• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would you make DMC 5?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I scanned through the other threads and couldn't find one exactly based on this, so I thought I'd start it off. If you were in charge of creating the next DMC 5, which characters would you use and what would you want to have take place?

Here's my idea:
Originally I thought it would be cool if Nero went all-out demon and became the enemy, but that would sort of just be a replay of DMC 4 with the lines clearly drawn between who is the good guy and who is the bad guy (was anyone else as confused as I was about who was good and bad?) Anyway, that would make for a boring game in my opinion. So, here's my idea:
(Please bare with me, I get crazy when I'm on a roll like this)

Using his arm in another everyday demon slaughter session and doing his duty as the Holy Knight Nero is, something goes wrong and he loses control of his demonic powers (many innocents die along with a handful of demons). In an attempt to stop himself from killing everyone who comes into contact with him, Nero takes Yamato and stabs himself (to die a heroic death). Then as Nero slowly dies a painful death (alone in some chamber where no one will see or try to help him {Kyrie for example}) he hears a voice in his head speaking some gibberish he doesn't understand and then as his human soul departs from his body, his demonic powers increase until finally the voice in his head is the voice coming from his own throat (an insane triumphant laugh I think would be good) and as Nero dies, Vergil comes to live (WHOOO!) So he gets up and pulls his hair back, Nero's features altering slightly until it's Vergil's face (what, he's a demon, he can do that right?) and he goes on a Resurrection Spree where he brings to live every demon and boss there had ever been. After an anonymous phone call to Devil May Cry (Dante's business, doh!), Dante is alerted to Nero's disappearance (along with Yamato, which he is more ****ed about than Nero being missing) and he sets out along with Trish and Lady (and whoever else was wickedly cool and on the good side previous in the series) to find Nero, only to discover on his way that there were much more demons than he could remember, and each demon has more power (and in the scarecrows' case, they've got brains...oooh) until like, halfway through the game and after fighting some easy bosses, Dante discovers Nero in some remote area guarded by really powerful demons. He finds Nero sitting on a bunk in a small prison-like chamber and when he calls out his name, Nero gets up, head down and walks right past Dante (putting in a scene where he looks up and they look at each other, and Dante recognizes Vergil, would be wicked) And then before Dante can react (fast enough, I should say), Vergil is outside and Dante is locked in the chamber. Maybe some conversation where Vergil declares his undying greed for more power, I don't know, then Dante is left to fight off the demons attacking to kill him and maybe throw in a puzzle for him to escape the chamber. Then somewhere along the line Dante and Vergil have a showdown where Vergil tells Dante he's searching for a ghost because Nero died so that he could live again, and then right at the end they have the ultimate face off.

Can anyone come up with something better? (I'm sure you can)

RazielVergil

that was good but quite tedious.still if DMC 5 comes out,it better involve MORE VERGIL!coming back to the storyline,i would rather have Nero vs Vergil and Dante vs His own Devil Trigger.THIS WOULD BE AN ULTIMATE BATTLE IN DMC HISTORY!Becos these 2 battles will be EPIC unlike the stupid final battle in DMC 4.DMC 1 AND 3 had epic final battles so i think DMC 5 final battle shud be the one mentioned above.maybe at some point of time,dante is forced to fight his inner demon.but overall,the final battle shud involve these 4 major characters.i m not sure abt mundus but he may also be involved in some way in the final battle if DMC 5 is the last game in the series....wat do u think guys?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
there are some projects based on this .lol.

Dante Aseroth's dmc 5 concept is just one of them

Sparda™

LordOfDarkness;82626 said:
there are some projects based on this .lol.

Dante Aseroth's dmc 5 concept is just one of them

Thanks LoD. By the way, the concept has been updated.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I hate this version. Im am sure that Dante and Nero could find a way to supress it.

Like DMC3 but Dante and Nero, and hopefully, if they can pull something miraculously, link this story to DMC2... o.o

XXR

Phage

Heartbreaker
Devil May Cry 5

I would make this [a little] radically different from all the previous titles, in that the storyline wouldnt be such a linear A to B plot.

the beginning of the game would consist of taking up multiple Demon Hunting missions for Dante's agency Devil May Cry with the option of deploying one of 3 playable characters for whatever jobs are available. some jobs having the option of having 1 or 2 extra characters coming along as backup with the option of going into co-op mode so a seconf player could jump on in on the action rather than leaving the secondary characters AI controlled.

the three [initial] playable characters would be ta-da-da! :

Dante, Trish & Lady ...a fourth NEW DMC style mystery character would be introduced later in the plot to team up with the rest of the Devil May Cry crew.

and of course whatever character undertakes the assignments would retain the demons blood for their own advancement, meaning clear favouritism of a character means they'll be buffer than the other 3 characters you've neglected. some missions will compulsory and advance the plot while other missions would be optional BUT their completion may have some bearing on some of the comulsory missions later on. as you get a few assignments under your belt the major and epic plot of DMC5 will begin to become apparent and the main missions will cease to to be such mercenary fair as the world needs saving and Dante & his crew take on the task of doing it.

Dante & Trish have Devil Trigger while Lady & the new character will have a special power-up mode from equipment/relics.

Dante will have styles => Trickster/Swordmaster/Gunslinger/RoyalGuard +found optional styles including DEVILBRINGER!
Trish has Devil Dances equipped which will operate similar to the amulate system from DMC2
Lady will have a large arsenal of optional equipment & ammo you select before each mission

character specific weapons/styles/abilities/spells[ <--lookey lookey for new character, hmmm] will be retrievable from certain missions but only by the character that they are meant for, so there will be certain benefit as to who you choose for that mission. but as with all DMC titles the option to backtrack and replay levels with different characters will be there.

I would exclude Nero from making an appearance as a player character because I feel that DMC4 was kinda his story, and [imho] he doesnt fit into the kind of dynamic afforded by the Devil May Cry crew. but I wouldnt eliminate the possibility of him still making some sort of visitation/cameo appearance. I wouldnt include Virgil either but there would be history elements that they come across that elude to the life Virgil leadbefore his disappearance after DMC3 and demise[?] in DMC1.

[!!] What do you guys think of the co-op idea I've instated here?

Sparda™

Some of your choices seem to be, well, bad. I'll explain why.

Putting Nero out of the spotlight will upset lots of fans he has gained through DMC4. His story in the DMC series hasn't ended yet. If not, he's the most enigmatic character of all.

The other thing is Dante with the Devil Bringer, which I must say, If you truly are a Dante fan, you won't make him have some other's character signature appearance. Also, he's powerful enough even without It.

Dante and Nero should team up and Coop will be introduced into DMC5. You will be able to pick who you want to play with through the entire story Dante or Nero or maybe Vergil?

SuperNero

AYE it would but the chances of that are bloody slim and i didnt mind playing nero in dmc4 but it was annoying when i was dante since i was used to devil bringer or devil arm

VergilIsntdead

DMC5, i would like it to be large, like 25 missions, Vergil returns, Nero is present, and Dante Too. Each one with their own side, motives, and objectives and we see how they confront along the story. Also we can't forget a brand new evil plan and lots of demons, and how this affects the progress of each character. Improved Dark Slayer for vergil, and three new styles for him which would be: Death Bringer( a such sort of sword master for vergil). Ghost Summoner ( improves all vergil's summoned energy attacks). And finally Demon Man ( a style specialy dedicated to devil trigger abilities, and also improves the image of the dt form.) Dante would have his usual styles without trickster and royal guard, and be replaced by new ones. Nero as in dmc4, all his power centers in the devil bringer, but this time brings with it "Corruption" that as you increase the arm extends much more into the body turning others nero's parts in demon limbs. Sparda the blade would be available, and in some time of the game vergil would use it :D:D:D so beautiful that would be.

Top Bottom