• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Holy CRAP!!!!

Meg

I have a Facebook, but I'm never on it. I honestly think those sites are more bad then good.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Sounds like fun :lol:
Instead of Murders , the sort of same thing has happned here in the UK
Posted by Chris Choi. 25 August, 2010

Today we are revealing sinister evidence that cyber-bullies are expertly choosing their victims and co-coordinating attacks. It is a tactic designed to maximise the impact on innocent internet users. The cruel harassment is all part of a disturbing internet activity known as “trolling”. Victims are selected for mass attacks. It means people using social networking pages can be hi-jacked. The bullying is in cyber-space, but the harm can hit people hard here in the real world. One woman, Karin Samilow-Frien told me she was subjected to years of this coordinated bullying.

“They used murdered children’s’ names and photographs. Its quite sick and sinister really. If they stopped at that it would be bad enough, but they don’t. They create groups to get a reaction out of people and post the most disgusting appalling things..filthy things.”

Our research led us to a website being used by bullies to plan group attacks. Within minutes we found evidence of a plot to bombard one Facebook user with insults and obscene photos. It is clear that he has been selected as a victim only because he has a “model girlfriend”. A second plan to invade another individual appears to give social network site passwords, to help the bullies gain maximum access to the individuals account. One bully writes: ” “I have already done some damage”. Others threaten to track victims down in the real world to “punch her in the face”.

We can also reveal a highly controversial counter-attack. A group of internet vigilantes is taking matters into its own hands, identifying people its says are internet bullies. The vigilantes are tracing suspects real identities and then sending real world letters to their homes and workplaces. Its is intended to name and shame. These are not professionals – and critics fear they will target the wrong people or end up breaking the law themselves.

One of these anti-bully activists has spoken exclusively to ITV News, “We now know the names and addresses of 40. Some are difficult to trace, but most can easily be traced by the police of Facebook. We are not professionals, if we can do it Facebook could do it”. The internet industry, including Facebook, told me it does have security investigators working with police forces. Also that sites like Facebook have ”technical systems” and “privacy settings” in place to block bullies. They say it is a priority taken very seriously.

Today’s ITV News investigation shows the stage is now set for an internet battle between alleged bullies and angry vigilantes. This is a development that will divide opinion. Some are delighted there is a counterattack - others say it will only make matters worse.

Top Bottom