• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hollow Vergil

AngelMode

Best way to kill the Imprisoner so far I have found is to wait for an opening, Solar Flare it up in the air and then JC whatever to do as much damage as possible before he touches the ground. I have actually been able to kill the Imprisoner before he could go into "rage mode" with the stones around him and whatnot, by simply Solar Flare -> JC combos -> land -> Instant Solar Flare again -> repeat. lol But you gotta have pretty good timing.

Loved the video! That was pretty badass. I swear when I first fought Hollow Vergil on Devil Hunter, he would just teleport out of the way every time I tried doing the Helm Breaker Jump Cancel loop on him in the air and I'd only get like maybe three or four reps. I'm guessing they give you a lot more air time to combo in Vergil Must Die due to Hollow Vergil having a lot more health?

Thanks, and I don't know about that. I think this works on any difficulty, you probably were too close to the ground or something 'cus I believe he can get away if he is at a certain height... or if you are too slow in between cancels he might also teleport away... I haven't tested him out as much as I would have liked it seems :C

Nelo_Vergil

is no one going to mention the DMC3 shadow battle? they had the exact same purpose only hollow vergil talked.

Victormaru

Technologist
Is no one going to mention how extremely similar the situation is to this?! Totally serves the same purpose.

"Hollow Vergil" and "Hollow Ichigo"? Concidence? I think not.

Thanks, and I don't know about that. I think this works on any difficulty, you probably were too close to the ground or something 'cus I believe he can get away if he is at a certain height... or if you are too slow in between cancels he might also teleport away...
You're probably right. I think I might've been too close to the ground.

AngelMode

is no one going to mention the DMC3 shadow battle? they had the exact same purpose only hollow vergil talked.

And actually built up to it. Where DMC3's shadow battle thing just sort of happened... just because. But yeah, same thing.

Is no one going to mention how extremely similar the situation is to this?! Totally serves the same purpose.

"Hollow Vergil" and "Hollow Ichigo"? Concidence? I think not.

Yeah... it was so obvious it hurt a bit.

rupok93

And actually built up to it. Where DMC3's shadow battle thing just sort of happened... just because. But yeah, same thing.

Yeah... it was so obvious it hurt a bit.

Comon I think they just tried to spoof it which is pretty cool tbh.

Victormaru

Technologist
Comon I think they just tried to spoof it which is pretty cool tbh.
Being a big Bleach fan as I am, if I were to make a video game I'd probably throw in some Bleach references as well. Bleach is awesome. Vergil pretty much defeated his Hollow side to regain control, achieve the Mugetsu form (what we know as Nelo Angelo) and can utilize the Final Getsuga, or Doppelganger ability. Now DmC2 is where we're really going to witness Vergil's Bankai. :p

Nelo_Vergil

Being a big Bleach fan as I am, if I were to make a video game I'd probably throw in some Bleach references as well. Bleach is awesome. Vergil pretty much defeated his Hollow side to regain control, achieve the Mugetsu form (what we know as Nelo Angelo) and can utilize the Final Getsuga, or Doppelganger ability. Now DmC2 is where we're really going to witness Vergil's Bankai.

more like he beat his hollow n zangetsu into complete submission and took all they had to offer. he isn't mugetsu level. But he as of now just reached bankai dante bankaid in his inner world

Top Bottom