• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hands on take from IGN

m100t8s

It was posted, But keep this thread and don't delete it.
The one i made was just asking when the negative previews are coming and linked the article.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I love seeing the "Sure, nothing left to prove - IGN score 7/10"

People really don't understand rating systems anymore...10s are supposed to be rare, and a 7 is perfectly fine. 5 is supposed to be average.

Tiran

The great pretender.

People really don't understand rating systems anymore...10s are supposed to be rare, and a 7 is perfectly fine. 5 is supposed to be average.
People are judging based on the school grading scale where 9.0 is 'a', 8.0 is 'b', 7.0 is 'c' and anything below is s#it.

crush

If haters are expecting DmC to have 9's or 10's that's just plain queer.
I don't even see that happening. Are they more optimistic than we are?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Perhaps they think that we think it'll be like a perfect 10, and they want to believe that so we have further to fall. I don't put much stock in scores anyway, because a number can't describe what a game has to offer. Still dumb when people get ratings systems wrong though, like...if 7 is a **** poor game, then what about 6 to 1? it just gets worse from there? People are skewing scoring systems, and it's coming out that only 8s or above are worth playing, but 9s and 10s are supposed to be rare >.<

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
All of a sudden there are optimistic views all around threads of IGN.
Maybe we were just hiding our numbers.
Well I'm extremely optimistic for the game and I have heard almost no negativity from those who have played it, and what negative comments I did hear have been addressed and fixed. So yeah I'm expecting a high score from this game.

Top Bottom