• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hitman Absolution introducing Agent 47

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hitman-Absolution1.jpg
Square Enix released a new video showing off some gameplay in I/O Interactive's upcoming Hitman Absolution today. I have to say its looking really impressive and thats coming from someone who hasnt owned ANY of the Hitman titles.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I would love to see a Hitman/Dark Knight cross over.
And is it me or is square enix has their hands on everything.

Square Enix have some very strong franchises in the bag currently yeah. Deus Ex Human Revolution was great too and they had a big hand in its reboot/revival.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It does look sweet i've seen some videos that doesn't shine a good light on it.

It managed a 89/100 Metacritic average and had sold 2.18 million copies across all platforms as of September 2011. Only criticism of the game I ever had was the boss fights are poor, other than that I loved every minute of it and want to play it again.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Awesome, are there unlockale rewards ? Is it a reboot or continuation ?

Its essentially a prequel set 25 years before the first game, only reason I used the term reboot was because Deus Ex (original was released 12 years ago) and Invisible War was 9 years ago so many people would never have played any. I owned the original but was too young to appreciate it at the time but it was great. It has a perk/skill tree that you gain unlocks too and advance skills like an RPG.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Oh okay so it's kinda like Square Enix rewrote it enough to say it's there's then ?

Well they only developed the CGI for the game, it was mainly developed by Eidos Montreal. A branch of Eidos published the originals so they have always had a hand in it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
lol never thought there'd be a day when the company that's known for RPGs is doing better then Capcom.

Well Square Enix took over Eidos in a deal thats thought to be worth around £84.3 million meaning they will acquire a share in the Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex, Thief and Legacy of Kain franchises. With Deus Ex doing well again and being a worldwide hit & talk of a sequel and Hitman returning and looking better than ever along with Thief 4 coming soon too and the hype is getting huge for that its looking good for them. Rumours of the Legacy of Kain series returning recently too, they are all feathers in the hat for them and if they can help get all the franchises going again it will be huge for the gaming industry as there are some heavy hitters in there.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Very true, square saw an opportunity to revive those titles & they took it. Imagine if square got a hold of DevilMayCry, would the DMC-Reboot be the same.

Depends really as Capcom gave Ninja Theory a plan and they kept pushing them to change things and be more daring. I prefer when new developers are given the chance to develop the titles for them to have free reign of their own ideas and enough of a nostalgic feel to get fans of the older games excited too. Deus Ex was a great mix of the two, with new ideas and new features to go with new engine but levelling and choice aspect felt like the Deus Ex of old.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I like new ideas & from new developers but continuing the storyline, evoling the characters rather then re-design rewriting & rebooting titles in their name, i become less of a fan then.

Asking for trouble when you take characters people know and love and change them. Ninja Theory also knew that and didnt want to but Capcom pushed them too. Just using them as an example as most merely try and evolve an already established character or include new characters (Adam Jensen from Deus Ex).

Dark Drakan

Admin
Square is doing that with TombRaider as well. I'm happy the name TombRaider isn't dead but with all the movie comic anime & game reboots, it's gotten to a point they've just become nothing more then a name to me. I'm tire of seeing the saw origin told 20different ways with every other developer writer or director's spin just so they can call it theirs.
If Deus Ex is continuing & evolving the story & characters i'm totally behind it. And Hitman Absolution looks that way too, continuing what has already been started & it's more interesting to me.

Lara's image was changed for multiple reasons over the years but franchise continues and they are trying to find a good medium. If it had kept all the original concepts it would be feeling really dated now so I see the problems they are having with it. I really want to see a new Deus Ex and where they are going to take it and having not owned any of the Hitman games the new one is really interesting me.

Top Bottom