• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to bring Bloody Roar a comeback?

Which company to buy Bloody Roar from Konami?

• Bandai Namco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Koei Tecmo

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Capcom

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • NetherRealm Studios

• Arc System Works

• Iron Galaxy Studios

• SNK

• SEGA

• Total voters

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Which company do you think you should by the rights for Bloody Roar from Konami now that Hudson is gone?

And for a sequel or reboot, which BR characters would you have be the first appear in a teaser trailer? How many returning? Perhaps a new character for the first time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
This won't happens. Konami is dumb as that. They rather let it rot than sell it.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Oh m gosh I still play the first game even to this day. I own BR2 but skipped right over it to Primal Fury on GameCube which I had a lot of fun with back in the day.

To be honest, I'd probably concede that Bandai Namco (Namco Bandai?) and NetherRealm make a better quality of fighting game and arguably more generous with content, but I've loved Capcom's fighting games since Street Fighter II on the SNES to their Marvel vs. games on the Saturn. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is the go-to fighter for me and my eldest son, too, and while it's seemingly a bit of a flop (totally uninformed conjecture on my part), it's still a heckuva lot of fun and scratches that beat 'em up itch.

I'll vote Capcom, if only because of blind fanboy loyalty for their older games of the genre.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Oh m gosh I still play the first game even to this day. I own BR2 but skipped right over it to Primal Fury on GameCube which I had a lot of fun with back in the day.

To be honest, I'd probably concede that Bandai Namco (Namco Bandai?) and NetherRealm make a better quality of fighting game and arguably more generous with content, but I've loved Capcom's fighting games since Street Fighter II on the SNES to their Marvel vs. games on the Saturn. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is the go-to fighter for me and my eldest son, too, and while it's seemingly a bit of a flop (totally uninformed conjecture on my part), it's still a heckuva lot of fun and scratches that beat 'em up itch.

I'll vote Capcom, if only because of blind fanboy loyalty for their older games of the genre.

What about Koei Tecmo?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
What about Koei Tecmo?
Had to Google them as I'd forgotten what they'd worked on. I haven't really had much experience with their stuff bar for, I think, Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast? It was a pretty solid fighter is memory serves...

Do you think that they could do justice to the Bloody Roar franchise?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
This won't happens. Konami is dumb as that. They rather let it rot than sell it.

Pretty much this sadly.

Konami has proven with series like Silent Hill and Castlevania that they are perfectly content with either a. letting the series die or b. turning the series into pachislot games for a quick buck so the prospects of them reviving let alone selling anything is pretty much nonexistent at the moment.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Had to Google them as I'd forgotten what they'd worked on. I haven't really had much experience with their stuff bar for, I think, Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast? It was a pretty solid fighter is memory serves...

Do you think that they could do justice to the Bloody Roar franchise?

Since DOA, I think they can.

Top Bottom