• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Honest Opinion on DmC (Spoilers Ahoy)

Triceranuke

That's very strange an you seem like an anomaly. I don't know, debate the quality of the system all you like but there's not much deny that your style skyrockets. I watched a stream of a guy fighting Vergil with only the hulk hands, he dies a couple of times and mostly just used attack and grapple and he still got an S.

Poor example. Would be better to compare it to say a beachcruiser bike or something to a mountain bike or competition bike. One is easier and more accessible, but the skill ceiling isn't as high. The other is less accessible, but the skill ceiling is much higher.

The plot of DMC4 was very weak, I agree. The characterization of it was miles ahead of DmC, and for all of DmC's bragging about its narrative and plot it really fell short on delivering even a mediocre story. DMC4's selling point was never its story and it never advertised such.

How was the voice acting in DMC4 bad? Give some examples, DMC1's had some bad overacting, you know what scene I mean as did DMC3. But DMC4's voice acting was great. Dante really delivered his lines well. Seriously, how can anyone see this scene and say that's good voice acting at all. Listen to that half assed scream in the first 15 seconds. It sounds like a joke and there's plenty more examples of Dante's voice actor sounding unegaged and emotionless if you want them.
Overall mission rank? Yeah I agree, way too easy to get a high mission rank. In combat though I never really had a problem getting to the S ranks in the others and DmC didn't feel noticeably easier. Easier to keep it going but not easier to get to, least I thought.

And I'll agree on Dante's voice actor being terrible at screaming. I laughed when he DT'd the first time, but other than that I thought his lines were really well delivered. And I guess 4 didn't have bad voice acting I just feel like everything fell flat cause I did not care about anything that happened in that game. And Nero yelling for his girlfriend all the time really started to grate on me. I don't know it just ****ed me off because Dante should have been more mature by that point. He'd gone through the events of DMC 1 and the whole arc of 3 was him becoming more mature but in 4 he's just a clown. The voice acting didn't really do much to dissuade that.

Age of Nero

The End is the Beginning is the End!
I haven't played this version yet, but I'd watch cutscenes on Youtube- I LOVE the fact the story is in complete detail as it explains most of what's going on & even in the end: Vergil's true intentions. However, I'm not a huge fan of massive vulgarity- like the Succubus part, about "p***ing down Dante's neck & s****ing on his carcass" was WAY TMI there!! xP I also like the character developement best in DMC4, but the costumes best in DMC3- & the older background settings- from DMC1 to DMC4- all of these assets give a cetain "feel" to them!! :p

Top Bottom