• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you feel about Dubstep in videogames

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I feel pretty much the same I would with other games and any music, if it doesn't fit the scene and gameplay I won't like it as much. When it comes to dubstep I don't like it if it drags on pointlessly. Short bursts are usually the right way to use it imo.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Depends on the wubwub really, I'm alright with some of it (see: Nero, Knife Party, Datsik), but there's plenty of it that I just outright can't stand either.

but DmC managed to make it work pretty well.

Nearly forgot about Noisia, they're pretty good too, though I think that's because it gives me such a Zone of the Enders vibe.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
DmC does not have dubstep

it is aggrotech and its pretty cool... dubstep is something which is in persona games

Some of Noisia's stuff is classified as dubstep, what's in DmC most certainly is dubstep.
Combichrist on the other hand, yeah, Combichrist is aggrotech.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I dunno i've only heard Combichrist.... i though they were doing 100% BGM for DmC
It's a combined effort between Noisia and Combichrist, the more electronic stuff is Noisia, actually basically all the BGM you hear in the major demon boss fights is Noisia, Mundus' theme particularly is quite wubwub.

From what I've noticed, Combichrist basically takes care of the music that plays in standard fights, while Noisia covers boss battles.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's a combined effort between Noisia and Combichrist, the more electronic stuff is Noisia, actually basically all the BGM you hear in the major demon boss fights is Noisia, Mundus' theme particularly is quite wubwub.

From what I've noticed, Combichrist basically takes care of the music that plays in standard fights, while Noisia covers boss battles.

I think it should've been the opposite... Combichrist should've done Boss themes.. the generic Wubwub just makes me lol

lol his spit reached him like matrix bullets XD.

I kinda find it odd that this game seems to have "revenge" theme
in original Dante never seemed like he wanted vengeance against Mundus for a particular reason

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
I wouldn't mind it if the song suited the setting and didn't get irritating after a while... a lot of game songs can get boring if you play for a long time, it's best if they're not too loud and repetitive.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
I loved Noisia's score on this game.

One of the major reasons I actually bought DmC was knowing Noisia was making the score for the game. Wasn't a huge fan of Combichrist.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
How I think of Dubstep in DmC or the genre in all.:
35ciqm.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
I feel pretty much the same I would with other games and any music, if it doesn't fit the scene and gameplay I won't like it as much.

Sums up my thoughts, if the music used fits the scene & action thats going on I dont mind what genre it is.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
past:
kid: dad sing me a song from when you were little
dad: it's not unusual....

future:
kid: dad sing me a song from when you were little
dad: WUB WUB TEEEEEE TICKA TICKA WOOOOOOO WUB WUB WUB WEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom