• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has Vergil been confirmed to be in the game?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
haha me too. alot of people are just assuming that what the 4chan guy said is true and taking it as truth.
Coming from someone who survived /b/, let me tell you, 4chan is full of surprises,, so it should come to you as no surprise someone on 4chan played the game

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The second section was a city section. I’ve seen this area in trailers, and I’ve also played it before. It has changed quite a bit since I played it about a year ago. Throughout the level you’re following Kat (I think that was her name). She is a psychic and can see things happening in limbo while in the real world. She mentions that Vergil taught her how to use magic and that he said she was a natural. She uses a spray paint can to “cast” a spell. She mentions that she prepares them in advance in these cans, or something like that. The police in the real world spot her using the spray paint on something, so she runs off and you start the platforming segment. Eventually you make your way to a church to fight a mini-boss of sorts, and after a world-morphing sequence where you use your angel glide to traverse, you break through a window and meet back up with Kat. It seemed mostly like a tutorial for using the grappling attacks in the environment to move platforms, and angel glide (a sort of triple jump that glides you forward) to get onto them.

This magical spray paint! Lol

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The second section was a city section. I’ve seen this area in trailers, and I’ve also played it before. It has changed quite a bit since I played it about a year ago. Throughout the level you’re following Kat (I think that was her name). She is a psychic and can see things happening in limbo while in the real world. She mentions that Vergil taught her how to use magic and that he said she was a natural. She uses a spray paint can to “cast” a spell. She mentions that she prepares them in advance in these cans, or something like that. The police in the real world spot her using the spray paint on something, so she runs off and you start the platforming segment. Eventually you make your way to a church to fight a mini-boss of sorts, and after a world-morphing sequence where you use your angel glide to traverse, you break through a window and meet back up with Kat. It seemed mostly like a tutorial for using the grappling attacks in the environment to move platforms, and angel glide (a sort of triple jump that glides you forward) to get onto them.

This magical spray paint! Lol
yup that's the rumor. MAGICAL SPRAY PAINT!

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
people from 4chan have come out and have brought light to the situation....from story to gameplay mechanics...what they have said before have been dead on so far...so why is this going into question?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
people from 4chan have come out and have brought light to the situation....from story to gameplay mechanics...what they have said before have been dead on so far...so why is this going into question?
I personally don't care what 4chan says, when I play the game, than I'll believe whatever crazy story it tells. But the moment Magical Spray Paint joined the DmC world I couldn't think about anything else but MAGICAL SPRAY PAINT.
Nobody is questioning you, their questioning this 4chan character. Now OK 4chan could indeed be right about all of this but nobody can confirm his word until we fans play it. Being right about a few things doesn't mean he is right about everything, it just means he/she/it isn't spreading crazy rumors. Although that Magical spray paint is just to wild to be true and to foolish to be true.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
the guy from 4chan hasn't been dead on. yes he has got some things right, but he is not dead on. for example:
4chan guy said:
when dante goes to the church section we didn't see a mini-boss fight it was only a traversal sequence.

You can dodge in any direction on both the ground and air by default. This my be an ability you have to purchase at some point in the game. We could also double jump by default.

Which reminds me, I can post the game's control scheme

Y / Triangle = Attack
B / Circle = Launcher attack
A / Cross = Jump
X / Square = Grappling attacks in angel and devil mode
[X / Square is also for shooting ebony and ivory, when not using angel or devil mode.]
R1 or L1 = Evade
Holding R2 = Devil Mode
Holding L2 = Angel Mode
R3 + L3 = Devil Trigger
DPad = I believe these were used for weapon swapping, which we didn't have access to. We only had Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Devil mode and Angel mode. (I vaguely remember some people saying there were some sort of issues with cannon if he had ebony and ivory, but he does call his guns that).

Devil Trigger is used for some platforming things. Typing it out reminded me that on the fourth section, in the gauntlet area, there was a large gap with platforms spinning very quickly. Using Devil Trigger slows them down and allows you to use the angel mode grapple to move onto, and past them.

We had a cheat-sheet of sorts that listed the controls, and there was no lock-on. I suppose that could change in the future, since the game is still in development.
when we saw the control scheme on the demo only RB/R1 was used to evade. so that's already two things that i can pick out wrong with his description.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Awake please don't think were going after you, because were not. Were just saying that you (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't take everything 4chan says as gospel truth. That's all.
Speaking of which that 4chan says Vergil is this game and that teaches Kat how to use MAGICAL SPRAY PAINT. This is what Vergil has been reduced to. Lol

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Awake please don't think were going after you, because were not. Were just saying that you (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't take everything 4chan says as gospel truth. That's all.
Speaking of which that 4chan says Vergil is this game and that teaches Kat how to use MAGICAL SPRAY PAINT. This is what Vergil has been reduced to. Lol
you didn't know? vergil loves to finger paint....MAGICALLY!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
you know it :)
Vergilfingerpaint.jpg

Top Bottom