• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hitman Absolution Run For Your Life Playthrough

Dark Drakan

Admin
hitmanabsolutionlogo500.jpg

Thanks to the guys at Machinima.com for the video, it shows Agent 47 unarmed and being hunted down by the police...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Having never played any of the Hitman games im really interested in seeing how this one ends up.

FatDemon

The part where you must pass by all the other cops disguised as a one it's just tooooo cool. Shame I never got to finish the past Hitman games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I hope they have stuck to the 'having to think your way out of situations' mechanic also from past games rather than opting for the shooter route all the time. Im hoping it has as many choices as previous ones and alternate paths and ways to accomplish goals. Like i said id never played any previous titles but ive heard lots about them and that appealed to me a lot.

FatDemon

I hope they have stuck to the 'having to think your way out of situations' mechanic also from past games rather than opting for the shooter route all the time. Im hoping it has as many choices as previous ones and alternate paths and ways to accomplish goals. Like i said id never played any previous titles but ive heard lots about them and that appealed to me a lot.
You like that seeing through walls thingy ? To me it doesn't look very Hitmanish, it would make the gameplay kinda easy

Dark Drakan

Admin
You like that seeing through walls thingy ? To me it doesn't look very Hitmanish, it would make the gameplay kinda easy

Its meant to be 'instinct' and its a game mechanic rather than a get out easy card and id imagine its limited to a bar that has to recharge so you cant use it all the time. It would be a godsend in awkward situations, nothing worse than getting really far in a level only to peer around a corner at the wrong time and be spotted or terrain making it impossible to see around.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I liked the seeing around corners/through walls thing. But I agree with Dark Drakan, it's probably going to be of limited use. Would really help in real rough issues. Like a save your bacon option, if you are able to use it. So it might not necessarily save your ass all the time, if you're not able to access it when you want or when you may actually need it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The gameplay looks great, but it looks too similar with Splinter Cell: Conviction, in many ways. I hope that it will have one or two unique and original gameplay mechanics that separates the game itself with Splinter Cell: Conviction. Fortunately, they retained the game's disguise mechanics.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The disguise mechanics are brilliant. I like how at the end of the clip it makes you feel as if the cop has noticed Agent 47, only to have it turn out that he thought he was somebody else. And that last line, "I never left". Brilliantly done.

Oh, didn't know it was similar to another game =/

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The disguise mechanics are brilliant. I like how at the end of the clip it makes you feel as if the cop has noticed Agent 47, only to have it turn out that he thought he was somebody else. And that last line, "I never left". Brilliantly done.

Oh, didn't know it was similar to another game =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBsRx-RYPTk

The controls and game style of both games are strikingly similar, other than few key differences in both games at the moment.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks for the link =)

I think Splinter Cell Conviction looks like it's made too easy with the abilities you get. Like, instantly killing two people with head-shots (Doesn't seem as challenging). I could see the similarities within the first forty seconds of that trailer. I hope Hitman has a few key features that separate it from being to similar to this game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The gameplay looks great, but it looks too similar with Splinter Cell: Conviction, in many ways. I hope that it will have one or two unique and original gameplay mechanics that separates the game itself with Splinter Cell: Conviction. Fortunately, they retained the game's disguise mechanics.

Much less gadgets than Splinter Cell thats for sure, it will likely be a mix of Splinter Cell and Deus Ex Human Revolutions steath mechanics which is no bad thing.

Top Bottom