• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Horror Elements in Devil May Cry

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
So we know that this series was intended to have a sort of horror theme to it. So what horror elements would you guys want in DmC2 or any other DMC in general? Highly unlikely it will happen but just wondering about your opinions.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
The horror elements were lost after the original, sadly. In my opinion, the first game had a near-perfect balance of horror and action/cheese (much like Resident Evil 4).

I don't see horror making a return at this point, unless we got another reboot or a game with a fresh, unrefined protagonist who's just then awakening their powers and potential. Think DMC3/DmC Dante or Nero without much prior experience; maybe even a human character?

As it stands, horror wouldn't feel right unless the enemies felt truly threatening to the current Dante(s), which I don't think is possible anymore.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't care what they do in DmC2, but some return of gothic horror from DMC1 would be nice. Also I don't think power-level matters, since DMC or DmC will never be survivor horror anyway.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Honestly, I wish the environments were a bit creepy like DMC1 as well as the enemies so they seemed menacing. And there was also that fear of dying in DMC1 to one of those demons and having to start over which made you tread cautiously. And that night sequence after Mundus kills Griffon was brilliant and I wish there was a bit more of that.

Top Bottom