• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How spoiler-y is too spoiler-y?

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Yep that would have been a major spoiler. Rule of thumb (I thought anyway) would be not to mention any details that are not revealed by the developers themselves. Or before the game is globally released.
After a game is released on global scale, all is fair in game chat. If people still want to kick up a fuss about spoilers then, just ignore them. Or tell them to go to a different thread. Or put your entire post in spoiler tags-they can't say they weren't warned.

I can't argue that it isn't a major spoiler. No way in hell. All I'm saying is even after knowing that there would be a fight between Dante and Vergil, you might wanna know why they had to fight and what led brothers working together eventually duel till other's death. Game could still be enjoyed. That why I asked what was the reaction when 'murder your maker' was used as a marketing line.

i dont think think cepra demon is a spoiler. that boss is not connected to plot anyway. you can finish the game without killing him. And you have to kill a bunch of cepra demon later.

I know. To be honest, I still don't understand how names can be a spoiler!! I mean, it's like saying the second iteration of Harry Potter movie has lots of spoilers because you already know the characters' name from the first movie.

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
i meant, the last boss name is a massive spoiler. cause you dont know who is the last boss until you go to the final stage.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
...and I'm asking how would you come to know the said name is in fact the name of the last boss?! Well, at least until the person specifically tells you, "The last boss name is Xyz".

Top Bottom