• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How should Ninja Theory Reboot

DMC Fan

Arkham and Arius?

Arkham is my top DMC villian,cunning,and totally vile...but with the new rebooted universe he can no longer have his master plan since he lusted for Sparda,s power (Destroyer of Mundus and his armies) but in the new universe Sparda is not top dog so how would you do Arkham now? Since mundus was revamped and still stayed more or less the same.

Arius if he ever turns up should be built from the ground up.......awful villian

RedGear

considering its Arkham, he would have figured an alternative or more to achieve more power. By manipulating Dante, of course. (but dante would look very naive)

ZeroLove

I'm more interested in seeing Trish appear in a DmC sequal. Arkham and Arius are both second-rate characters. Arius was just random villain who had to die, he didn't really have any significance. Arkham had a bit importance, being a key-character for both Lady's appearance in the game and an occult advisor for Vergil in opening the Temen-Ni-Gru. But when all comes to all, Vergil and Lady could easily be written into the story WITHOUT Arkham, and it would still be a good game with a good story. To me, Arkham was just an annoyance to Dante.

So what I am trying to say is that I kinda hope Ninja Theory won't reboot those characters.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
So what I am trying to say is that I kinda hope Ninja Theory won't reboot those characters.

I don't think Ninja theory would handle a sequel for DmC if it would have one.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I would have Trish return after Dante builds DMC. Since she's based on Beatrice she'll be like her DMC counterpart.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Arius wasn't really Dante's show, he was Lucia's (the Despair Embodied was Dante's big finale). And Arkham was more a sideshow than Dante's real challenge, Vergil. So I don't think they'd make for much of a reboot. But brand new villains in the same spirit as them, humans who would do anything for power, I think that should definitely make a reappearance, and that Arkham's portrayal is the best model for it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm more interested in seeing Trish appear in a DmC sequal. Arkham and Arius are both second-rate characters. Arius was just random villain who had to die, he didn't really have any significance. Arkham had a bit importance, being a key-character for both Lady's appearance in the game and an occult advisor for Vergil in opening the Temen-Ni-Gru. But when all comes to all, Vergil and Lady could easily be written into the story WITHOUT Arkham, and it would still be a good game with a good story. To me, Arkham was just an annoyance to Dante.

I agree and disagree with you.

I agree in the sense that Arkham may not be a character needed as the reboot had Vergil as a manipulator of words but I disagree in the sense I believe every character should get a shot at a fresh start in the reboot.

Arkham and Arius?

Arkham is my top DMC villian,cunning,and totally vile...but with the new rebooted universe he can no longer have his master plan since he lusted for Sparda,s power (Destroyer of Mundus and his armies) but in the new universe Sparda is not top dog so how would you do Arkham now? Since mundus was revamped and still stayed more or less the same.

Arius if he ever turns up should be built from the ground up.......awful villian
I have an idea for Arius that's pretty much him becoming a half-demon and using him to shed a light on demon society by showing how would a human who becomes a demon be treated in demon society.

AlchemistFromEden

Arkham and Arius?

i'd imagine getting a two face vibe in the personality

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't think Ninja theory would handle a sequel for DmC if it would have one.

So...no DmC2?:'(

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Maybe, maybe not, now you know how it feels for the millions of DMC fans who just wanted their own series to see a fifth game before getting a complete reboot.
images

And now I know that feel...

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Arius would probably be the easiest as he was a pathetic excuse for a villain and NT could pretty much do anything they wanted and it would still be waaaaaay better than the original. I do however think it would be cooler if they did something completely different and unexpected. Like why did Vergil have to end up as the bad guy? I mean if NT has so much more freedom to tell these alternate DMC stories why not turn some of the character completely on their heads and challenge our expectations of who they should be.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Arius would probably be the easiest as he was a pathetic excuse for a villain and NT could pretty much do anything they wanted and it would still be waaaaaay better than the original.
This new Mundus was like Arius. Both busniess men, wanting to control the world. One was a demon and one wanted demonic power. Both did the whole tower hell gate summon thing.
Arius didn't really stand out for me. He was just a grey blah. :p

I think that just means if there will be a DmC 2, Ninja theory won't do it's sequel.
I hope they do have NT make DmC2. Otherwise it will be like DmC is a parcel that is passed around to lots of people.

Nekodark

I also hope they make DmC 2...it will feel weird if they don't but if someone else makes it I hope NT does help out for the new game to keep the narrative they started.

Top Bottom