• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest Devil May Cry Boss

Who's the hardest boss?

• Phantom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffon

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Nelo Angelo

• Nightmare

• Mundus

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Which boss did you find the most difficult and aggravating of all throughout DMC? I for one, thought Nightmare was the hardest. It took me about 19 tries to destroy it on Hard, whereas with Mundus, it only took 9 tries to kill him. >_<

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Re: Who's the hardest boss of all?

A quick list of my difficulty ratings. (Starting with the Hardest)

1. Nightmare
2. Mundus
3. Nelo Angelo
4. Phantom
5. Griffon

And a list of difficulty stars out of 5 for each appearance on DMD! (Not counting optional battles).

Phantom 1: 3/5
Phantom 2: 3.5/5

Griffon 1: 2.5/5
Griffon 2: 3/5
Griffon 3: 3.5/5

Nelo Angelo 1: 3.5/5
Nelo Angelo 2: 3.5/5
Nelo Angelo 3: 4.5/5

Nightmare 1: 4/5
Nightmare 2: 4/5
Nightmare 3: 5/5

Mundus 1: 4/5
Mundus 2: 4.5/5
Mundus 3: 1/5

HaveANiceDay

Serious business.

Since I never ever played through DMC on hard, I would say Mundus is the hardest one.
That fly-scene was kinda annoying, Nelo Angelo is on the lower difficultys pretty weak since you can just interrupt his attacks.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe

You're just lucky you haven't played Dante Must Die! difficulty; it will drive you NUTS! :p Things in the shop cost a fortune (3'000 orbs is the cheapest), Devil Trigger no longer heals your health, bosses have 3x more health, and normal enemies have Devil Trigger of their own! :sick:

Solidus

Rebellion

On DMD, Nelo 3 and Mundus 2 gave me some trouble. Didn't have any problems with the other bosses.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe

Nightmare certainly does deserve that title "Mental Machine". Especially when it goes critical in round 3, that's the bomber.

Nelo Angelo in round 3 was really hard too, but only took me about 7 tries to beat on DMD - I had Inferno, Meteor 2 and an Untouchable star do all the work for me. And I found an awesome way to counter that horrible phantom blade attack of his.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe

That's pretty bad - It does a lot of damage, he doesn't let out that gassy stuff so you can't always see it coming, and he doesn't flinch if you attack him whilst he uses it.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Nelo Angelo.............lol
i have a pleasure to kill him.
Phantom............he is soo easy to defeat him.
Nightmare is a tought Demon Junkyard but if u block his attacks............u can defeat him..............and thats all

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Griffon must avoid his attack and use E&I to let him dwon and if he open the heart, u could hit it coz it heaps more damage

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe

1. Nightmare is NOT a 'he'. "He" (and I use that term very loosely) is an 'it'.

2. Damn, this poll is very random, 1 vote for each boss except Phantom.

Solidus

Rebellion

Nelo Assholo;9673 said:
Nightmare certainly does deserve that title "Mental Machine". Especially when it goes critical in round 3, that's the bomber.

Nelo Angelo in round 3 was really hard too, but only took me about 7 tries to beat on DMD - I had Inferno, Meteor 2 and an Untouchable star do all the work for me. And I found an awesome way to counter that horrible phantom blade attack of his.

Howd you counter his phantom blades? I used rolling blaze.

Dark Elf

Dagger user

Solidus;9846 said:
Howd you counter his phantom blades? I used rolling blaze.

If you ask me, then I don't know. He misses somehow... But not always

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom