• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Guys, I need serious help on Very Hard mode, stage 17. Doppleganger is only killing me! And well, I need stratergies.=]
I tried to use Quicksilver, so when I have to crack the lights open, I use Quicksilver and do it, and whilst everything is still frozen, I hit him. But, that seems to take quite long, by getting my DT. Any other stratergies?:\

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Please do check this before starting a new thread.

As for help. Here's what I do. I count how many hits the switches want for starting to light up the place. I do all the hits except one, and when he wants to attack me and approaches I do the final hit which makes him vulnerable. It requires patience but it works;)

Chrysander

My main advice for dealing with him is to lure him to you by stepping out of the light and into a shadowed part of the arena. He will follow you, and then you should bust the shutter when he is near you, and he is stunned. But then be sure to quickly move onto the next shutter before he recovers - so that he follows you there. If you stand in the light for any period of time, he won't follow you and instead he will just seal up one of the open shutters. So you have to make sure that you take advantage of the times that he is stunned, and move quickly to the next shutter. Once all shutters are done, then you get to pummel him properly, and then start again. So basically, be sure to always be in the shadows while he is active, so that he doesn't get a chance to seal anything. He will always prioritize coming after you rather than sealing the shutter, so long as you are in the shadows.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
But, sometimes, even if you do jump when he attacks you, he still sometimes attacks me. That, is frustrating. But, if I do go in to open the shutters to release light, he will attack me and go back by the time the light is released. And then, he will go back and turn one light off. I put it on, he turns the other off. It goes on over and over again.

Chrysander

DemonSlayer6;52735 said:
But, sometimes, even if you do jump when he attacks you, he still sometimes attacks me. That, is frustrating. But, if I do go in to open the shutters to release light, he will attack me and go back by the time the light is released. And then, he will go back and turn one light off. I put it on, he turns the other off. It goes on over and over again.

You need to run to a closed shutter (which will be in the shadows). If you're using trickster, you can use a dash to get there quickly. The main thing is to get into the shadows as quick as you can, and to a closed shutter. Alternately you can use the Stinger with Rebellion or a similar move to get you to the shutter. You should be able to hit the shutter once or twice whilst he charges at you. When he is near, jump, and use your hand guns to stay in the air out of the way. Once you see that he has finished his attack underneath you, use a downwards attack like rebellion's or beowulf, so that you come straight down again and hit the shutter. If that hasn't broken the shutter, then wait and see what he does. If he has jumped back to the centre, then stay where you are and hit the shutter some more, and then when he comes close jump again and stay in the air with the handguns. If, on the other hand, he doesn't jump back to the middle and just stays with you, then jump out the way again straight away, and then come down again with a downwards attack when it is safe. Do not go into the light, stay in the shadows. Eventually the shutter will break and then you can quickly move onto the next one. If you're getting hit in midair, then use a double jump to get even higher; I don't think he has any attacks which can hit you when you're that high.

The reason he turns lights off is because you're standing in the light. If you are in the shadows when he is idle, he will always come for you, so don't stand in the light when he is idle. If the shutters close automatically, it means you've taken too long - however you don't need to open all shutters, you can just do him with one shutter at a time. Lure him to a shutter, open it, hit him 3 or 4 times, scoot to the next shutter, lure him in, break it, get another 3 or 4 hits etc. Even if the shutters get closed, he'll eventually die from this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom