full game? I don't really see how I'm being hypocritical for saying that. This is really not about DmC. It's about any game BTW.

AlchemistFromEden

you'd REALLY think that people would be mature enough to just blatantly avoid or not talk about things they don't like so often, but then again, those types of people usually have nothing better to do

Terrutas

you'd REALLY think that people would be mature enough to just blatantly avoid or not talk about things they don't like so often, but then again, those types of people usually have nothing better to do
Here we go again,seriously stop that ****,you're always asking for a stupid argument about who's better at doing something productive or who's smarter.

Enough.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Here we go again,seriously stop that ****,you're always asking for a stupid argument about who's better at doing something productive or who's smarter.

Enough.

Come on T, it's not enough to just tell someone to shut up if they're acting like Alchemist does. You need to break it down.

Though you'll always get the people who just want to provoke people for no reason or overreact to things they don't like to the point where they religiously harp on about it forever (And I think everyone here has the mental fortitude to recognize that kind of behaviour and knows to be the better person when a victim of it), there are also those who see wasted potential and want to see it recognized as such. When a person places faith in something and it fails to deliver on that good faith, some will be hurt and move on without a second thought. Others might feel they have to strike out in retaliation at a the believed slight, whether it's legitimate or not.

Then there are those who like flawed things. They amuse us, they educate us, they make us better at understanding how badly things can go wrong and realize how those mistakes can be avoided in the future. We share in the failure, joke about it, learn from it. Failure is inspirational, and hatred is motivational.

There's no hypocrisy in enjoying hating bad things. Loving hatred is why we adore despicable villians in fiction; they provoke us into wanting to do better than them and undo their mistakes. Anyone can appreciate that, right?

char_18334.jpg

TLDR, ignore annoying people, learn from the mistakes of others, have fun doing both.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think there are more important things to get upset about, frankly.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Don't you hate it when people say that they don't like a game yet they wasted 60 bucks for it anyway?
I know exactly what you mean. We call those people trolls and attention seekers.

Although I'm sure I'm not one to talk. My love for games often become hate/indifference, eg. DMC4/ Bayonetta.

ZeroLove

I'm one of those who truly believe that you can't make a true opinion about something unless you have experienced it yourself. So if people buy a game, play it through and then hate it, then I respect that opinion and think that it is actually worth anything. I've bought games and then found out I didn't like them, but I did so because I wanted to experience the game to be sure I have some solid ground in my opinion about it.

Like Angel said, there are genres of games that simply doesn't interest me. I cannot say with certainty that I hate those games, but I am indifferent about them because they simply don't attract me. I don't like shooters, so games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo etc, they simply do not interest me. However, I HAVE played shooters I DID enjoy playing, such as Borderlands and Warframe, because though I'm not really interested in shooters, those games had other things in them that attracted me and made the games fun for me to play.

Another example is that I enjoy fighting games, but that doesn't mean that ALL fighting games are within my liking. Marvel VS Capcom 3 is a fighting game I don't really like all that much, except for a few characters, but overall, it just seems way too chaotic for me. And how do I know I don't like it? Because I actually bought it and played it. So I am 100% sure that my opinion about it is true. Not true in the sense that MY opinion is the only RIGHT one, but true in the sense that I can be completely sure about wether or not I like it.

What I find hypocritical is that those who hate on a game keep on saying that they hate it. Yes, we get it... You don't like the game. Now move on with your life or find something noteworthy to discuss. If I hate something, I can make note of it, but then I will simply move away from it and get on with my life, because if I don't like it, then it isn't worth spending my time on. But to continue to throw tantrums around about a game you don't like just seems like attention-whoring to me.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Something that has been misinterpreted a lot when I, and probably many others, have spoken about bad points in a game is that people will often think that it's a full review, which It's not. This leads to that counter argument "Why did you buy the game if you don't like it?", which personally really gets on my nerves since I never say I don't like a game as a whole. I only bring up bad points and often solutions to those issues because I feel it has a better pay-off than me praising everything I do like. In other words I hope someone, somewhere, learns from my points.

GF9000000Returns

I also used to be like these people when they expect a lot for a game and yet gets disappointed in the end, but this time I chose my games wisely, even though I don't play games as much as I used to.

I'm also glad that people are starting to get it.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
The whole "Hate the game before release, yet buy it anyway" reminds me of when people were hating on Left 4 Dead 2 and yet bought it anyway. I remember a picture of a Steam group that was named like "Protest against L4D2" and all the members were playing the game anyway. Hilarious.

What if the demo version of the game was different from the final product? This has happened to me before the demo of Sonic the hedgehog 2006 (There's that game again) was the BETA version of the game and it played alot better than the final version which was buggy, glitchy and nearly unplayable. There's rumors going around that Sonic Team had lost their source code before releasing the final version and quickly had to make another one. wether this is true or not I do not know, but I do know the demo on my xbox360 is more finished than the final version I got for PS3.

Top Bottom