• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has Vergil been confirmed to be in the game?

Azurel

The comparison to Silent Hill was already there with the first trailer "asylum" and the faceless enemies that Dante has to face.

Kammosjuttu

Around the net, particularly in YouTube, people sound so sure Vergil will be in the game and details like he’ll be dressed in a black coat instead of a blue one are persistent. If Ninja Theory has said nothing about Vergil, why are people suddenly so sure? And why is Vergil someone who teaches magic or something to the hooded girl? What is this with painting? I admit I’ve been away from the internet for a long time, so I am a bit confused with all the new info floating around.

Lulu_Way

DMC Fan X
The comparison to Silent Hill was already there with the first trailer "asylum" and the faceless enemies that Dante has to face.

Now that you mention it, the demons do look very similar to the lying figures in Silent Hill 2 cuz they don't have faces either.

I just noticed that the idea of an 'alternate/demonic' version of thie city was just like the otherworld concept in SH

Azurel

Now that you mention it, the demons do look very similar to the lying figures in Silent Hill 2 cuz they don't have faces either.

I just noticed that the idea of an 'alternate/demonic' version of thie city was just like the otherworld concept in SH

Not to mention Soul Reaver. But that's another story.

Railazel

May I predict that Vergil will be older than Dante and, naturally, no longer his twin. Furthermore, he is trying to lead Dante towards a particular goal, but not really be the "group leader" as there is no group, just him and Dante with Kat as a sort of aid, though she'll probably not be so for the entire game.

Azurel

May I predict that Vergil will be older than Dante and, naturally, no longer his twin. Furthermore, he is trying to lead Dante towards a particular goal, but not really be the "group leader" as there is no group, just him and Dante with Kat as a sort of aid, though she'll probably not be so for the entire game.

That sounds like a valid theory. I like twins, sure, but having a brother that's truly older, and therefore, wiser, makes for an interesting dynamic.

Railazel

That sounds like a valid theory. I like twins, sure, but having a brother that's truly older, and therefore, wiser, makes for an interesting dynamic.

Especially since, from what I can tell, Vergil is more strategic and focused. Dante, on the other hand, doesn't give two sh*ts about anything; he just wants to kill demons.

Azurel

Especially since, from what I can tell, Vergil is more strategic and focused. Dante, on the other hand, doesn't give two sh*ts about anything; he just wants to kill demons.

True, and they may not even be brothers at all. You never know. I just hope if Vergil is there, and if he does have his katana, then hopefully he'll be able to use it with two hands like he did in the dmc3 cutscenes.

Railazel

True, and they may not even be brothers at all. You never know. I just hope if Vergil is there, and if he does have his katana, then hopefully he'll be able to use it with two hands like he did in the dmc3 cutscenes.

You mean one, Vergil never used both hands to handle Yamato. He used one to carry the sheathe and the other to strike. Now, the problem with him using the katana as a weapon is how NT's going to give it an Angel and Demon form? Dante's Rebellion was easier because its original design implemented his two halfs as well as allowed it to have an "unlocked" form. The Yamato, on the other hand, is just an extremely sharp sword and has no special design, so it's more than likely Vergil won't be using it, much less any weapon at all if he intends to keep himself discreet.

Azurel

You mean one, Vergil never used both hands to handle Yamato. He used one to carry the sheathe and the other to strike. Now, the problem with him using the katana as a weapon is how NT's going to give it an Angel and Demon form? Dante's Rebellion was easier because its original design implemented his two halfs as well as allowed it to have an "unlocked" form. The Yamato, on the other hand, is just an extremely sharp sword and has no special design, so it's more than likely Vergil won't be using it, much less any weapon at all if he intends to keep himself discreet.

No, I meant two hands. He used both when fighting against Dante in the cutscenes and I was ****ed because I never got to use any combos that used both hands like Sparda did in DMC1. The Nelo Angelo trigger doesn't count because that was one combo and it was intolerably slow. I am very well aware of Vergil's Iai-jutsu Samurai style in which you hold the saya (sheath) in one hand, and use the other to strike. Now, he needs to use full-on Kenjutsu that uses both hands to strike.

However, it seems that all that is needed for the Angel and Demon forms is to give Vergil other one handed weapons if they decide to only use Iai-jutsu. A rapier for the angelic weapon and a Morning Star (a fitting name) for the Demonic Weapon.

You may also think that this is a bad idea, but Hawkeye's combo in UMvC3 is rather similar to Vergil's three strike combo. Hawkeye swings his bow (light attack) similar to how Vergil swings his saya, then hits you with an arrow (middle attack) after pulling it out of its quiver, then fires it, making that the strong attack.

Railazel

No, I meant two hands. He used both when fighting against Dante in the cutscenes and I was ****ed because I never got to use any combos that used both hands like Sparda did in DMC1. The Nelo Angelo trigger doesn't count because that was one combo and it was intolerably slow. I am very well aware of Vergil's Iai-jutsu Samurai style in which you hold the saya (sheath) in one hand, and use the other to strike. Now, he needs to use full-on Kenjutsu that uses both hands to strike.

However, it seems that all that is needed for the Angel and Demon forms is to give Vergil other one handed weapons if they decide to only use Iai-jutsu. A rapier for the angelic weapon and a Morning Star (a fitting name) for the Demonic Weapon.

You may also think that this is a bad idea, but Hawkeye's combo in UMvC3 is rather similar to Vergil's three strike combo. Hawkeye swings his bow (light attack) similar to how Vergil swings his saya, then hits you with an arrow (middle attack) after pulling it out of its quiver, then fires it, making that the strong attack.

Wait, what if he uses Force Edge? Oh my gosh, I'm a genius!

Azurel

Wait, what if he uses Force Edge? Oh my gosh, I'm a genius!

It's a good idea, but we'll see later on if it can work.

He used Force Edge with one hand in his combos except for Helm Splitter Levels 1 and 2, which is one move, so it doesn't count.

Besides, Force Edge could very easily be used as the demonic version of his two-handed Kenjutsu Katana style. We'll have to wait until the game comes out to be sure.

As for the angelic weapon, he could just use a three-section staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-section_staff

Railazel

It's a good idea, but we'll see later on if it can work.

He used Force Edge with one hand in his combos except for Helm Splitter Levels 1 and 2, which is one move, so it doesn't count.

Besides, Force Edge could very easily be used as the demonic version of his two-handed Kenjutsu Katana style. We'll have to wait until the game comes out to be sure.

As for the angelic weapon, he could just use a three-section staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-section_staff

Now that I think about it, a Naginata would be a good angelic weapon, if they want to keep with the Japanese them. And Force Edge is definitely a good demon candidate

Top Bottom