• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hellsing!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm not downplaying someone if you've read my post carefully i said "protagonist" not "hero" or "anti-hero"
think about it what does he do when he's not killing zombies/ghouls and vampires sitting on a chair in a dark basement drinking blood ?
>>

LOL and what does the CV version of Dracula do all day?

Sit in his thrown room looking at the wall and drinking blood?

The only difference here is that while the CV Dracula has a nice thrown room the Hellsing version has a dark dungeon.

For the most part they do the same thing when they aren't off killing things so nice try but try again lol.

And he is a "anti-hero" as I pointed out in my post.

Here is the definition,

"is generally considered to be a protagonist whose personality can be perceived as being villainous and heroic at the same time, in contrast to the more perpetually noble characteristics of an archetypal hero."

So while he is "techinically' the protagonist, the more accurate term for his character is obviously "anti hero" since he is perfectly willing to be villainous and evil when the situation calls for it while also being heroic when the time calls for it.

So my assessment earlier about him not being your "typical" protagonist is still spot on.

And sorry about posting that dated vid of Dracula,

I really don't care much for the pachislot Castlevania games and thus did not remember them lol.

So I decided to choose between Curse of Darkness Dracula or Judgement Dracula which are the only 2 more recent 3.D Dracula's I could think of (besides LOS Gabriel) and I thought it would be in bad taste to post the Obata's Judgement redesigned Dracula

But even after seeing that video I still would say Hellsing's Dracula is better by a large margin.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
LOL and what does the CV version of Dracula do all day?

Sit in his thrown room looking at the wall and drinking blood?

The only difference here is that while the CV Dracula has a nice thrown room the Hellsing version has a dark dungeon.

For the most part they do the same thing when they aren't off killing things so nice try but try again lol.

And he is a "anti-hero" as I pointed out in my post.

Oh man since when did our topic change to Alucard being protagonist ??

He's an Anti-hero Protagonist simple as that when did i ever mention about him not being Anti-hero ??

I Know what CV's Dracula does he abducts beautiful girls to amuse himself everyday or night and if he even gets bored of that he lures knights and other vampire hunters to his castle to entertain himself !

Now what's more entertaining to watch then vampire hunters fight the monsters ?? I bet he does it for entertainment since He doesn't know anything about netflix or dishtv

On the other hand Alucard has to live in pain,anxiety of his past also the fact that he has to wait every second for the order from Ms-glowing glasses

Seriously Dracula had wayyy more fun than Alucard i guess that's why his name is "Alucard" he's now living his worst nightmare ever being controlled by a human

Well again when did i say that i don't accept him as a good Character ?? he actually quite different and more human Dracula

I wasn't comparing Castlevania Series from the very beginning

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I wasn't comparing Castlevania Series from the very beginning

really?

This line kinda gave me the impression you where.

I played so many castlevania games and watched those old Dracula movies that idea is kinda riveted to my head lol

And Dracula only abducted girls in Rondo of Blood and Harmony of Dissonance, Only 2 I repeat 2 Castlevania games. so its not really like its a hobby of his or anything lol.

And Alucard for fun likes to go out and slay countless vampires and humans alike.

So as far as a evil guy having "fun" goes, I think Alucard is having more fun what with the countless killings lol.

But whatever, I have no problem with you liking the Castlevania Dracula over this one.

Your entitled to your opinion, but I just did not like to see what I thought as you downplaying Alucard's character.

it may have not been your intention but thats how I saw it.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I really can't see how you (Donte) perceive Alucard to live his worst nightmare. From what I see he is proud and eager to follow Integra's orders. He's happier than you make him out to be. Sure he's not Dante, on that I'll agree, but he's not that desperate either. If he was he would commit suicide or go sleep again or whatever.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
really?

it may have not been your intention but thats how I saw it.

I wasn't Comparing i was just referring to other Dracula counterparts

Well its just a game so they can't make every game like mario and what gives you the idea that he only abducts once in a while ??
he must be doing it for his amusement all the time until the belmonts start annoying him

Well TBH i don't think he's really having that fun he's just doing what he did when he did 200 years ago and still doing the same it must get boring hands down i gotta go with the classic Dracula here he has his free will he does whatever he wants to amuse himself regardless of any "Orders" or "Levels"

I really can't see how you (Donte) perceive Alucard to live his worst nightmare. From what I see he is proud and eager to follow Integra's orders. He's happier than you make him out to be. Sure he's not Dante, on that I'll agree, but he's not that desperate either. If he was he would commit suicide or go sleep again or whatever.

Seriously @tony think again

An Evil Embodiment of darkness Count Dracula himself working under humans beings for like 200 years
isn't that a nightmare for him ? sure he's pleased in blood fights but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have his free will

its an insult for him and his powers he can't commit suicide because he's a slave unless the master lets him do it he can't do it

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Just as ToCool said, Dracula from hellsing is the best incarnation of dracula by far.He is the reason why i have liked vampires again.Vampires in my opinion, are not inferior to demons,devils nor satan.I might also add werewolves are their worthy foes.

Also dracula belmont from LoS looks like a bit from the dracula of hellsing.Another reason why i also like the incarnation of dracula in LoS.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Is it just me or Does Integra looks more likable in the Manga ??

hellsing-317582.jpg

Not only Integra but Also Alucard looks more Dynamic in Manga

hellsing-317606.jpg

DAMN why can't they just make it like Manga ?? Another anime series which isn't true to the art style of manga

Top Bottom