• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Razer

Drifter
Compared to the different types of enemy you got in dmc1 I think hells in dmc are good but are kind of samey asthetically. Maybe im just being picky i dunno. what do you think?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No you are right. Instead of creating 7 different types of the same guy they could just do what they did with DMC1's Marionette. Almost identical appearance but different weapons and random moves. After all both had an upgraded type of them. Marionette's upgrade was Fetish and 7Hells had Hell Vanguard.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
To be honest I like the hells - I like the way they all have differences to match the seven sins, yet all have a kind of unity that makes them look ok when theyre together.

Marionettes were cool in DMC1, but I don't think they'd work with DMC3's layout. They had a kind of creepyness that matched the castle on Mallet island.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
There is one good about the hells. You can hit them as much as you want without having the fear of a counter-attack that Marionette usually do.:p

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I liked both the Marionettes and the Hell~ enemies. Maybe I'm just odd! :p

The only enemies I couldn't stand in Devil May Cry 3 were those Blood Goyles... so tedious.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Enemies I hate in DMC3 are Soul Eaters and Enigmas on the later difficulties. The Soul Eaters are a nightmare when put alongside other enemies, and Enigmas start firing those awful red arrows. *shudders*

tettora

I liked the 'feeling' of the marionettes, very atmospheric, can't really describe what I'm trying to think of.
Agree with the goyles, remember first time encountering them, I went round like a maniac slashing, wondering why they kept multiplying lol.

Devil Razer

Drifter
Blood goyles really really annoy me.

But the one type of hell that gets on my nerves has to be greeds. Damn them and their spawning ability.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
tettora;63155 said:
Agree with the goyles, remember first time encountering them, I went round like a maniac slashing, wondering why they kept multiplying lol.

LOL!!! That happend to me too, then I just started bustin caps in em. I guess that's what I get for not reading their bio.

As for the Marionettes, I could NOT stand those @$$whole ones that would go stand out of view of the screen and shoot me with a shotgun. And here I am for the first time blasting my own shotgun and all of a sudden a quarter of my life dissapears! I thought my bullet had ricochet onto me or something. Then I hear a shot that I didn't fire and another quarter of my life dissapears and im like, "What the hell!"

Took me a minute to figure it out. They always seem to hide from the screen. >_>

The only thing I didn't like about the hells was that they didn't spill blood. They had that sand or dust bulls**t. XD

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Vergilissexy;63173 said:
As for the Marionettes, I could NOT stand those @$$whole ones that would go stand out of view of the screen and shoot me with a shotgun. And here I am for the first time blasting my own shotgun and all of a sudden a quarter of my life dissapears! I thought my bullet had ricochet onto me or something. Then I hear a shot that I didn't fire and another quarter of my life dissapears and im like, "What the hell!"

Is it just me that never sees Marionettes with shotguns? I always hear of them, but never see them.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, that's what I mean. They're always hinding off the screen they're like 20 miles away from the other ones, the cowards. (Well, 20 feet to be more exact)

Devil Razer

Drifter
i think ive encountered them. is it when your surrounded by a much of maionettes and you suddenly hear a bang and you fall to the floor? :p

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Yeah I know what you mean about them feeling 'solid', its a shame the newer enemies dont seem to capture that. Theyre great otherwise though.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Devil Razer;63260 said:
i think ive encountered them. is it when your surrounded by a much of maionettes and you suddenly hear a bang and you fall to the floor? :p

Yeeeuuup, that's them. XD

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
In DMC3 I also hated the Blood Goyles and Soul Eaters! the Enigma's were kind of okay, but on Very Hard they all just kept sliding backwards away from me. :lol:

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Yeah, on VH / DMD, Enigmas and Soul Eaters are the worst enemies of all! Enigmas fire those red arrows and slide away all the time, very frustrating, and Soul Eaters always seem to be placed in rooms with enemies like Hell Vanguards, and they always pick me off while im trying to deal with the stonger enemies. But If I try and take them out I can't hit the damn things :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom