• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how would you redesign dante?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Dante is perfect just the way he is.
Dante_by_dante1nero.png

IncarnatedDemon

remove bad outfitt from dmc 4.
Give him a casual looking clothes with red.

Work on the design of him. To ensure the balance of anime and realisitic look.
DMC 2 design should serve as a good foundation.

I wouldn´t change his personality or anything that is important to him. My goal would to make him look less anime and more bad ass. And less vibrant colour but maintain the red look that defines his character.

732545Dante_very_Cool.jpg

^ Awesome.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
For DmC Dante, actually make him more expressive and not some one dimensional guy, the threesome at the beginning doesn't make me feel like he should be Dante nor does it help his case in order for me to relate, like or feel sympathetic for him. And make him balanced instead of a shade of DMC 3 Dante and trying to hard to be cool.

As for DMC Dante himself, I would give him a reason of his changes, again a reason from DMC 3 to DMC 1 right up to DMC 4 to actually explain his personality changes.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Let's see... Redesigning Dante... :/

First off, how about Dante wearing a red bandana. I thought of this because I wear bandanas too. You know? Like either they are like handkerchiefs and you wrap it around covering your head. At least part of his bangs will show.
Go for that, or go add Ryu's trademark red headband.

EDIT: I was thinking of the biker type bandana!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Anyway, for DMC Dante, I'd make his hair a little more longer. Like Snow's hair in the upcoming FF game.
ff969ff5f1c9cf7ea83f84a6c5e557d1.jpg

hen give him blade's clothes from Blade Trinity, but make the coat red.
bladeyouknow.jpg

As for DmC Dante, I'd like to actually make his hair as short as Desmond's.
tumblr_mf653xUALB1rak1ot.gif

and is clothes be like Judas's from Sora no Otoshimono
Judas.jpg

He wears a black long coat just so you know.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Simple red coat/black shirt Like this >
devil-may-cry-4-dante-tgs-2005.jpg

Or like this >
Castiel.jpg

NO COWBOY BELT FETISH DANTE PLEASE ! just NO !

If only Capcom went with that design in the first place for DMC4 Dante... He would've acted like he did in DMC1 too judging by his face from that prototype. He also would've been the main protagonist, but NOOO!! They got a cheesier, less badass, and an emo version of Dante named Nero who is claimed by many as "Vergil's son", which is complete bull$#!+!! :mad:

I still like coattails though, like the coat of DMC3 Dante and DMC1 Dante, hence one of my many reasons why these two DMC games are my own personal favs! :D

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I want DMC 1 Dante back. To me, he had the ideal personality. No fear, showed caring and emotion at times, had reasonable diologue and actual motives. I felt if DMC 2 took a better turn, the series would be completely different, Now I also like DMC 4 dante for his immaturity, and maybe a nice balance between the two would be the best...

seraphmaycry

id keep his looks but came up with a character i like completely (who is also a madmen, incidentally)

so i'm posting this from other thread

uh how about this funny little character i came up with? his name is lucifer and as a joke on my part he has a affinity for roses and flamenco music, he is a master swordsman and is able to manipulate the physical world through the medium of roses (for example, he can pick up a sword then roses will grow from it in order to lengthen it) he is mysterious and amused by everything greatly, his reason for fighting and killing is that it is amusing and his "favorite way to dance". like Dante, he does have a kind side but often ignores for something "far more amusing"

in a fight, he is deadly and unpredictable and not above dirty tricks he has a heavy emphasis on speed and unpredictably, he changes his stance,fighting style and weapon entirely within less time then it takes to blink. he has advanced teleportation and dodging techniques, like a extremely powerful version of trickster. when in danger he will trigger and unleash his full power, in this form he weighs absolutely nothing and at the same time is impossible to lift or carry, he can instantly create an infinite amount of roses whenever and whenever he like's, and he can move faster then light but most dangerous of his new found abilities is he can project his movements several seconds ahead or behind in time, allowing him to kill with a attack you think you parried, and his blade manifests itself as a swirling swarm of roses, the blade to his sword takes on hundreds of different deadly form in a single space, this allows his blade to shred through anything, even the toughest of demons, with complete and utter ease.

what do you guys think? he sound's absolutely terrifying in his triggered form. he would need re balancing in gameplay, sadly he probably can't trigger often or for long and his attacks just have a large and not 1 hit-kill damage boost (sadly)

herrblitzdiktator

Well, it depends,
for the original Dante I'd give him his hair a bit longer than he had on DMC2, the coat'd be the same as DMC2, but just in the first mission, after that He'd wear a long dark red coat, kinda resembling the one Sparda used.
Rebellion'd be the same as DMC4, but with some rust.
As for the New Dante, he'd look like the same, only his hair'd be longer (I don't like the generic shaved guy that is ... Well, everywhere... Speaking of hair, I liked the fact that Dante hair moved in Devil May Cry 2 gameplay, it give a little bit of realism (but just a bit), maybe a goatee, and the Rebellion looking a bit different in Limbo, similar to the concept art (and ironically, would look a lot like the Soul Reaver). I'd do an sketch, but I lack an scanner.

Top Bottom