• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help me about my PC

extrahard

Help me I'm going to install DMC4 but my system maybe not meet the recommended system I got, What will happen in to my PC if I will ignore the recommended system and continue install DMC4 ? Read my system below the red font is the one who failed, and the rest is not.

My System Specs:

CPU: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz
CPU Speed: 1.60 GHz Performance Rated at 2.87 GHz (DMC4 Recommends 3.0 Ghz)
System RAM: 512 MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Video Card Features
Video RAM: 256 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: 3.0
Video Card Driver Version (DirectX): 6.14.11.7519
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Sound Card Driver Version: 5.10
Free Disk Space: 80GB HDD (25GB Free Space)

Sparda™

The best suggestion and the most obvious, would be to have an upgraded system overall.

Put a Core 2 Duo Intel Processor with speed up to 2.4 GHz. RAM seems OK, but a 1 GB one wouldn't hurt.

The Video Card seems fine.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Is that a laptop? Cos, it seems that way.. >.>

Well i guess it can run the game, just not at the best visual/performance, due to the V-card mainly, since it`s an low-end, but i`m not saying it won`t work, the game supports your model. So just try running the game without any worries, check the FPS, set the visual configuration to an optimal so that you get at least 25-30 FPS (it`s playable), don`t forgoet there`s always windowed mode, so you if you connect the PC to a TV you should see the game screen quite big. And don`t worry about your PC, if it won`t be able to handle it it, it`ll just lag a lot, most likely...

extrahard

Well, thanks for the help. I'll try, maybe the video card is my ace, if processor can't. Because it just 0.13 Mhz in difference of my 2.87 Ghz to 3.0 Ghz.

l1kel1ke

'1.60 GHz Performance Rated at 2.87 GHz (DMC4 Recommends 3.0 Ghz)'

that does not mean anything. Mine says its rated at 8.5Ghz but multicore processors don't 'stack' like that. Your individual core clock speed is what matters (in your case 1.60GHz, and DMC4 recommends 3.0) I'd say you need at least 2.6GHz for smooth gameplay without slowdown at most points

You can probably carry the game pretty far on medium to high considering how well optimized it is, but you should probably upgrade if you want to play it on all out high settings as its meant to be, and other games as well (yeah I know, PC modification is an expensive hobby :/)

anyway, there's no harm in installing and trying it out =) good luck

EDIT: Oh, you're gonna need WAY more RAM than 512 if u wanna play games from the last 3 years 0.o

Top Bottom