• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo: how would you change the story?

seraphmaycry

so a new halo trilogy has been announced halo 5 possibly coming out at the end of this year (i heard was halfway done when halo 4 was released so i have high hopes)

anyway playing through the campaign LASO has made me realize the story is not that great in many senses. don't get me wrong i think master chief is cool and all but i think the story needs to be more changes this how i would change the series storyline.

1 i would make master chief connect with people more, seriously he spends all his time pulling a trigger of some sort in halo 4 cortana was meant to fill in that role but i really found myself going *yawn* AI's die after seven years how gives a crap it's not a real person

2 i'd bring the flood back. i would make some changes to keep the game play fresh but i think they are still very cool as they are

3 more homour, i found myself bored to death by a over-complicated story-line with no homour (im sorry cortana, could you explain that again)

4 bad ass AI's they are always so boring cortana is master chiefs gps and while they where some cool moment with AI's in the series it was just never enough

5 a new main character i think master chief is 100 percent awesome but he was in the spotlight for what? twelve years even in reach and odst he still owned the show either that or just have master cheif go through character development on a more major scale so he is more interesting

so how would you change the series?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
You see the thing is, you can't just change Halo's story. The story for Halo is...expansive, that you can literally just make up your own.
Whether it's the beautiful books, Halo: legends, and games even. Changing a piece of the story, is..honestly in my opinion not a good thing.
I love Halo, it's my favorite series because it proves that an FPS can have one of the best stories, the most beautiful things you'll ever see in a video game as well..it proves an FPS doesn't have to have Russians killing each other. Which is why Mass Effect and Halo are special to me, it gives me hope for a better future.

seraphmaycry

while i agree with you the story contains a lot of minor gripes for me i'd like smoothed out like:
how can people claim halo 4to be a love story when master cheif is a half human half robot with lots of genetic augment-ion adopted in a military program and trained for the rest of his life at the age of six? and cortana is a AI an ARTIFICIAL intelligience no i don't care HOW AI's are made sure they are cloned from humand and i agree with everything the books say but they incapable of emotions they only fake them

also AI's should come to terms with having a life-span of seven years well, actually pretend to have to cope with it honestly the game is full action and no depth don't get me wrong i love action but i also want some depth the forerunners are meant to fill this part out but they try to protect all life in the universe BY MAKING A AWESOME GIANT SUPER WEAPON THAT KILLS EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE AND IS ATTEMPTED TO BE FIRED UP AGAIN QUITE SOME TTIME lATER BECAUSE THEY FORGET THE TERM SELF-DESTRUCT

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
while i agree with you the story contains a lot of minor gripes for me i'd like smoothed out like:
how can people claim halo 4to be a love story when master cheif is a half human half robot with lots of genetic augment-ion adopted in a military program and trained for the rest of his life at the age of six? and cortana is a AI an ARTIFICIAL intelligience no i don't care HOW AI's are made sure they are cloned from humand and i agree with everything the books say but they incapable of emotions they only fake them

also AI's should come to terms with having a life-span of seven years well, actually pretend to have to cope with it honestly the game is full action and no depth don't get me wrong i love action but i also want some depth the forerunners are meant to fill this part out but they try to protect all life in the universe BY MAKING A AWESOME GIANT SUPER WEAPON THAT KILLS EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE AND IS ATTEMPTED TO BE FIRED UP AGAIN QUITE SOME TTIME lATER BECAUSE THEY FORGET THE TERM SELF-DESTRUCT
Cortana said she is the first A.I. generated by living tissue, basically an exact clone of Doctor Halsey.
During the end of their 7 year lifespan they start to think they are human, hence her overhaul of looks to look more human. Why she thinks she can feel emotions, hell she even said it herself "I can give you over 40,000 reasons why I know that sun isn't real. I know it because the emitters rayleigh effect is disproportionate to it's suggested size. I know it because it's stellar cycle is more symmetrical than that of an actual star. But for all that, I'll never actually know if it looks real, if it feels real..."
Also, Chief is not even cyborg just reallly augmented. And AI's usually do tend to cope with it..but this is Cortana we are talking about, the only AI in existence to take in all the information about the forerunners, human history and others as well..she sucked in more information than anyone or any AI.
Also, there will be more forerunner depth/enemies in Halo 5 (which isn't the next halo yet, btw) it's like when Halo 1 started, you barely had any enemy styles to fight. It's like this.
Lasky: "You say that like soldiers and humanity are two different things. Soldiers aren't machines. We're just people."
Chief: "She said that to me once..about being a machine."
He's still human, he still can feel emotions, while I agree about the AI part of it..Chief is still there, human, and doing what Cortana told him to do..figure out which one of them was the machine.

seraphmaycry

Cortana said she is the first A.I. generated by living tissue, basically an exact clone of Doctor Halsey.
During the end of their 7 year lifespan they start to think they are human, hence her overhaul of looks to look more human. Why she thinks she can feel emotions, hell she even said it herself "I can give you over 40,000 reasons why I know that sun isn't real. I know it because the emitters rayleigh effect is disproportionate to it's suggested size. I know it because it's stellar cycle is more symmetrical than that of an actual star. But for all that, I'll never actually know if it looks real, if it feels real..."
Also, Chief is not even cyborg just reallly augmented. And AI's usually do tend to cope with it..but this is Cortana we are talking about, the only AI in existence to take in all the information about the forerunners, human history and others as well..she sucked in more information than anyone or any AI.
Also, there will be more forerunner depth/enemies in Halo 5 (which isn't the next halo yet, btw) it's like when Halo 1 started, you barely had any enemy styles to fight. It's like this.
Lasky: "You say that like soldiers and humanity are two different things. Soldiers aren't machines. We're just people."
Chief: "She said that to me once..about being a machine."
He's still human, he still can feel emotions, while I agree about the AI part of it..Chief is still there, human, and doing what Cortana told him to do..figure out which one of them was the machine.

auctually i already cortana was cloned all AI's where cloned, hence me not caring on how they where made i never knew you could store emotions on a USB

this thread is not about wether halo is written good or bad if you want to discuss the story PM me

the thread is about how you would change it i never stated you had to change even a small part of the story im asking how you would improve you could give master cheif a extra line and say DONE!!

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Ohhh, I'd change it by adding in the true ancient enemy..the Precursors.
They are extinct, yes..but in one galaxy. They might be the real ancient evil, asleep for a very long time.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Ohhh, I'd change it by adding in the true ancient enemy..the Precursors.
They are extinct, yes..but in one galaxy. They might be the real ancient evil, asleep for a very long time.
Exactly what I would want. The Precursors are even more technologically advanced than the forerunners, so a whole load of new things could be added.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Halo has a story that's well told but here's the thing about Halo, it's one giant rip off to the point where it's almost shameless. There is seriously not a single ounce of originality or freshness to Halo's story at all. You might not know about this but to me every time I even hear the word Halo, one of the main things that will always come to mind is this:
200px-Ringworld(1stEd).jpg

Besides, as a game franchise this series peaked at 2 and did nothing worthwhile since. It's stagnant and all I can give it now is that it's a slightly more fun shooter than the rest but that's not saying much anymore. Forward Unto Dawn was the best thing to come out of Halo in a long time and that was just a live action web series.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Halo has a story that's well told but here's the thing about Halo, it's one giant rip off to the point where it's almost shameless. There is seriously not a single ounce of originality or freshness to Halo's story at all. You might not know about this but to me every time I even hear the word Halo, one of the main things that will always come to mind is this:
200px-Ringworld(1stEd).jpg

Besides, as a game franchise this series peaked at 2 and did nothing worthwhile since. It's stagnant and all I can give it now is that it's a slightly more fun shooter than the rest but that's not saying much anymore. Forward Unto Dawn was the best thing to come out of Halo in a long time and that was just a live action web series.
You see the thing is, the idea of a ringworld is a rip off. But what they do with the ringworld and everything else isn't.
That's literally the only thing the name Halo and Larry Niven's book have in common is the shape of the ringworld, oh and the crash landing, and If I remember correctly religious nuts. (in this case the Covenant for Halo)
So saying the Halo/ringworld is a giant rip off is just pure nonsense, that's barely even 5% of the whole Halo universe all-together including books, games, and Halo: Legends.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I actually wished the story didn't change or even continue, I loved the first 3 Halos. It was an amazing trilogy, it had a great start, an awesome middle and an epic ending. I wanted it to end there, I wanted it to stay as an awesome trilogy.
But then they just suddenly added a "Finish the fight........later", so I don't really care for Halo 4 and it's future titles.

Top Bottom