• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hey guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
Hello,
As you probably guessed, I am new to this forum. I usually hang out at the Sons of Sparda forum under this same name.
I am currently writing a DMC movie. You might have already heard of DMC: sins remembered and DMC: the tears of Sparda. Both of these are FAN films, don't get me wrong, I am a FREAKING FAN of DMC, I have loved it from the beginning. But I am hoping to contact Capcom or Gaga communications and at least have them take a look at my script. If anyone should reject my script I'd rather have it be one of them!
As for the script itself, it is a prequel to ALL the DMC games. It blends some aspects of the first novel ( Tony redgrave, Gilver, but the non-canon elements are removed or replaced) with the DMC 3 manga ( The discovery of vergil being alive etc etc) as well as my own additions to the story.
I have a sound theory involving video game movies. You change too much and you get DOOM or Resident Evil, but if you change too little you get mortal Kombat: annihilation...ouch...BUT! if you get it just right...you get something of the quality of the Lord of the Rings ( I couldn't give a video game example because there hasn't been anything that good, YET!)
Hoopefully my story will be well received and loved by DMC fans as well as capture the imaginations of those new to the DMC world

see you guys around
-Ry

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Holy Crappo Be-Jesus of Marony-another one from SoS?! Jesus H Christ how many do we have now? Me, Steven, Vordan, Hustla and now another! lol Hey, I am KoRn_Dowwg666, but please call me Korn! Wwelcome to the forum, obey the rules and have fun!

PS. All of us here are DMC nuts aswell!

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
I love the novel!]
its too bad its not considered canon...that's why I am working so hard to reconcile it with the rest of the DMC storyline. I love the way Dante/Tony gets Ebony and Ivory...hopefully everyone will like my script...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah novel is great. I have only managed to see the storyline and some reviews rather than the actual thing, but still, even the front page is Great;)

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
I too had only read reviews and descriptions of the novel until I read it sometime last year. It was different than I expected but it was twice as good! strangely enough, I started writing the script BEFORE I read the book! fortunately I was fairly close!
BUt as I said before, things need to be changed. Dante's age for instance, my script will take place before DMC 3 and the manga...so he'll be roughly around 17 or 18
and Gilver won't be revealed as Vergil to anyone but the audience

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hey Gilver, welcome to the Devil May Cry community forums! ;)

Tyles

Welcome to our DMC Community, Gilver. I hope you have a fun time here, so enjoy your stay.

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
Thanks for making me feel so welcome! you guys rock!

If you guys want, I can treat you to a small piece of my script. Anyone from the SOS forum might recognize it, but its still a nice part of the story (nice meaning totally Bad@$$)

I'll get it up ASAP
see you guys around

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
I didn't know where else to ask this, but I needed to explain Dante's infinite ammo thing for my movie. I figured the shotgun wasn't important enough to bother letting it have infinite ammo. But Ebony and Ivory NEED a good explaination, I was thinking a curse or spell...maybe Dante put it on them so they could have infinite ammo, I dunno. what do you think?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well,it is rather a difficult decision. If you take into account the guns that Sparda used (Luce and Ombra) which were similar, we should consider that firing unstoppable has something in common with how Vergil is able to use the Astral Swords. Since both of those have an infinite ammount of ammo we should consider that since Vergil uses part of his DT for the greater powers of the Astral Swords, Dante used those custom made guns to eliminate that disadvantage. Since he can still provide unlimited bullets, like Vergil provides ulimited number of Astral Swords. The difference is that since he uses the guns as a medium to execute all those stylish moves that we see, he escapes the disadvantage of losing DT for the greater moves. Like Nightmare-Beta which is definately a demonic sword, we should consider Ebony&Ivory like their predeccessor Luce & Ombra, having a kind of power who uses slight demonic power to make the bullets unlimited and also increase their power a lot when Dante actually DT's. (The main example is how Griffon was eliminated quickly by them by using Ifrit DT;) ). I think we could it's a trait of the Sparda family, that Dante hadn't realized since even though he learn how to properly DT in DMC3, he had those powers even in the manga which is before of it by one year as we can see^_^
Probably you can use the pictures in the guns in some way too, give it a thought;)

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
hmm...gosh its confusing, :lol:
but I see what you mean, actually I was going to have a few explainations behind Ebony and Ivory. One being the design themselves, I was thinking that Dante/Tony had a picture of Sparda holding Luce and Umbra, and he had also drawn up some plans for copies of them but he hadn't decided on a name. Goldstein at one point would see them and decide to make them for him, but she names them Ebony and Ivory after her favorite song or something. Then I was going to explain the infinite ammo...which seems to be VERY confusing :wacko: , making it a trait of the Sparda family would be had to express on film, that's why I was leaning towards the spell or curse explanation...hmm...maybe I'll spend some time thinking about all this more, lol
thanx for the help!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hm, how about they were made from the actual Luce & Ombra themselves?
Demons attacked Sparda family...Eva died, Dante was hiding, Vergil escapes, Demons for hunting appeared for her, the building probably collapsed or sth...and she made some modifications:)

Np, keep up the good work,sorry for the confusing part:lol:

Gilver

Blood Vengeance
I have a purely beautiful scene about the night Eva dies and Vergil disappears, although Eva dying isn't beautiful...lol, its sad..

But I think the idea of Ebony and Ivory being made from Luce and Umbra is pretty cool, but I don't think it would support the fact that Dante somewhat resents his father. Its already bad enough that he would have designed ebony and Ivory after Sparda's guns...maybe THAT could be why he didn't make them in the first place...interesting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom