• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

hidden mission numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
has everyone noticed how in the movie before the mission start, the number of that mission is shown in a special way? here are the ones i know or can remember:
-mission 3(the demons burnt by lady's moterbike fall to form the number 3)
-mission 5(one of the bloodgoyles dante attacks hits a wall making a 5 shaped bloodstain)
-mission 6-(lady's rocket blast leaves a black mark on the floor in the shape of a 6)
-mission 7(dante wipes the blood from his forehead on the wall which drips down and makes a 7)
-mission 10(when arkham gets stabbed his blood falls on his book and makes the 10)
-mission 11(the blood marks beneath arkham where he has dragged himself along make 11)
-mission 12(jester rides a 12 through the hole in the roof)
-mission 14(the camera looks down the hole vergil fell through to reveal a 14 in the wall)
-mission 15(right at the end of the cutscene a plant comes into view that is in the shape of a 15)
-mission 17(right at the end the camera zooms out and turns to reveal a slice of the cliff in the shape of 17)
-mission 18(a newspaper flies past the screen fast but has a large, bold 18 on it)
-mission 19(i think that lady is sitting in a position that looks like 19- her right leg is the 1 and she has her arms in a sort of circle above her left leg to be the 9)
-mission 20(the most obvious one. right at the end you can see a huge 20 in the sky)

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Some more:

Mission 1: Written on one of the snooker balls.
Mission 8: Look at the moon!
Mission 9: Written on the bullets, as they are 9mm bullets, and the sideways view of Temi-ni-gru looks like a 9 as well.

Edge

Carver of Demons
I guess I'm gonna have to do some hard searching for numbers, in mission 2, 13, and 16. Pretty sure I've seen the one for 13, though.

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
a couple you missed
1: on the pizza box aswell as on the billiard ball
2: on the red tattered flag above vergils head

thats all i can remember though

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
2, 4(still got to check this one out- not that i dont believe you hamshanks;)), 13 and 16 left!! keep looking!!

contains big big spoilers!!!

i fount all of them from wikipedia (i know its not the 'honest gamer' way but who cares) straight from the text, here they are:
* Mission 1: On the pizza box is a 1. Also, the billiard ball which flies over Dante's shoulder is the 1 ball.
* Mission 2: Behind Dante is a billboard. On it is a 2.
* Mission 3: Lady leaves burning Hell demons that fall into the shape of a 3 on the road.
* Mission 4: The tattered flag above Vergil's head.
* Mission 5: The blood of a Bloodgoyle on the wall oozes in the form of a 5.
* Mission 6: The rocket explosion leaves number 6 on the ground.
* Mission 7: Dante wipes blood off his forehead and wipes it on the wall. The blood forms a small 7.
* Mission 8: When Dante steps towards the edge of Temen-ni-gru, near the pillar, in the backdrop is the 8 etched into the moon.
* Mission 9: As Lady shoots, a 9mm shell casing falls to the ground (it should be noted that on the shell it also says "Lucia", an obvious reference to the DMC2 character of that name) . Also, When Leviathan falls from the sky, The temen-ni-gru looks like a sideways 9.
* Mission 10: The blood which falls on the book Arkham holds.
* Mission 11: Arkham's dragged feet make a bloody 11 on the floor.
* Mission 12: The device Jester is raised in the air on is a 12.
* Mission 13: When Vergil attempts to perform the ritual, a 13 is carved in the wall.
* Mission 14: The 14 is carved into the pit wall where Vergil fell.
* Mission 15: Before you fight the fallen, dante will walk to a door. In front of the door is a bush in the shape of a 15.
* Mission 16: When Dante's devil trigger goes haywire, he will shoot some Prides. The sparks from his gun make a 16.
* Mission 17: As Arkham looks to the sky, the rocks in the lower corner form a 17.
* Mission 18: Written on a scrap of newspaper as Dante ascends into the Demon Realm.
* Mission 19: The bookshelf forms a 19 in the blank spaces (without books).
* Mission 20: On the pan-out shot after Lady kills Arkham. The number 20 is displayed in the hazy clouds in the screen's center.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
I have taken it up on myself to make this walkthrough with the Images and the Numbers so they are here for your reference OK, so here they are.

Mission 1

Mission01small.jpg

Mission 2

Mission02small.jpg

Mission 3

Mission03small.jpg

Mission 4

Mission04small.jpg

Mission 5

Mission05small.jpg

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Mission 16

Mission16small.jpg

Mission 17

Mission17small.jpg

Mission 18

Mission18small.jpg

Mission 19

Mission19small.jpg

Mission 20

Mission20small.jpg

If you can't notice any of them, I will point them out for you. OK. Hopefully this will help any people who don't know where the Hidden Numbers are.

Note : I would've included them all in one post, but we are limited to 5 Images per post. Thus I had to spread the 20 Images over 4 Messages, hope you don't mind.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
pinky750;15820 said:
has everyone noticed how in the movie before the mission start, the number of that mission is shown in a special way? here are the ones i know or can remember:
-mission 3(the demons burnt by lady's moterbike fall to form the number 3)
-mission 5(one of the bloodgoyles dante attacks hits a wall making a 5 shaped bloodstain)
-mission 6-(lady's rocket blast leaves a black mark on the floor in the shape of a 6)
-mission 7(dante wipes the blood from his forehead on the wall which drips down and makes a 7)
-mission 10(when arkham gets stabbed his blood falls on his book and makes the 10)
-mission 11(the blood marks beneath arkham where he has dragged himself along make 11)
-mission 12(jester rides a 12 through the hole in the roof)
-mission 14(the camera looks down the hole vergil fell through to reveal a 14 in the wall)
-mission 15(right at the end of the cutscene a plant comes into view that is in the shape of a 15)
-mission 17(right at the end the camera zooms out and turns to reveal a slice of the cliff in the shape of 17)
-mission 18(a newspaper flies past the screen fast but has a large, bold 18 on it)
-mission 19(i think that lady is sitting in a position that looks like 19- her right leg is the 1 and she has her arms in a sort of circle above her left leg to be the 9)
-mission 20(the most obvious one. right at the end you can see a huge 20 in the sky)

u could miss some Missions.........like the beginning..........can u see the mission 1 or 2??

Dark Elf

Dagger user
In PS 2 version I saw mission number 1 on the billiard ball. In PC version it hadn't had any numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom