• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hollow Vergil

AngelMode

I made a quick video showing how to beat HV on VMD mode without taking damage (or too much damage). This boss fight can be a bit of a pain, especially in HAH mode... but I believe in HAH mode it is around the same level as in SOS. So it should be easier (as long as you don't get hit more than three times...)

Good luck.

Also, I noticed Vergil's Downfall is a bit harder than the main game. There is a couple of reasons for it... like Vergil not recovering health when in DT, more enemies for each wave (and checkpoints) or the fact that the chains are so much easier and straight forward to use, so (essentially) it is easier to stay in the air with Dante... Vergil is just ridiculously easy to JC 'cus you can literally JC whatever into... whatever... and it happens, and you can just mash the living hell out of your controller and stuff happens so... I dunno. I would like to see people's thoughts in this.

Ters

good to see that vergil's downfall delivers the same challenging, intense and original boss battles i've come to expect from DmC

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Haha thanks for this though I must have went through maybe..7 tries last night to beat this guy on VmD without using items(just my thing, I don't like using them :p) My problem was I tried too hard and fought him too cautiously when you need to be aggressive at times. My cautiousness only backfired. I will definitely take everything you show here into consideration when I replay VmD though o thank you for this.

AngelMode

Dat slomo finish

lol I did that on purpose :3

Though you can get a much better looking finish if you kill him with Drive because Vergil just stays in the air in slow mo and slams down at the end with Stomp. If one thing Vergil is got over Dante, is good looking finishers.

AngelMode

good to see that vergil's downfall delivers the same challenging, intense and original boss battles i've come to expect from DmC

Vergil's Downfall has been a hell for me. I cannot get the Wisp enemies attack patterns and the Witches are annoying as hell too, since you can only break her shield with summoned swords... which makes no sense to me D:

Haha thanks for this though I must have went through maybe..7 tries last night to beat this guy on VmD without using items(just my thing, I don't like using them :p) My problem was I tried too hard and fought him too cautiously when you need to be aggressive at times. My cautiousness only backfired. I will definitely take everything you show here into consideration when I replay VmD though o thank you for this.

No problem. But yeah, don't be too aggressive against this guy. Only be when he lets you XD

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Use Blistering Swords (X+A) on the Witches' protective orbs, while also firing your own normal summoned swords, it'll strip the shield almost immediately.

As for Wisps, they only have 2 form of attack; Short swipe and Long spin which they only use if you're too far from them. Luckily Demon pull prioritizes them over other enemies, so get them in quick, and attack them while you're protected by your own summoned swords. Try to get in a few Killer Bees and it's good night.

And yeah, Hollow Vergil is a pain. It's an... 'interesting' task trying to get SSS against Him on Heaven and Hell difficulty.

AngelMode

^ Use Blistering Swords (X+A) on the Witches' protective orbs, while also firing your own normal summoned swords, it'll strip the shield almost immediately.

As for Wisps, they only have 2 form of attack; Short swipe and Long spin which they only use if you're too far from them. Luckily Demon pull prioritizes them over other enemies, so get them in quick, and attack them while you're protected by your own summoned swords. Try to get in a few Killer Bees and it's good night.

And yeah, Hollow Vergil is a pain. It's an... 'interesting' task trying to get SSS against Him on Heaven and Hell difficulty.

Yeah, I know about the Blistering Swords. My usually strategy against Witches is take down their shields using that and then use the Spiral Swords which works kinda like the Aquila to hold her place while I use Divorce.... but this strategy seems kinda slow and it doesn't work very well when you have like three more Wisps all over you.

And yeah, my usually strategy with Wisps is JC some moves and wait until they get into that "rage" mode and I start JC'ing Killer Bee ftw. But thanks about their attacks, that helps, I thought they had like five different ones XD

And lol yeah.. I figure it would be like getting SSS in HOH's Vergil's boss fight... which I have no idea how to do :C

its easy to get SSS in heaven or hell you only need like 400 points. on him. Just use the blades attack tht launches him into air, most points in one hit. There you go SSS.

zarion

How do you do the Killer Bee cancelling? Still can't pull it off perfectly, I tend to swoosh over the enemy's head and off the platform at times.

TheNoHeartedBeing

Your health does recover while in doppelganger but it's really slow. I found hollow Vergil easy after I stopped spamming attacks and only attacked when he left an opening like when he does helmbreaker just dodge into the air and counter helmbreaker. Also the part where HVergil summoned swords around you was pretty annoying but I quickly learned the speed of the blades. To beat HVergil all you have to do is stay calm lm No need to spam attacks. Try not to finish combos because Vergils recovery time id pretty long

For wisp I just keep pulling them towards me and slashing away lol.

Also with the imprisoned I just went doppelganger and went to town on him spamming divorce lol. Guy didn't stand a chance.

TheNoHeartedBeing

Your health does recover while in doppelganger but it's really slow. I found hollow Vergil easy after I stopped spamming attacks and only attacked when he left an opening like when he does helmbreaker just dodge into the air and counter helmbreaker. Also the part where HVergil summoned swords around you was pretty annoying but I quickly learned the speed of the blades. To beat HVergil all you have to do is stay calm lm No need to spam attacks. Try not to finish combos because Vergils recovery time id pretty long

For wisp I just keep pulling them towards me and slashing away lol.

Also with the imprisoned I just went doppelganger and went to town on him spamming divorce lol. Guy didn't stand a chance.
imprisoner

AngelMode

How do you do the Killer Bee cancelling? Still can't pull it off perfectly, I tend to swoosh over the enemy's head and off the platform at times.

There is a balance you gotta get. If you JC Killer Bee too much, on some smaller enemies, Vergil will just kick over them eventually. You can combine your Killer Bee hits with Orbit because Orbit actually slightly brings Vergil down. That's what I basically do in this video if you pay close attention. When I'm low, I use Killer Bee and then Orbit when I'm too high above the enemy.

Your health does recover while in doppelganger but it's really slow.

Oh it does? I don't use doppelganger that much, I tend to use my DT bar for my swords more often.

vergilthedemonking

You guys got any other tips for the imprisoner without using the doppleganger and any tips for the spiked that burst from the ground when he attacks. They tend to get annoying sometimes

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
You guys got any other tips for the imprisoner without using the doppleganger and any tips for the spiked that burst from the ground when he attacks. They tend to get annoying sometimes

Yeah just stay very mobile and in the air a lot like you would playing Dante in DmC. You can jump then trick up then even use his regular evade(like to call it dash) in the air and once you did all of that you can instantly trick down then back up to get out of harms way. I usually just get as high as I can and spam a few of those angel mode ranged heavy spiral sword attacks. I apologize but I cannot remember the name of it today and it's killing me. Once you do that a few times you can repeat that or get in close range and do some damage. If you have also upgraded some of Vergil's moves you can even knock it into the air if you get the timing just right. Sorry I would list the skills I am mentioning but I am away from my computer today and cannot jump in game yet to tell ya. I'll edit this soon though with the appropriate names.

Victormaru

Technologist
Loved the video! That was pretty badass. I swear when I first fought Hollow Vergil on Devil Hunter, he would just teleport out of the way every time I tried doing the Helm Breaker Jump Cancel loop on him in the air and I'd only get like maybe three or four reps. I'm guessing they give you a lot more air time to combo in Vergil Must Die due to Hollow Vergil having a lot more health?

Top Bottom