• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help poor Dante!

Open him up, or not?

• Total voters

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I got really excited the other day 'cuz I'd never seen this in the UK before -

fig.jpg

In a moment of madness I bought him, even tho I told myself years ago to stop buying random videogame things and grow up.

I know my boyfriend would think I was crazy and go mad, 'cuz we're saving for a mortgage on a house (how grown up is that!)

Anyway I showed him to my boyfriend (who later said he wouldn't have noticed if I'd just put him in my random figurines cupboard, so I could have got away with it! >_<)

He say's I should leave him 'mint' in the packaging and not open it......but....I wanna open it and have a look and put him on my desk! He says he'll be really annoyed at me if I don't keep him in the box. :(

What would you do? Open him up, or leave him all sad and lonely in the packaging looking back at me! (It is really cool packing by the way!) Help me decide?!

Meg

Awww! Look at that face. He's so sad and alone in the box. :( He needs some love.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Do whatever you want Ebony.Worst case scenario,wait for your BF to calm down and then open the package.Until then...store it somewhere safe and find the lost money one way or another,he will forget all about it!;)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Thanks DB, that makes sense. :D

Yeah, Credo you get extra hands.....lemme see.....the extra hands are posed so he can hole his guns that are in there too. Man! I must resist the urge to open, I'll probably loose one of the hands anyway, or the cat will eat it or something!

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I say leave him in his pretty packaging, nicely stick him in a cuboard somewhere for a bit...Until he's off the radar from your BF then WHAM! Take Dante out his plastic prison and give him lots of hug 'n' lovin' later. Resist the urge! I know Dante is itchin' to break free...but when the time is right he will have lots moar fun... ;) :wub:

fon

Crazy Chick
If you want to open him, don't throw away the box. That way you can store him back when you need to ^^
If you don't want it to look too obvious, try to open the box from the bottom.
Unfortunately, I don't own these action figures of Dante or Nero yet so i'm quite unsure of how the box'll look like if you do that.

The only figures that should stay mint are blister packaged ones, ie the ones you can't reseal Dx

Captain Ren

Tribble
all my figures are out of the boxes. do you plan to see if it'll get value and then sell it when you're like 70 year old? xD

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I'm not planning on keeping him in the box for value, I think thats what my BF thinks! Thanks everyone, at the minute he's still in his box. :(

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I opened up my Vergil statue then packed him back away in his box.
A good job really, or else he would've been covered in paint this weekend.
So, take him out, give him a hug and put him back.

Sin Scythe

Blessed by Death
Premium
Let him get some fresh air! :p

Normally I throw away packaging, unless it looks nice. That packaging looks nice. ;)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha! Thanks everyone. All my other DMC stuff is out of the packaging, in a box, in a cupboard in the spare room. Pretty unloved I'd say :( i thought this Dante would be different, but I probably will look at him out of the packaging, then put him back in the box and put him in the cupboard. :(

Being a grown up sucks!
Ooooooor I shouldv'e bought 2!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Haha, I know this one. My real father has a roomful of toys and things unopened that we as kids were only ever allowed to look at but not touch. Because it all had to stay mint for value (and then he sold it all on I assume later). I never saw the point in buying toys if you can't have a good look at them. Reminds me of Toy Story 2.

I've got quite a few rare toys and I've opened all of them. I've discovered that sure, the value is highest if the box is fully sealed but if the item is rare enough and in good condition anyway, it's not as though you can't sell it. Someone will always be willing to buy opened ones when all the mints are unbuyable.

I don't want to sell mine anyway. I bought them so I could have them on display. Which reminds me, FFX Bahamut No.1 (which took me two years to find) should be up on the shelf not still packed away from when I moved...

Vergil and Dante are in the living room with Kimahri, getting dusty.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Awww I'm not allowed mine in the living room. I definitely don't want to sell him either, ( a Dante is for life! lol) so I'll probably put him somewhere and hope my boyfriend forgets about it ;)

Top Bottom