• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How much more powerful then nero would say dante is?

seraphmaycry

How much more powerful then nero would say dante is? remember at dmc4 he has SURPASSED spardas power (at lest i think so,remember the old guy had sprdas power and both dante and nero can wipe the floor with him)

so what do you think? im jst gonna say dante is about 7 maybe 8 tiems more powerful then nero (more like 6 but i hate nero)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Nero seems to have more physical strength / Dante is more skilled. I think that is basically the difference between them.
Silly?! Yes, tell that to the producer of DMC4 :troll:

seraphmaycry

Nero seems to have more physical strength / Dante is more skilled. I think that is basically the difference between them.
Silly?! Yes, tell that to the producer of DMC4 :troll:

more physical strength? really? i just thought that dante was messing around and not being serious but okay if you can prove it to me i;ll believe you

also the thread is who is more powerful not stronger or more skilled

remember power is not all about dps anyway power is everything that can affect combat so that's health speed dps and a whole lot of stuff

Gel

Premium
Ok, let's go...

In DMC4 novel Dante admits Nero is stronger than him.This: http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html.
It is implied by Kamiya that even Trish is stronger and more powerful than Dante.Strange again, since Sparda was supposed to be the second most powerful ( and strongest ) demon, only Mundus surpasses him ( until that day). How can Trish be more powerful?She is callel Mighty Trish in VJ2. Silly again...
This subject was treated lightly in this thread: http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/dmc-dante-vergil-stats.15759/

I can't say nothing more about it, this is just a nonsense :troll:

seraphmaycry

Ok, let's go...

In DMC4 novel Dante admits Nero is stronger than him.This: http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html.
It is implied by Kamiya that even Trish is stronger and more powerful than Dante.Strange again, since Sparda was supposed to be the second most powerful ( and strongest ) demon, only Mundus surpasses him ( until that day). How can Trish be more powerful?She is callel Mighty Trish in VJ2. Silly again...
This subject was treated lightly in this thread: http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/dmc-dante-vergil-stats.15759/

I can't say nothing more about it, this is just a nonsense :troll:

trish ore powerful then dante? that is incrediby illogical and could only work f she was using the sword of sparda even then dante would probably kick her ass and am i mistaken about this btu even on dmd her lightning bolts were easy to dodge pathetic and did minimal damage plus explain the start trish was trying to kill him and most likely had been ordered to try that first before luring him and well she got owned wait which dante is that about? dmc3 dante i can beleive fully and without hesitation

Gel

Premium
She was there only to kill him, but it doesn't work, so she had no other chance than take him to her Overlord. In the end, she gave a hand on locking Mundus, but then again I don't think Dante really needed a hand, but ok.
The same way the story says Trish reforms herself and become a good " humanized" demon, now showing her loyalty to his new friend, but Mundus in VJ says it was him who planted a seed on Trish, making her start to feel emotions, in order to open the Underworld portal once again, freeing Mundus. It makes one think if she really reforms by her free or was unconsciously " programmed" to reform only to bring her ex lord back from his prison to finish Dante for good.
The same way I never got why she made the silly decision of taking Sparda sword to the order, making people being killed because of this, and if she was so powerful, why she didn't stop the mess she helped to start.TV tropes qualifies her decision as a " It amuses me" trope, implying she made this only because she was bored.
Could this be messier?

seraphmaycry

She was there only to kill him, but it doesn't work, so she had no other chance than take him to her Overlord. In the end, she gave a hand on locking Mundus, but then again I don't think Dante really needed a hand, but ok.
The same way the story says Trish reforms herself and become a good " humanized" demon, now showing her loyalty to his new friend, but Mundus in VJ says it was him who planted a seed on Trish, making her start to feel emotions, in order to open the Underworld portal once again, freeing Mundus. It makes one think if she really reforms by her free or was unconsciously " programmed" to reform only to bring her ex lord back from his prison to finish Dante for good.
The same way I never got why she made the silly decision of taking Sparda sword to the order, making people being killed because of this, and if she was so powerful, why she didn't stop the mess she helped to start.TV tropes qualifies her decision as a " It amuses me" trope, implying she made this only because she was bored.
Could this be messier?

maybe more phsyicial strength? idk how trish is stronger but this is about nero not trish

Gel

Premium
The story just says Nero has more raw strength than Dante, but, as usual nobody cares to elaborate.Maybe in DMC5?
Anyway I'd like to know where people found data to make the stats about characters, since there was nothing official about it.

seraphmaycry

The story just says Nero has more raw strength than Dante, but, as usual nobody cares to elaborate.Maybe in DMC5?
Anyway I'd like to know where people found data to make the stats about characters, since there was nothing official about it.

i always thought dante was stronger, nero had to work and everything was a game to dante so i decided dante was more powerful (also imagine the nero fight playing as dante and your NOT joking around, ouch)

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Strength and power is something different. Berial and every other demonic boss is much stronger than dante but still gets pummeled by him. I mean berial could lift a whole building with his gigantic body and strength but dante couldnt and yet dante has no trouble in defeating him. Nero might be more physically powerful and buffed but dante would own nero when it comes to fighting. Just like he did in DMC 4.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
LOL@ this thread

Sanctus wasn't able to control Sparda's power just like Arkham we can't really say that he "Surpassed" sparda's power in any way for all we i know if Dante fought seriously Nero would be cold cuts.
Novels are NON-CANON.
It is implied by Kamiya that even Trish is stronger and more powerful than Dante
YEAH we've all seen the intro&the anime thank you very much.

seraphmaycry

LOL@ this thread

Sanctus wasn't able to control Sparda's power just like Arkham we can't really say that he "Surpassed" sparda's power in any way for all we i know if Dante fought seriously Nero would be cold cuts. Novels are NON-CANON. YEAH we've all seen the intro&the anime thank you very much.

wait, what? sanctus couldn't control it? when was this stated? i know what nero said but it never really seemed like enough information to say that sanctus had trouble, and it never looked like there wasa problem what i saw was a old guy using the power of god to control a super-powerful statue.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
wait, what? sanctus couldn't control it? when was this stated? i know what nero said but it never really seemed like enough information to say that sanctus had trouble, and it never looked like there wasa problem what i saw was a old guy using the power of god to control a super-powerful statue.
IT is stated in DMC 3&DMC1 that only sons of sparda can control and utilize it to its fullest

and saying that he surpassed sparda is just an overstatment we've all seen how much struggle nero was having despite having DB as a bonus when compared to dante in DMC3 he was in full control of the situation until he met Vergil.

Just because he is hard to beat in NMD mode doesn't mean he is 100% in control of sparda's power he was merely a mutated human.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Like Ridwanul said: power is something very different than strength by itself, power can be even social, if you have a bunch of tough guys willing to protect you that can be power; obviously not the kind of power we are talking about here, but well, just to show that there are strict and brand definitions for the word "power" and that is useful to define what kind of power you're talking about.

But Nero seems to be much more stronger than Dante while talking about physical strength, he was able to smash the Savior's (statue) face with "only" his devil bringer. But when it comes to fighting skills and diverse ways to use demonic power Dante is miles away from Nero: he can use his demonic power to move faster (not only in DT mode, Sky Star serves as one example here), he have a very tough body that can be severely damage without killing him, he can fly while in DT mode with some specific weapons (Sparda or Nevan), he can even summon thunder with his hands while using Alastor, his DT form expand even more his abilities (he can use more demonic energy to use more Sky Stars, for example) and he can use the powers of other demons along with his own (when he uses a devil arm, he gains access to some specific moves and in DMC3 and 1 the devil arms even change his devil trigger form). And the one who implied that Dante was even stronger than Sparda was Griffon in the first game, you're right on this.

I don't think Sparda was that "all-powerful" demon everyone thinks off, i think that Sparda's power is what we see in the Mundus fight in Devil May Cry , Dante was using Sparda's power that were sealed in the sword in that time; that was Sparda's demonic power, he's not that powerful if you stop to think about, his "power" (what make him a strong being, even more than Mundus and the other demons) must have the same nature of Dante's powers: skill, the ability to adress very different situations using his power in different ways, Mundus was clearly a more "powerful" demonic entity, he can summon a lot of things including meteors and some demonic orbs that shot some spikes, summon barries made of demonic power, explode stone plataforms just by shaking his hand, give life to other demons (Trish and the lava dragon he summons in the fight with Dante), transform all the background in something similar to space (?) and the cherry in the top of the cake is that he's all immortal even if his physical body is completely destroyed.

But, yeah, i think that Dante is more "powerful" than Nero because he seems to have more demonic power and traits. And we already seen him beating Nero before, but i think Nero has the potential and the tool to surpass Dante even if he's more limited (he seems to need Yamato to unleash his fullest demonic power, for example, although i'm not certain about this).

seraphmaycry

IT is stated in DMC 3&DMC1 that only sons of sparda can control and utilize it to its fullest

and saying that he surpassed sparda is just an overstatment we've all seen how much struggle nero was having despite having DB as a bonus when compared to dante in DMC3 he was in full control of the situation until he met Vergil.

Just because he is hard to beat in NMD mode doesn't mean he is 100% in control of sparda's power he was merely a mutated human.

i did not say he was hard to beat re-read my post i stated he was easy to beat so both dante and nero surpassed him adn thus sparda

again i need evidence for this i remeber "you should come to realzie YOU cannot control the power of sparda" enthasizing the you to make it clear they did not state that someone else could not also arkham could not control because by the offficial in game descprition he was to corrupt however sanctus seemed more misguided then evil and his motives were poorly explained so i find hard to label im corrupt

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
i stated he was easy to beat so both dante and nero surpassed him adn thus sparda
That's doesn't make a shred of sense..

just because a weakling stole sparda's sword one day and a full blooded half-demon defeats that weak human doesn't exactly mean that big of an accomplishment.

THIS is Sparda's REAL power >
If nero is able to beat Dante at Full power Sparda DT then i'd agree that he has truly "Surpassed" Sparda.
in game descprition he was to corrupt however sanctus seemed more misguided then evil and his motives were poorly explained so i find hard to label im corrupt
That doesn't make it any sense to use the power of sparda it needs someone equal of power to control it at least. LOL he was misguided ? he was a running a cult which killed many innocent civilians just to resurrect some demons&science experiments.

seraphmaycry

That's doesn't make a shred of sense..

just because a weakling stole sparda's sword one day and a full blooded half-demon defeats that weak human doesn't exactly mean that big of an accomplishment.

THIS is Sparda's REAL power >
If nero is able to beat Dante at Full power Sparda DT then i'd agree that he has truly "Surpassed" Sparda.
That doesn't make it any sense to use the power of sparda it needs someone equal of power to control it at least. LOL he was misguided ? he was a running a cult which killed many innocent civilians just to resurrect some demons&science experiments.

i was trying not to bring up religious issues to be honest remember in old times burning people was thought to be the right thing to do to

also how is the human weak with spardas power? he was easy for both dante and nero to beat.

anyway im just gonna watch this thread go haywire from now on and try not to start a flame near firewodd

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
i was trying not to bring up religious issues to be honest remember in old times burning people was thought to be the right thing to do to
Wait.. what ? lol i don't even know what you're talking about anymore.
also how is the human weak with spardas power? he was easy for both dante and nero to beat.
Simple math Nero&Dante are Half-demons Sanctus isn't he's a mutant human.
anyway im just gonna watch this thread go haywire from now on and try not to start a flame near firewodd
I still have no idea what you're talking about.:blink:

seraphmaycry

Wait.. what ? lol i don't even know what you're talking about anymore. Simple math Nero&Dante are Half-demons Sanctus isn't he's a mutant human. I still have no idea what you're talking about.:blink:

allow me to elaborate in past times people have commited horrendous acts for their gods thinking it was right sanctus is no different as horrible as he is

two words ascension ceremony the dude actually IS full demon (it was confirmed somehwere that the ceremony turns into you into a demon, which makes sense if they worship a devil then logically the hierarchy would be similiar with angels (demons) being the servants of god(sparda)

and i stated in a bad way this thread is fuel for a flame war which as you know is just a really bad and offensive argument

Top Bottom